[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good luck to him, I hope he gets the game time he wants.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Am I surprised he isn’t moving this window … not at all.

Am I surprised he has signed a new deal ? Massively.

For a player who apparently it was all about game time I think I’d have made sure I was getting it before I tied myself down to a contract that long.

I’m sure he has got a massive payrise, but I think I’d have waited a few months to make sure before I signed it.

This was an unusual situation, Chelsea had him by goolies, because he was on bugger all u18 pay. They could make him stay on that until June25 if vindictive needs be.

Signing a new contract was the only way he could get his hands on serious money, when all around him at all ages are millionaires or soon to be.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If I’m honest, I’m sure others will agree, I’m gutted not to get him.

I think we’ve seen the rise in social media in football and the influence it can have. Had it not been for Chelsea fans on social media being so passionate in not wanting to sell him I think Todd and his clowns would have accepted £40m.

Very interested to see what game time he gets. Can see either him or Badiashile on the market this time next year.
He played 17 times for us not really gutted at all., didn’t seem to have much recovery pace for a young lad. Looked ok when the rest of the team were purring struggled when we went under the cosh. Potential yes although I didn’t think it was worth £40m after only 17 indifferent PL appearances.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I always said we should have dumped him on a hillside in Weardale with nothing except a toothpick and a can of mackerel to get home with.
Too generous. The post did remind me of this though . . . . Which will be a magnet for @Harry Wilson's tackle

Up on a hill top, far from the city
Overlooking a stream
I heard a sound, it made me look round
I looked back where I had just been
There just behind a ledge
There was a man he leapt to and fro
Running away from the Bridge

Suddenly I heard a ringing singing
But he was nowhere to be seen

To be serious ( yes yes, I know) we bid more than enough, and it wasn't deemed enough . . . .we learn from that and move on.
I'm sure we've already got someone better.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
No doubt Winstanley is feeling smug with Colwill not coming to us and feel he has got the upper hand, but TB still has Moises and Sanchez in his back pocket to play. Wish Colwill all the best

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Top player with huge potential. Guessing we wouldn’t have been able to match the terms he’s about to sign at Chelsea and his England chances are sadly enhanced playing with one of the supposed ‘big boys’

Seems a good lad and wish him all the best, hope he gets a good reception when back at The Amex.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He was never coming though. It was never on the table since they very first said “he is not for sale”. The final confirmation was the Igor Julio signing. He’s a successful loan who has gone back to his parent club as planned, just like Ben White.

I posted about 50 pages ago he wasn’t coming and urged people to not get excited about the prospect.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still got his Amex buddies on his twitter profile!

Probably gone by the morning but we got the message Levi. Best of luck in your future career, hopefully you end up at a much nicer club at some point.

IMG_2998.jpeg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just seen the rumour,

Chelsea fans think they will be paying him £100,000 a week.

For 13 PL starts.

Madness.

Attachments

• IMG_5909.png
    IMG_5909.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 41

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I wish him luck. But now he's held out for the big money wages he's going to have to prove himself there. Any mistakes might not be so easily forgiven as if he'd come here or if he'd stayed there as a low wages player. When Chalobah first started playing in their defence they crowed about what a good player their youth team had produced, and now he's out in the cold. We all know how good LC was for us, but Chelsea have a different style so no guarantees.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unlike others on here, I don't wish him luck. Nothing personal, as he seems like a great lad, but I hope that he struggles in an unsettled Chelsea team and they finish mid-lower table again. I genuinely think that Colwill is going to find it much harder playing in the Chelsea defence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was great for us and I wish him all the best, but it's Chelsea. It could so easily go tits up for him, as a real lack of experience in the side means Thiago Silva will be a starter while French international Disasi hasn't arrived merely to warm the bench, and eventually Badiashile and Fofana will get fit.

No European football and with most of the 5 subs likely to be for attackers and midfielders then someone in defence is going to lose out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He played 17 times for us not really gutted at all., didn’t seem to have much recovery pace for a young lad. Looked ok when the rest of the team were purring struggled when we went under the cosh. Potential yes although I didn’t think it was worth £40m after only 17 indifferent PL appearances.
I agree with this. I thought he was okay but not sure what all the fuss is about. He has a lot of potential though.

It's funny what the internet does to folk. Chelsea fans crowing about how good he is and how we won't sign him.

Most of them will have barely seem him play. Yet they get swept up as if they know every attribute of his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports