Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For a Chelsea supporter whose dog is called Drogba it would be a dream move.
He would be a massive loss, but I'm reassured by the development of Webster, Burn, Clarke and White.
Looking at the season highlights of Matt Clarke at Derby County we may have a player that could be better than most of us expected.
And we've also got the small matter of Leeds United kindly allowing their best player to join us.

In the revised Covid economy I would think that anything above £35Million for Lewis Dunk would be great business.
Perhaps they could throw in Batshuyi.

The relative lack of Premier League experience, as well as lack of leadership at the back, there is frightening. Maybe considering Veltman in there may make things look better, but Dunk - should he go - would be an almighty loss.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Swansman is right they need some home grown players. They only named 5 HGPs in their squad after the January transfer window. They only named 22 players in total as they had reached the limit on number of non HGPs they could have in the squad.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1603207

Christiansen will be out the door though shortly. I have no real knowledge of their thinking on this or who else they might be gonna offload, so I am probably guessing a bit

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
All the time Dunk hasn't signed his yearly new contract, think theres a chance this could happen.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're thinking in yesterday's money.

We MIGHT just accept £40m. If Chelsea aren't willing to pay that, then they aren't getting him, simple as that.

Top defenders around the world for £30m? Maybe 10 years ago. We're now living in an era of the likes of Maguire for £70m.

I personally think £50m is a fair price for Dunky.

Helping your argument, Maguire cost £80m.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good point, although I'm not sure Dale "beer and a rolly" Stephens is captain material. Ryan is, I would agree and possibly Veltman. But Lallana is the one who jumps out as obvious.

When playing as captain, Dale Stephens fulfils that role very well.

And he has the respect of his team-mates, who have voted him second in players' Player of the Year, as well as his professional colleagues across the game, who have voted him into their team of the year.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Dunk is not good enough for Chelsea. Quality player but not top four material. I'm calling the rumour horseshit

I don’t respond to much on hear. I like reading people’s thoughts. But I have to say Spence, whenever you write anything I always think what a load of shit this person writes. This comment is another example.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The relative lack of Premier League experience, as well as lack of leadership at the back, there is frightening. Maybe considering Veltman in there may make things look better, but Dunk - should he go - would be an almighty loss.

Yes, Dunk would be a loss - but maybe it is time to change for both him and us.

With Webster, Burn, Veltman, Clarke, White - and maybe Duffy for another year - I'd be happy going into 2020-21 with that. Plus the benefit of trousering enough for another decent striker.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t respond to much on hear. I like reading people’s thoughts. But I have to say Spence, whenever you write anything I always think what a load of shit this person writes. This comment is another example.

He is a huge attention seeker and deliberately posts bollocks and does it in way that is so bold and sure. He’s got proved wrong numerous times and still does it. Best ignored - and not worth derailing another thread for tbh. Joker.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

With Webster, Burn, Veltman, Clarke, White - and maybe Duffy for another year - I'd be happy going into 2020-21 with that. Plus the benefit of trousering enough for another decent striker.

Duffy won’t be here

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
More than comfortable seeing him go. We need, at some point, to see what our academy is made of and LD deserves a chance at the big time. If we go down, C’est la vie.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Worth remembering that Ake doesn't have a relegation release clause in his contract (Telegraph in Jan) but that Chelsea have a £40 million buy back clause in his contract. £41 million is a fee to negate Chelsea's clause.

Hard to compare the two situations and therefore transfer fees. I do however think that we won't see the heights of Maguire's fee for a while and around you are absolutely right in your valuation. It would mean the club make a healthy profit this year despite the horrific financial impact of coronavirus.

Thanks for the correction, I knew that they offered just over 40m for a reason surprised they didnt go for the Arsenal and 1p move.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Dunk's loss would be far bigger than the centre-back hole he leaves. No idea why it's a time for change for us - absolutely none.

Not sure why so many think Clarke and White will be OK in this division. We have no evidence of that yet. I'm sure they will be - eventually. But on day one?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
So it was me that posted the tweet, so hopefully that dispels the rumour that it’s entirely made up BS. I’d like to think I have some small amount of credibility still :kiss:

I rarely, if ever, post anything that doesn’t have some decent substance to it, but I have been burned with false info once before (about 2 years or so ago) and frankly it’s embarrassing to get it wrong. To this end I was hesitant about tweeting something without revealing a source. Fact is I just won’t reveal the source as it’s not fair to the person who told me, who is very close to the circs.
In actuality, they were the third person who told me there was something in it, but I resisted the temptation to tweet for the first two.

Really hope it’s not going to happen but I understand that enquires were made in Jan but shelved until both clubs season’s had been completed.

Time will tell.

I almost wish I hadn’t tweeted it as my phone’s been buzzing like a good’un all day with Twitter notifications. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here