Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As evidenced by the fact that he was more than happy to sign Potters death warrant at Chelsea and save himself.
He might have learnt that “look after number one and f*** everyone else” attitude from GP though :smile:

I wish Levi well, I liked him and his apparent attitude through all of this.

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
This was an unusual situation, Chelsea had him by goolies, because he was on bugger all u18 pay. They could make him stay on that until June25 if vindictive needs be.

Signing a new contract was the only way he could get his hands on serious money, when all around him at all ages are millionaires or soon to be.
It's a similar situation to Caicedo and how you guys had him by the goolies on a lengthy contract, whilst he was getting paid a pittance in comparison to others.

The only difference is Colwill actually wanted to stay with us

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are you sure about that? He held out on signing a new contract, which he hasn’t signed yet for an awfully long time. Difference being that we allow players to leave ONCE the price is met. You refused to let Colwill leave full stop, probably just in pig headed principal because of the clusterfuck you’ve made of signings from the Albion over the last year, even though Colwill probably did in fact want to stay here.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's a similar situation to Caicedo and how you guys had him by the goolies on a lengthy contract, whilst he was getting paid a pittance in comparison to others.

Not true about Colwill.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yep, and he already did that
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
No he didn't. Playing for Brighton in the Premier League was obviously a huge step up from anything he had previously done in his career. It's due to that loan spell that Chelsea are now prepared to name him in the squad rather than sign 3 central defenders like they did last season.
Uhm, he would've already been in the squad if it weren't for Tuchel and that's why you only got a loan instead of a sale

Reactions: cjd

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
Are you sure about that? He held out on signing a new contract, which he hasn’t signed yet for an awfully long time. Difference being that we allow players to leave ONCE the price is met. You refused to let Colwill leave full stop, probably just in pig headed principal because of the clusterfuck you’ve made of signings from the Albion over the last year, even though Colwill probably did in fact want to stay here.
He held on simply for the fact of wanting to know where he stood with the club and how much they valued him.

Once it was known that he would play.an integral part and would see loads of game time, he then agreed to sign a new contract.

He would've ONLY left to go to Brighton if we didn't offer him suitable minutes. Besides that he didn't want you

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He held on simply for the fact of wanting to know where he stood with the club and how much they valued him.

Once it was known that he would play.an integral part and would see loads of game time, he then agreed to sign a new contract.

He would've ONLY left to go to Brighton if we didn't offer him suitable minutes. Besides that he didn't want you
He didn’t want to join a BETTER club?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Uhm, he would've already been in the squad if it weren't for Tuchel and that's why you only got a loan instead of a sale
I hope you stay on this board.

You really are funny.

Edit; I apologise to anyone who feels I'm taking the piss out of a mentally challenged individual.

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
The quantity and quality of talent produced by the Chelsea Academy is genuinely staggering. Kudos must go to Frank Lampard for being the first manager in many years to utilise it.

No doubt Levi would have had a fondness for Albion but at Chelsea Football Club he'll likely have the chance of regular Champions League football and a pathway to the England senior side. Not only that but this coming season he'll get to play alongside Thiago Silva - one of the greatest central defenders this millennium, what price can a young player put on such an experience?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The quantity and quality of talent produced by the Chelsea Academy is genuinely staggering. Kudos must go to Frank Lampard for being the first manager in many years to utilise it.

No doubt Levi would have had a fondness for Albion but at Chelsea Football Club he'll likely have the chance of regular Champions League football and a pathway to the England senior side. Not only that but this coming season he'll get to play alongside Thiago Silva - one of the greatest central defenders this millennium, what price can a young player put on such an experience?
Frank Lampard only used it because you had a transfer embargo and I have to say his efforts at being a PL manager have been f***ing hilarious :lolol:

The man is a complete clown as a manager and you were mug enough ( again) to get him in to save your season, that went brilliantly for the fans of other PL Clubs.

You now have a manager who has proven to be more style than substance, don’t hold your breath on European football anytime soon. You goons will turn against him after a couple of lacklustre performances, I doubt he’ll last the season and you can bring Fat Frank back again :lolol:

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It is true and I can't believe Brighton fans have genuinely convinced themselves otherwise 😂
Well, we'll see how this develops shall we? He'll get bugger all play time and he'll
soon realise he's been conned. Why? Because you have owners and management who haven't a clue
what they're doing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, we'll see how this develops shall we? He'll get bugger all play time and he'll
soon realise he's been conned. Why? Because you have owners and management who haven't a clue
what they're doing.
Not actually signed for them yet has he? Take a minor hit on Caicedo, bung in Sanchez as a makeweight, and we'd have ourselves a Triple-A Grade investment in our defence for the next decade, or until it suits both parties to move on. Clearly we've won his heart. He bloomin' loves it here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here