Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He did a chest back to an equally blasé one handed catch by Big Bob in front of the baying Bmuff fans, I'll have you know :wink:
Ben Feldman GIF by Superstore

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Liverpool going to go for him in the summer when we finish above them and after offloading one or both of Gomez and Matip.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s 1 off Jamie Carraghers PL own goal record and I think only 4 off the all time record

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I guess the Nigels will subject him to their slander next week given they were going for it with Greenwood yesterday.. About time the authorities grew a pair and call this out.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It’s a disgrace.

Thankfully for Lewis he seems such a positive and forward-looking person.

In a era of peak Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell it would be fair. But not now.
I know that my Albion bias should be taken in to account, and so i wouldnt go as far to say Lewis should be a first choice centre back for England but its so weird that players like Coady & Mings have been given 10+ caps each, 10+ opportunities to show what they can do, & Lewis who is a far superior player has only had that 1 game years back. At the time maybe his top league quality was still unknown to a wider audience, but over the years since he's put in MotM performances every week & doesnt get a sniff. Even players like Guehi & Mitchell only had to put in half a season at a Prem club of semi decent performances before instantly Southgate & media were say 'yep these 2 are definitely worth a go in the England team'.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Oh yeah I forgot, proven goal scorer.
He doesn't need many more reds to catch up with DF And Viera?

Would hardly be a surprise if he got one next week.

I doubt it would be as good as Sir Duffy nutting their defender though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know that my Albion bias should be taken in to account, and so i wouldnt go as far to say Lewis should be a first choice centre back for England but its so weird that players like Coady & Mings have been given 10+ caps each, 10+ opportunities to show what they can do, & Lewis who is a far superior player has only had that 1 game years back. At the time maybe his top league quality was still unknown to a wider audience, but over the years since he's put in MotM performances every week & doesnt get a sniff. Even players like Guehi & Mitchell only had to put in half a season at a Prem club of semi decent performances before instantly Southgate & media were say 'yep these 2 are definitely worth a go in the England team'.
Same here, imho LD didn’t warrant being England’s starting CB for sustained periods.

But he should’ve been involved for two lengthy spells - around the time of his cap and the last 9 months.

GS repeatedly said he’s go by form. Then abandoned that for his WC centre backs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How amazing would it be to see him pick the FA Cup up for us in May, after 400 plus appearances?

He would literally have been with us from Withdean to Wembley.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Mings 17 caps
Michael Keane 12 caps
Gomez 11 caps
Phil Jones 27 caps
Guehi 3 caps
Dier 37 caps

Dunk 1 cap

He’s a better defender, leader, organiser, passer. Pace, he has enough, whilst Mings’s superior pace means sod all as he’s an awful defender.
Just shows that we have an imbecile as England manager

Michael Keane 12 caps 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Phil Jones 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mings is even worse than those two

Not having Lewis Dunk in that team in the last World Cup meant that Giroud was able to score in the semi final as Macguire (as always) fell asleep.

What is the point of keeping Southgate - he is a serial failure, and has never ever achieved anything at all a a manager. He is also WET.

But England's loss is the Albion's gain.

And our success has been built around Lewis, as the most consistent part of the spine of our team. Absoloute legend!!!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He doesn't need many more reds to catch up with DF And Viera?

Would hardly be a surprise if he got one next week.

I doubt it would be as good as Sir Duffy nutting their defender though
I think he has only got one yellow card all season. He seems to have successfully cut that out of his game.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It’s a disgrace.

Thankfully for Lewis he seems such a positive and forward-looking person.

In an era of peak Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell it would be fair. But not now.
Especially when you look at who’s got caps ahead of him.
Tarkowski, Micheal Keane, Maguire, Dier.

How he’s only got 1 cap is completely baffling.

Edit: who the hell is Joe Gomez.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not sure I'd be too keen on the idea of Dunk spending too much time with Southgate and the England set up, they'd have him zonal marking thin air in no time.

I think Dunk has been overlooked simply because he was seen as a body on the line defender and nothing more, that's just pure and simple hogwash as most Brighton And Hove Albion supporters know, he's so much more and if they couldn't see it or can't see it then it makes me wonder how inept the set up is in the first place,I'm not sure I'd swap Dunk for any other CB in the league let alone a English one,that says it all to me and my Fantasy team wouldn't be complete without Dunky.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Assuming it’s a dig at Spurs, but not sure I follow.
No dig at Spurs. Hoddle was probably Englands best player at his peak but wasn’t getting selected in the first team anywhere near enough. Considering Bergkamp (not our one) modelled his game on Hoddle whilst Cruyff couldn’t believe England weren’t building their team around Hoddle, it makes me wonder if there’s a thing with England and avoiding players who aren’t associated with Silverware eg Matt Le Tissier and now Dunk?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here