Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Let's all pray for Gaston Ramirez

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Dale Stephens is not young and impetuous - he's 26 and played over 200 games, most at this level. He's older than Ramirez, played considerably more games than Ramirez and unlike Ramirez has never been given a red card before.

Stephens may have been "worked up beforehand", but let's be clear: it was not in isolation. It was very much a two way shoving thing with Ramirez. I've seen Stephens play a lot of games for us and I can't recall him ever getting involved like that before. I can't recall from being there what set them off - I'd be interested to know from someone watching on TV. I'd be amazed if Stephens was the instigator.

Fair point. But he's young in my eyes. I'm frigging 62. I'm only on here because my wife is away for the weekend, and I'm bored. But I take your point. I wonder what was going on.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Dale Stephens is not young and impetuous - he's 26 and played over 200 games, most at this level. He's older than Ramirez, played considerably more games than Ramirez and unlike Ramirez has never been given a red card before.

Stephens may have been "worked up beforehand", but let's be clear: it was not in isolation. It was very much a two way shoving thing with Ramirez. I've seen Stephens play a lot of games for us and I can't recall him ever getting involved like that before. I can't recall from being there what set them off - I'd be interested to know from someone watching on TV. I'd be amazed if Stephens was the instigator.

Ramirez made a meal of a tackle by kayal, Stephens told him to get up and looked like he was having a go at him for trying to get kayal booked

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ramirez made a meal of a tackle by kayal, Stephens told him to get up and looked like he was having a go at him for trying to get kayal booked

I suspected it was something like that, but didn't want to guess. As I say: we've had Stephens for a fair while now and he just never gets involved in this sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here