Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Is the most underated player in the premier league. How he's only been capped once for England is beyond me.

Today he was absolutely magnificent, his distribution was fantastic as was his defending.

In my opinion, the best player to have ever worn the stripes.
I can answer the one cap bit , southgate ( better known as the buck toothed fucktard career ruining turdster ) is palace and knows Lewis is better drunk carrying a backback full of bricks than he was sober on his best day .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Southgate I believe has only been to the Amex once.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Agreed. I measure 'best' as being the sum of his contribution over a long period of time. People seem to forget that he was a standout player in the Hypia debacle and his goals as top scorer that season went a long way to keeping us in the Championship.
5 wasn't it? 5! We've got four on seven this year already.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He would have at least 50 England caps under any non-Palace England manager. If only he could crack jokes in a Scouse accent or hoof the ball left-footed into touch.
Mings 17 caps
Michael Keane 12 caps
Gomez 11 caps
Phil Jones 27 caps
Guehi 3 caps
Dier 37 caps

Dunk 1 cap

He’s a better defender, leader, organiser, passer. Pace, he has enough, whilst Mings’s superior pace means sod all as he’s an awful defender.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another imperious display from Dunk, another horror show from England's Tyrone Mings.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Mings 17 caps
Michael Keane 12 caps
Gomez 11 caps
Phil Jones 27 caps
Guehi 3 caps
Dier 37 caps

Dunk 1 cap

He’s a better defender, leader, organiser, passer. Pace, he has enough, whilst Mings’s superior pace means sod all as he’s an awful defender.
Those stats are actually unbelievable. His lack of opportunity must be incredibly frustrating for the players himself.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I love the fact we can play De Zerbi ball with (it seems like), about nine teenage attackers, because we have Dunky and Veltman at the back ready to save us if we lose the ball. They are the best insurance policy you can have.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
He is so dependable now and seems to have eliminated the silly unforced errors that he used to make earlier in his career. He has got better with age. I also like the way that he never defends with his hands behind his back and never turns away from a challenge.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I don't think he'd start too often in a 4, but how he's not in every single squad and as you say got a fair few caps is beyond me. Oh did the manager play for palarse and villa so outside of them only picks top 6/now7?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I hope we get to Europe just so he can be the first man to captain us on there.

Can’t be many, if any, players who’ve stayed with one team from L1 to the Europa.
Andy King definitely did with Leicester. There was a bit of coverage at the time about him being the only player in the modern era to win League One, the Championship and the PL with the same club. He also stayed on to play in the CL with Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here