Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest, Bloom and Poyet need to make it clear to the agents that are arranging these transfers, that they simply will not happen unless these very agents work hard to get some players IN for us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
= a selling club mentality, again, despite having vast income from the Amex = mediocrity on the pitch.

Whilst Cardiff and others spend on players to progress.

Bridcutt and Buckley should not be sold at any price.

it's time to buy quality and get rid of the far less talented cloggers.
Football finance is a balancing act, if the crown jewels are sold its for a reason.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Zamora hardly cut it in the Premiership did he, Bennett a bit part player - I cannot see Liam playing much 1st team football if he leaves

Zamora was a massive success with Fulham, and an integral part of their PL and Europa cup campaigns. I know Fulham fans and Zamora was adored.

Agree about Bennett. I wonder if it's because he isn't the strongest in a league of powerful athletes?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Zamora was a massive success with Fulham, and an integral part of their PL and Europa cup campaigns. I know Fulham fans and Zamora was adored.

Agree about Bennett. I wonder if it's because he isn't the strongest in a league of powerful athletes?

I'd say he isn't quite strong enough, isn't quite quick enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is only 23. He has plenty of time to get get to the top flight. Leaving us at the end of the season would be a bad move unless he goes somewhere like spurs, arsenal or Everton

Players and agents dont see it like this though. It's all about the mega-bucks deal and getting it as soon as possible. A player could have their career ended at any moment.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But with ZERO external or interest bearing debt, and TB personally financing Lancing, where is the need to raise millions and sell the 2 best players?
Hard to say why the need has arisen, maybe the players (agents) are pushing for a transfer seeing the direction that this season is heading at the moment (3 wins in 17) or Poyet is attempting a major overhaul which requires funding for the same reason. I don't want to lose Bridcutt or Buckley, they are our best players, but sadly things aren't as simple as you'd hope they would be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Players and agents dont see it like this though. It's all about the mega-bucks deal and getting it as soon as possible. A player could have their career ended at any moment.

As an aside, I read today that Demba Ba's agents aim to pocket £2m from any future transfer. Who's interests do you think these people will be looking after?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey u into self abuse watching tht again :)

don't know what made me put it on but it was actually quite interesting watching it on the box.
If you want to see everything that is wrong with us at the moment and you recorded it,spin it on to 10 minutes.
Orlandi robs their player on the edge of our box,the commentators get excited saying it is '2 vs 2' then time we get to their box they were saying it is 'now 2 vs 5' in Watfords favour ,then made quite a thing about our lack of speed to get up the pitch.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If it means getting Elliott Bennett back, then It might not be so bad. Bridcutts position is replaceable.

Except, it really isn't. Wingers are much easier to find then dominating holding midfielders. Incredible that people still really don't understand what Liam Bridcutt brings to the team.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Except, it really isn't. Wingers are much easier to find then dominating holding midfielders. Incredible that people still really don't understand what Liam Bridcutt brings to the team.

I can clearly see what Bridcutt brings into the team, he is playing almost 2 roles in shutting don the oppositions play and also playing a fabregas type role, he's the main man right now in the starting 11. I don't think it's impossible in england to find someone who can fill that gap if he leaves. Defence minded players are more common to find in the UK. I'm not claiming we will find better but attacking players seem harder to find.
Regardless if bridcutt goes or not. I really do believe if we managed to get some areal presence upfront (Ulloa), then Bennett would be an absolute gem of a signing. No one in the albion team can cross the ball as well as EB. EB can play behind the forwards with his neat passing and even fill in at rightback. If he comes back with a big striker. I would see this as a very good piece of business and a much more complete side. Bennetts was the equivalent to Bridcutt in terms of the playmaker and influence. The difference in style is obvious but if one goes and the other comes back, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can clearly see what Bridcutt brings into the team, he is playing almost 2 roles in shutting don the oppositions play and also playing a fabregas type role, he's the main man right now in the starting 11. I don't think it's impossible in england to find someone who can fill that gap if he leaves. Defence minded players are more common to find in the UK. I'm not claiming we will find better but attacking players seem harder to find.
Regardless if bridcutt goes or not. I really do believe if we managed to get some areal presence upfront (Ulloa), then Bennett would be an absolute gem of a signing. No one in the albion team can cross the ball as well as EB. EB can play behind the forwards with his neat passing and even fill in at rightback. If he comes back with a big striker. I would see this as a very good piece of business and a much more complete side. Bennetts was the equivalent to Bridcutt in terms of the playmaker and influence. The difference in style is obvious but if one goes and the other comes back, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If you don't live in this country, how do you have such an insight into our team ?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If you don't live in this country, how do you have such an insight into our team ?

Because I watch the team and have also played it at a good level to understand the game.

What about you? I take it you're going to Ipswich then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because I watch the team and have also played it at a good level to understand the game.

What about you? I take it you're going to Ipswich then?

How do you watch them out of the country though? Regularly?

No chance, not at £34.50 a ticket

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
played it at a good level to understand the game.

This means nothing. I have heard plenty of people, who have played at the highest level, talk utter nonsense about football.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
How do you watch them out of the country though? Regularly?

No chance, not at £34.50 a ticket

Sorry but why do I have to prove to you how regularly I go when you're not exactly Brightons most loyal.
Fool of the highest.

ps when did I say regularly? and why do you care so much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here