Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Let's all pray for Gaston Ramirez

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Yer daft, you lot. Talk about sour grapes! Although I'm a Boro supporter, I hope Brighton make it to the premier league, in spite of the spiteful comments made by some of the club's supporters. I emphasise the word "some". A small minority who really don't bring much credit to the Brighton fan-base. Most of them seem to be on this thread....

Brighton have played some great football this year. They can get through the play-offs. If they don't, it will be a travesty. But it would not be Ramirez's fault!!!!! Just stop moaning and being spiteful. Have a bit more grace......and good luck on Friday.

When you get denied promotion by an awful refereeing decision which has a bleeding effect into the play offs, then you can know how it feels. It's not spite, it's righteous anger at a gross injustice. Piss off

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
When you get denied promotion by an awful refereeing decision which has a bleeding effect into the play offs, then you can know how it feels. It's not spite, it's righteous anger at a gross injustice. Piss off

Well, I have to reply to Sam's comment. I've seen your posts on other threads on this forum. Either you are incredibly angry about yesterday, or you are habitually a foul-mouthed aggressive individual, in which case not many people in Falmouth can like you. I hope it's just your anger about yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok. Carry on eating yourselves up. I'm not gloating or being patronising. I've watched Brighton a few times this season. They've played some great football. Unlike Burnley. i can't understand how on earth Burnley are where they are. It should have been Boro and Brighton. Good luck on Friday. I'm not posting anything else on here. Bye.

You haven't logged out yet. Shut the door on your way out.

This is a Brighton board for Brighton fans to discuss our opinions. We're not eating ourselves up. Some posts are sarcastic, some are witty and some just having a good old moan. That's our perogative.
Don't come on here moaning about how we conduct ourselves on our own board.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Well, I have to reply to Sam's comment. I've seen your posts on other threads on this forum. Either you are incredibly angry about yesterday, or you are habitually a foul-mouthed aggressive individual, in which case not many people in Falmouth can like you. I hope it's just your anger about yesterday.

Yes and none of what you have said changes anything about yesterday. Do one.

I am allowed to be pissed off at being cheated promotion on MY OWN TEAM'S message board. Get a life

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Yes and none of what you have said changes anything about yesterday. Do one.

I am allowed to be pissed off at being cheated promotion on MY OWN TEAM'S message board. Get a life

Ok. But there's no need to be abusive. I saw what you said to another Boro supporter, who, as I remember, wasn't being particularly controversial. I understand your anger. I'm not sure it was a red card offence, and I hope Brighton win the appeal. But there's no way anyone can say Brighton would have certainly won if Stephens had stayed on. Good luck on Friday.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ok. But there's no need to be abusive. I saw what you said to another Boro supporter, who, as I remember, wasn't being particularly controversial. I understand your anger. I'm not sure it was a red card offence, and I hope Brighton win the appeal. But there's no way anyone can say Brighton would have certainly won if Stephens had stayed on. Good luck on Friday.

We would have won.

I don't care, Boro fans 'coming in peace' after we've just been cheated? Get lost

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Think to say "certainly" is a bit much but face the tide had well and truly turned, Boro were a different side after the break.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I lit a candle for Gaston this morning at mass. Losing your leg because you are such a spastic is, indeed, a tragedy. I hope the evil thought that I had about him getting necrotising fasciitis doesn't condemn me to heck.

I thought it was called purgatory.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Think to say "certainly" is a bit much but face the tide had well and truly turned, Boro were a different side after the break.

Yes. I agree. It was very close in the second half. But I think the Boro defence did a very good job in muzzling Knockaert, who is a fantastic player. I'm not sure Sheffield Wed will be able to control him, though.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

I think tempers are running a little high. It's clear to me that you came to this forum with the best of intentions, but I think it's clear that many people here are still very, very raw about what we perceive as an injustice in terms of the referee's decision. Our anger and vitriol aren't necessarily aimed at you personally, but at the situation more generally.

I think timing here is key. Your good wishes would be very well received in a couple of days, but we need the space to get over disappointment of having our automatic promotion hopes dashed - and the role that the referee's decision *may* have contributed in that regard.

For what it's worth, my experience of most Boro fans before the match was very, very positive. There was absolutely no hostility in the build up to the match and there seemed to be genuine mutual respect between the two sets of supporters as to what each other had achieved. I think that probably still holds, and I would certainly include you in that group of supporters that I refer to, svewa54. There were a few numpties on the pitch goading us after the final whistle, but I think that's true of all football clubs everywhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As I've said on here. If Boro fans think it's good form to abuse a Dad (me) walking through town hand-in-hand with a 6 year old lad (as well as his partner and 13-y-o- daughter) I really don't give a **** what Albion fans say to Boro fans who come on here over the following days. Your case has also not been helped by your peers joining up here to gloat and trot out homophobic abuse.

