Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets hope these results don't keep papering over the cracks.

Jan 30, 2008
i thought about how brendan rogers has taken a year to get liverpool playing like he wants when i saw yesterday's score. I think oscar will need at least as long and a summer clear out with a few months of next season before we see a team that truly plays as he wants. He is making do at the moment and doing a fine job too, i may be blinkered but i have no time for all the negative over expectant fans on here and at the amex, just give the guy some time ffs and be grateful that we are still in with a shout of the playoffs.
yep, wer'e going to be the new Liverpool :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yep, wer'e going to be the new Liverpool :rolleyes:
regards
DR

No offence intended but your opinions (all negative) really don't interest me, and I don't believe that you could be so thick as to think that's what I meant :smile:

Jan 30, 2008
No offence intended but your opinions (all negative) really don't interest me, and I don't believe that you could be so thick as to think that's what I meant :smile:
icy i didn't go but i spoke to numerous people that did and they did say it wasn't that good, now if you're going to get all tetchy over my remark i say take a deep breath and relax :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Its so obvious we need to get 2 players up front...

This is possibly one of the most dullest teams to watch I have seen. once in 7 games at home have we have scored more than 2 goals and twice in the last 14 games total.

Keep pretending everything is ok by winning 1-0 and all will be fine...

:FFSPuncheon

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
icy i didn't go but i spoke to numerous people that did and they did say it wasn't that good, now if you're going to get all tetchy over my remark i say take a deep breath and relax :thumbsup:
regards
DR

You spoke to the wrong people then mate.

We put in more crosses today than any other game this season.

Great entertainment

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
regards
DR

Thing is I don't expect us to do anymore than be reasonably competitive at the moment, taking into account all that has gone on and with this being Oscar's first season in England. Are you really not encouraged that we have a few development players coming through and looking up to it? I love that Oscar is not afraid to use young players at the expense of the more experienced ones. It's gonna turn out well, we just have to be patient.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just glancing at one of the Doncaster message boards I spotted the following quote about the match from Oscar:

Brighton boss Oscar Garcia was relieved to pick up three points, particularly with some speculation on the south coast about his future at the club.
After the game, he said: "We started really well but when you (miss) a lot of chances you can lose your confidence. We kept playing well and creating chances and finally Leonardo Ulloa took his chance well. Speculation doesn't affect the players because they know I am with Brighton. They are not new to football. They know how it works, that managers can be sacked at any time. So I don't think they will spend any second of their lives thinking about it at all. The players are happy and they know we have a massive game on Tuesday."

I know there was some speculation earlier this week about the Swansea job but I didn't think it was anything more than a rumour. Now he's talking about the possibility of being sacked!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You're happy to pay north of 450 quid a season to watch that every week??
I'm sorry there a lot of people that aren't and won't renew if that is what's on offer.
Waits for the standard NSC line of "we can do without fans like that"
Sorry we can't. Didn't we post £15m losses? We need bums on seats and boring football will not get them I'm afraid.

Bingo!

Jan 30, 2008
Thing is I don't expect us to do anymore than be reasonably competitive at the moment, taking into account all that has gone on and with this being Oscar's first season in England. Are you really not encouraged that we have a few development players coming through and looking up to it? I love that Oscar is not afraid to use young players at the expense of the more experienced ones. It's gonna turn out well, we just have to be patient.
OF COURSE, SOMETIMES PEOPLE NEED A KICK UP THE ARSE SO TO SPEAK , THAT OLD PATIENT CLICHE, i've heard that somewhere else ???
regards
DR

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I think people take far too much notice of what the press say, they do have a habit of twisting words. OG seems to have a good sense of the problems he has with the team and I don't expect to see his own real team till next season

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I thought about how Brendan Rogers has taken a year to get Liverpool playing like he wants when I saw yesterday's score. I think Oscar will need at least as long and a summer clear out with a few months of next season before we see a team that truly plays as he wants. He is making do at the moment and doing a fine job too, I may be blinkered but I have no time for all the negative over expectant fans on here and at the Amex, just give the guy some time FFS and be grateful that we are still in with a shout of the playoffs.

We are looking at the long term here and we are not going to be setting the division alight for a while yet.

Everything you say may be true but in many ways OG has a much more difficult task than Brendan Rogers - he has to build a team around the way he wants to play but at the same time he has to hold on to a large fan base - the majority of which is made up of fans that have been regularly supporting the club for less than three seasons - the first two of which showed constant improvement.

He appears to be carrying out the first part but at the same time only those wearing rose tinted glasses can really say he is succeeding in the second.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Everything you say may be true but in many ways OG has a much more difficult task than Brendan Rogers - he has to build a team around the way he wants to play but at the same time he has to hold on to a large fan base - the majority of which is made up of fans that have been regularly supporting the club for less than three seasons - the first two of which showed constant improvement.

He appears to be carrying out the first part but at the same time only those wearing rose tinted glasses can really say he is succeeding in the second.

If he can build the team whilst losing a few fans, which may well happen I agree, then so be it. I can absolutely guarantee that all the drift away fans will be back as soon as we are winning regularly and up near the top of the table. It was ever thus with Albion fans.

What are the alternatives? We cannot guarantee a winning team at the moment and due to FFP I doubt many realistic managers could do better. Gus threw in the towel whilst spitting his dummy at the end of last season because of FFP. Whoever was manager we would be losing fans at the end of this season IMO.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must admit I am old fashioned enough to prefer a front two but surely anyone could see yesterday how a 4-3-3 with the right players in the support roles can not only work but can provide genuinely good and watchable football. I am a massive Ashley Barnes fan but yesterday I thought Spanish Rod got nearer and actually supported Leo than Ash ever did. The reason? Genuine pace.
March is coming on and looked to be potentially able to get up there too although I would still start with Kaz because he has more raw aggression in his play.
As we develop the team - and can I give a special mention to Orlandi who I thought played like someone with a real footballing brain - I'm happy that the lone striker might just work for us IF we can learn to be more clinical in our finishing. A few times when keeping the pace going in the final third could have hurt them, we were guilty of putting our foot on the ball. You cant do that if you aspire to playing anything like "the Barcelona way".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good post :thumbsup:
If he can build the team whilst losing a few fans, which may well happen I agree, then so be it. I can absolutely guarantee that all the drift away fans will be back as soon as we are winning regularly and up near the top of the table. It was ever thus with Albion fans.

What are the alternatives? We cannot guarantee a winning team at the moment and due to FFP I doubt many realistic managers could do better. Gus threw in the towel whilst spitting his dummy at the end of last season because of FFP. Whoever was manager we would be losing fans at the end of this season IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's professional sport.
It's not supposed to be easy.
Every match should be a situation where you work as hard as possible to win.
Winning in professional sport isn't easy.
99.9% of posters on here are failed professional sportsmen/women.
You get what you pay for.
Remember watching professional sport is not your job.

Please enjoy watching Brighton & Hove Albion Fooball Club.

Two issues

1) 99.9% of us are failed professional sportsmen/women? Nonsense. I'd say at least 80% of us have never even seriously considered a career in professional sports.

2) Winning in professional sports isn't easy. - No, it's not, but your chances of winning are increased if you don't think "well, I won that match, everything must be rosy", or thinking "that was amazing, it would have been ok if we lost because of all these things, but we won, so great" because that is a pretty defeatist attitude to have. What improves your chances of success is to look at the battles you win and think "where can we improve, what happened in this game that against different/better opponents (and there are plenty of better opponents on the horizon) would have cost us? Why did we have so much pressure but found it so hard to get that goal? How can we improve on that so when we face those better opponents and have fewer opportunities, we can still get something"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here