Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So it was me that posted the tweet, so hopefully that dispels the rumour that it’s entirely made up BS. I’d like to think I have some small amount of credibility still :kiss:

I rarely, if ever, post anything that doesn’t have some decent substance to it, but I have been burned with false info once before (about 2 years or so ago) and frankly it’s embarrassing to get it wrong. To this end I was hesitant about tweeting something without revealing a source. Fact is I just won’t reveal the source as it’s not fair to the person who told me, who is very close to the circs.
In actuality, they were the third person who told me there was something in it, but I resisted the temptation to tweet for the first two.

Really hope it’s not going to happen but I understand that enquires were made in Jan but shelved until both clubs season’s had been completed.

Time will tell.

I almost wish I hadn’t tweeted it as my phone’s been buzzing like a good’un all day with Twitter notifications. :shootself

Interested to know why you shared the intel you had from your sources. Seems BHA like to keep their cards close to their chest in these things but you've chosen to share it. Definitely not having a pop at you, but I'd be interested to know your thinking.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Losing Dunk would be an enormous blow, there’s no point even trying to sugar coat it........let’s not pretend this wouldn’t be devastating blow.

Webster has improved dramatically with Dunk alongside
White is totally unproven, regardless of how good his Championship season was.
Duffy looks like he’s on his way out
Veltman is a good signing but again, no experience in this league.

Come folks, let’s have a glass half full approach to this. Look at Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt. When the time comes - we are still a selling club, only a small handful in the World are not. We just stick it out more than most.

Webster has improved dramatically with Dunk alongside.

He has found his Premier League feet since the lockdown break and will be one of our big players next season.

White is totally unproven, regardless of how good his Championship season was.

Watch him against Kane a few years ago, he was not found wanting and is a better player now.

Duffy looks like he’s on his way out.

Indeed, not so good a ball player. But probably behind Webster, White and Veltman now.

Veltman is a good signing but again, no experience in this league.

He has Looked pretty good in the Champions League and playing for Holland, stepping down to the Premier League shouldn’t be an issue for a man of his experience.

And you didn’t even mention Derby’s POTS from a team containing Rain Wooney or Burn who was immense against Citeh as a centre back for Wigan in the cup.

I ultimately want a sustainable club, we can’t go begging to uncle Tony each time we want a new player. stadium upgrade or new training facility.

I have every confidence that the Dunk ‘n’ Duffy money will bring in attacking options fit for a top ten Premier League club, you just see if they don’t!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What a load of nonsense, the only official source of this bollocks, other than twitter, is footballlondon.com???? And the best they can come up with is "It's unclear as to where the Dunk to Chelsea transfer chatter started, but a number of Blues supporters are on board with such a deal."

£40m? For Lewis Dunk?

No!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Interested to know why you shared the intel you had from your sources. Seems BHA like to keep their cards close to their chest in these things but you've chosen to share it. Definitely not having a pop at you, but I'd be interested to know your thinking.

I wasn’t over surprised with what they told me, but other rumours get posted all the time, so I didn’t give it much extra thought really. In truth I would be happy to be shot down.
If it’s proved to be wrong though, I’ll likely never post such a statement again. Being mugged off once was embarrassing, twice would be humiliating!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've no doubt Chelsea, and many other clubs, may be interested in Lewis Dunk, and may or may not be considering a bid for him.

But then, as Paul Barber said on this week's Albion Roar, we always get interest in our players every week. And face it, this particular charade is now on its, what, fifth / sixth close season?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So it was me that posted the tweet, so hopefully that dispels the rumour that it’s entirely made up BS. I’d like to think I have some small amount of credibility still :kiss:

I rarely, if ever, post anything that doesn’t have some decent substance to it, but I have been burned with false info once before (about 2 years or so ago) and frankly it’s embarrassing to get it wrong. To this end I was hesitant about tweeting something without revealing a source. Fact is I just won’t reveal the source as it’s not fair to the person who told me, who is very close to the circs.
In actuality, they were the third person who told me there was something in it, but I resisted the temptation to tweet for the first two.

Really hope it’s not going to happen but I understand that enquires were made in Jan but shelved until both clubs season’s had been completed.

Time will tell.

I almost wish I hadn’t tweeted it as my phone’s been buzzing like a good’un all day with Twitter notifications. :shootself

Jam, I think it was me who called this as BS, on here first.
I saw it on twitter, and, thought it was the usual crap tweeted on there by someone sh it stirring to get a bite. I did think maybe it was aimed at Leeds fans, just to upset them a bit more.
So, apologies, I m still not convinced Dunk will go, but, I’m a little less confident he’ll stay now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think Mount will be counted as HGP next season but they are still short.

As an aside, whilst looking into this, I discovered Kurt Zouma's middle name is "Happy".

Mount has another season before he needs to be named. The cut off for under 21s next season is players born on or after Jan 1st 1999, so Mount make it by 10 days.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
This seeks to assume that Dunk WANTS to leave. So does he?

He also - of all people who would know - fully understands Tony Bloom's consideration of what 'Not For Sale' means. In that regard, Lewis Dunk is a professional, a not a Palace-rejected, toy-throwing pram inhabitant.

Tony will only sell if he feels it benefits the club to sell, not if it benefits Lewis Dunk.

Admittedly they're no Leeds United, but Chelsea will probably be a big draw for him. :smile:

My instant reaction to the Veltman signing was "somebody is off". It doesn't seem to make much sense otherwise.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I wasn’t over surprised with what they told me, but other rumours get posted all the time, so I didn’t give it much extra thought really. In truth I would be happy to be shot down.
If it’s proved to be wrong though, I’ll likely never post such a statement again. Being mugged off once was embarrassing, twice would be humiliating!

Out of interest and because I don’t keep a log of these things can you tell me which rumour was your first error relating to?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've no doubt Chelsea, and many other clubs, may be interested in Lewis Dunk, and may or may not be considering a bid for him.

But then, as Paul Barber said on this week's Albion Roar, we always get interest in our players every week. And face it, this particular charade is now on its, what, fifth / sixth close season?

Clunk....anyone else hear that?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But counter that with Tony Blooms comments in The Athletic. Not saying it will definitely happen or definitely be Dunk but sooner or later we need to sell someone for some big numbers.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Can't see it happening, they'll view him as too old they'll be looking to the future. There are younger, cheaper options which suit there model more i'd be more inclined to think White and Webster would be more likely Chelsea targets at the minute. Arsenal probably much more likely to go in for Dunk. But if he did leave he's an albion Legend and wouldn't be mad about it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just been discussing this, away from NSC:

Don't get me wrong - we would still miss him very badly - but for the first time, with Veltman signing, Webster settling down, and White to come in, I feel that we MIGHT be okay without him.

The only thing is Duffy apart (who surely will also leave), none of those you mention are physical 'packages', and when we do play the Burnley's or Sheffield United's we are more liable to get bullied.

That said, I believe Dunk supports Chelsea and if they are prepared to pay £40m-£50m, I don't think anyone would stand in his way.

Just a great player.......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk is not good enough for Chelsea. Quality player but not top four material. I'm calling the rumour horseshit

And Zouma/ Christensen are??

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jam, I think it was me who called this as BS, on here first.
I saw it on twitter, and, thought it was the usual crap tweeted on there by someone sh it stirring to get a bite. I did think maybe it was aimed at Leeds fans, just to upset them a bit more.
So, apologies, I m still not convinced Dunk will go, but, I’m a little less confident he’ll stay now.

No probs at all. I was particularly having a dig at you either, so no frets. Had plenty on Twitter call it BS. And I really hope it proves to be BS!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Out of interest and because I don’t keep a log of these things can you tell me which rumour was your first error relating to?

I was told Bloom been offered some money to start paying back his loans etc but had declined as he wasn’t interested in taking any money out.
I got shot down on that one, and haven’t spoken to my source for it since!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

I was told Bloom been offered some money to start paying back his loans etc but had declined as he wasn’t interested in taking any money out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Twice :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here