I don't think (m)any Albion fans have much of a beef with Boro fans nor their team. The fans were loud and proud and the team are clearly very good. What we have an issue with is being denied the opportunity to have a fair crack at you by an appalling refereeing decision.

Now, I understand that pretty much every Boro fan thinks Stephens all but committed murder on Ramirez and in the absence of capital punishment in the UK, a red card will have to do. But when every Albion fan I know, even those I know best able to detach themselves from Albion bias, think it was not a red card that tells me something.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
I think tempers are running a little high. It's clear to me that you came to this forum with the best of intentions, but I think it's clear that many people here are still very, very raw about what we perceive as an injustice in terms of the referee's decision. Our anger and vitriol aren't necessarily aimed at you personally, but at the situation more generally.

I think timing here is key. Your good wishes would be very well received in a couple of days, but we need the space to get over disappointment of having our automatic promotion hopes dashed - and the role that the referee's decision *may* have contributed in that regard.

For what it's worth, my experience of most Boro fans before the match was very, very positive. There was absolutely no hostility in the build up to the match and there seemed to be genuine mutual respect between the two sets of supporters as to what each other had achieved. I think that probably still holds, and I would certainly include you in that group of supporters that I refer to, svewa54. There were a few numpties on the pitch goading us after the final whistle, but I think that's true of all football clubs everywhere.

You're probably right, Seagullcrow. Maybe I shouldn't be on here at the moment. But it's difficult to get off, once people start responding. But that's of no consequence. In spite of the abuse I've taken on this thread, I do hope Brighton make it. They lit up the championship this year. I think I'm repeating myself, and maybe need to go away. I'm glad, though, that you had some good experiences with Boro fans. They're salt of the earth. I miss them. I've been exiled down in the South-West for the past 40 years.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
As I've said on here. If Boro fans think it's good form to abuse a Dad (me) walking through town hand-in-hand with a 6 year old lad (as well as his partner and 13-y-o- daughter) I really don't give a **** what Albion fans say to Boro fans who come on here over the following days. Your case has also not been helped by your peers joining up here to gloat and trot out homophobic abuse.

I don't think (m)any Albion fans have much of a beef with Boro fans nor their team. The fans were loud and proud and the team are clearly very good. What we have an issue with is being denied the opportunity to have a fair crack at you by an appalling refereeing decision.

Now, I understand that pretty much every Boro fan thinks Stephens all but committed murder on Ramirez and in the absence of capital punishment in the UK, a red card will have to do. But when every Albion fan I know, even those I know best able to detach themselves from Albion bias, think it was not a red card that tells me something.

I'm sorry about the abuse you experienced. That's disgusting.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
walking through town hand-in-hand with a 6 year old lad (as well as his partner and 13-y-o- daughter)

Christ, a 6yr old with a partner who's got a 13yr old daughter, that kids some player. Does he have a pencilled on moustache?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Over it all now fella. Good luck to Boro and give our best to Gashton. We'll just have to take our frustrations out on Sheffield Wed:lolol:

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
I'm sorry about the abuse you experienced. That's disgusting.

I don't think it was a red card offence, but Stephens was getting worked up beforehand. He's young, and he's impetuous. He needs to control that side of his game. Hopefully the appeal will be successful. If it isn't, Brighton must not be put off. Surely they've got the resources to beat Wednesday....mind you, it would be good to see Wednesday back in the premiership. Sleeping giant. Brighton this year, Wednesday and Derby next.....oh and Newcastle or Sunderland.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Over it all now fella. Good luck to Boro and give our best to Gashton. We'll just have to take our frustrations out on Sheffield Wed:lolol:

Gashton. I like it! They just need to take it easy against Wednesday. Did I read somewhere that you've only got a 2000 ticket allocation? That's insane. But it's a 2-leg affair, isn't it? So for the second leg, Brighton can allocate 5 tickets to Wednesday...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think it was a red card offence, but Stephens was getting worked up beforehand. He's young, and he's impetuous. He needs to control that side of his game. Hopefully the appeal will be successful. If it isn't, Brighton must not be put off. Surely they've got the resources to beat Wednesday....mind you, it would be good to see Wednesday back in the premiership. Sleeping giant. Brighton this year, Wednesday and Derby next.....oh and Newcastle or Sunderland.

Dale Stephens is not young and impetuous - he's 26 and played over 200 games, most at this level. He's older than Ramirez, played considerably more games than Ramirez and unlike Ramirez has never been given a red card before.

Stephens may have been "worked up beforehand", but let's be clear: it was not in isolation. It was very much a two way shoving thing with Ramirez. I've seen Stephens play a lot of games for us and I can't recall him ever getting involved like that before. I can't recall from being there what set them off - I'd be interested to know from someone watching on TV. I'd be amazed if Stephens was the instigator.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here