[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The quantity and quality of talent produced by the Chelsea Academy is genuinely staggering. Kudos must go to Frank Lampard for being the first manager in many years to utilise it.

No doubt Levi would have had a fondness for Albion but at Chelsea Football Club he'll likely have the chance of regular Champions League football and a pathway to the England senior side. Not only that but this coming season he'll get to play alongside Thiago Silva - one of the greatest central defenders this millennium, what price can a young player put on such an experience?
This is funny.

Team bottom half of prem not in Europe next season can offer European football and route to england while a team in Europe next season where he learned so much from Dunk that he was asked to train with England.

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
Frank Lampard only used it because you had a transfer embargo and I have to say his efforts at being a PL manager have been f***ing hilarious :lolol:
He finished 4th in the league and got to a cup final during the embargo season. Are you saying that's a bad season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He finished 4th in the league and got to a cup final during the embargo season. Are you saying that's a bad season?
Fair comment, quality of players over manager I think? Remind me what he’s done since.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just a reminder to everyone he’s 19-20 that you’re basing his appearances on. Lewis Dunk was 23 when he started playing League One football regularly.
2 people liked this and that's crazy because it's factually ridiculous. For a start, when Dunk was 23 (in 2014/15 season) he was playing regularly and top scoring for us under Hyypia/Hughton. The previous two seasons were both in the Championship but he rarely played because of those in front of him but at 20 he was playing regularly in the Championship (11/12) under Gus until El-Abd got fit again. Dunk was never a regular in League 1 football.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Any chance of another season’s loan once he’s signed his new contract? Would we even want him once he has signed to Chelsea for another few years??
My first thought as well. I’ve said all along I think he’ll come on loan as part of the Caicedo deal and I still think that’s where we’ll end up.
Any chance of another season’s loan once he’s signed his new contract? Would we even want him once he has signed to Chelsea for another few years??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 people liked this and that's crazy because it's factually ridiculous. For a start, when Dunk was 23 (in 2014/15 season) he was playing regularly and top scoring for us under Hyypia/Hughton. The previous two seasons were both in the Championship but he rarely played because of those in front of him but at 20 he was playing regularly in the Championship (11/12) under Gus until El-Abd got fit again. Dunk was never a regular in League 1 football.
Ok my bad - but still, Colwill has achieved a lot more , a lot younger than Dunk at a much higher level. So writing off Colwill is a bit ridiculous

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
The quantity and quality of talent produced by the Chelsea Academy is genuinely staggering. Kudos must go to Frank Lampard for being the first manager in many years to utilise it.

No doubt Levi would have had a fondness for Albion but at Chelsea Football Club he'll likely have the chance of regular Champions League football and a pathway to the England senior side. Not only that but this coming season he'll get to play alongside Thiago Silva - one of the greatest central defenders this millennium, what price can a young player put on such an experience?
Lampard's fetish for the academy was both a blessing and a course, tbh

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ok my bad - but still, Colwill has achieved a lot more , a lot younger than Dunk at a much higher level. So writing off Colwill is a bit ridiculous
I do agree with that - Colwill's career to date is very encouraging and suggests a player of real talent and ability. Which we've seen over the last season! But we were never going to sign him on a permanent deal this summer, there wasn't a deal to be done. I'm sure the club hasn't wasted their team, as proven by the signing of Igor Julio - but people on this site certainly have done!

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
It wasn't a great when you take into account how many things fell his way. Lampard gets way too much credit for finishing 4th that season, and with context it wasn't that great

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
I hope you stay on this board.

You really are funny.

Edit; I apologise to anyone who feels I'm taking the piss out of a mentally challenged individual.
Thanks for thinking I'm funny, but mentally disturbed? Nah, just slightly unhinged

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He left a better club to go to Brighton and then left Brighton to go back to that club.
Oh come on. You’re not even the best team in Fulham!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I do agree with that - Colwill's career to date is very encouraging and suggests a player of real talent and ability. Which we've seen over the last season! But we were never going to sign him on a permanent deal this summer, there wasn't a deal to be done. I'm sure the club hasn't wasted their team, as proven by the signing of Igor Julio - but people on this site certainly have done!
Why not? Caicedo £90m + Sanchez £30m going in their direction, Colwill (humour them with, say £50m) plus a humungous chunk of money going in our direction. Both clubs need to think they've got the best end of the deal. And at this moment in time, maybe both would

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

About a hundred large a week.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It wasn't a great when you take into account how many things fell his way. Lampard gets way too much credit for finishing 4th that season, and with context it wasn't that great

Can't believe we have two Chelsea plastics arguing over Fat Frank on here...

Get rid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports