Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets all laugh at Liverpool :)

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Goring Gull & Martyn 20 are either Chelski or Manure fans, with a passing interest in their second and local club ... the Albion.

Weird thread.

I am a Brighton fan and people have not read all of my posts in this thread, please check my post above as it explains what I was saying. My view is Brighton will do well this year and Liverpool will do badly, I have opinions on many clubs but these were the ones being discussed. I am insulted you think I could be a Chelski fan by the way

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Did you read any of my other posts in this thread? I original said that this season Brighton could go up and Liverpool could go down, when I was challenged as being ridiculous I said well last season Brighton were in the top half (I was not saying at beginning, end, after any number of games but at some point in the season Brighton were in the top half) and Liverpool were in the bottom half (I was not saying at beginning, end, after any number of games but at some point in the season Liverpool were in the bottom half). My mistake was not realising how long Daglish had been there so it was the year before they hit the bottom half.
I am not comparing Brighton with Liverpool, my point is a Brighton are one of the promotion prospects and Liverpool are one of the regulation prospects, I feel they have made an error with their manager and will really struggle.

Come on ... come clean:

Do you have a little bit of a soft spot i.e. your main club is an adversary of Liverpool's?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What a ridiculous thread. Liverpool will not be relegated, they have far, far too much money to let that happen. Villa on the other hand.....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
It wouldn't suprise me if Liverpool are still near the bottom of the table in a couple of weeks time as they have some tough games at Anfield: Man City, Arsenal then Man United are the next 3 teams to visit. But to even suggest that they will go down is madness.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It wouldn't suprise me if Liverpool are still near the bottom of the table in a couple of weeks time as they have some tough games at Anfield: Man City, Arsenal then Man United are the next 3 teams to visit. But to even suggest that they will go down is madness.

No, our resident expert has them down as 'regulation' candidates come the end of the season.

I too suspect an allegiance to a club along the M62-either that or he's just plain stupid.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Brighton are a growing force in English football, Liverpool are a dying rose in English football

I think we might pass each other in May. Liverpool have made a terrible mistake in their treatment of the current England Manager and their current choice of manager, I see a long uncomfortable downwards journey for them this season.

For me the problem with Liverpool is their arrogance, last season shown by Dalglish on several occasions and the whole club over the Suarez incident. They make it hard for people to like them at times.

With only one match played this season anything is possible, we were at the top end of the Championship last season and Liverpool were in the bottom end of the Premiership last season so...................
(It may well be the prozac I take though aswell):blush:

Did you read any of my other posts in this thread? I original said that this season Brighton could go up and Liverpool could go down, when I was challenged as being ridiculous I said well last season Brighton were in the top half (I was not saying at beginning, end, after any number of games but at some point in the season Brighton were in the top half) and Liverpool were in the bottom half (I was not saying at beginning, end, after any number of games but at some point in the season Liverpool were in the bottom half). My mistake was not realising how long Daglish had been there so it was the year before they hit the bottom half.
I am not comparing Brighton with Liverpool, my point is a Brighton are one of the promotion prospects and Liverpool are one of the regulation prospects, I feel they have made an error with their manager and will really struggle.

please read all my posts in this thread, it's clear what my point is if you just read them all.

I just posted my opinion of a club in trouble. How does that make me 'our resident expert'?

It's clear what your point is in this thread-talking out of your backside sums it up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that they were very unlucky to concede the penalties as I think both were very debatable especially the 2nd when the WBA player ran across the Liverpool player and went over. I am sure that Brendan Rogers will be successful with them.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Sorry everyone, I wasn't claiming to be an expert on any subject I just comment on a thread someone else started. It was just an opinion and nothing more. I only support one team and you can believe that or not it's up to you.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sorry everyone, I wasn't claiming to be an expert on any subject I just comment on a thread someone else started. It was just an opinion and nothing more. I only support one team and you can believe that or not it's up to you.

Don't bit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just posted my opinion of a club in trouble. How does that make me 'our resident expert'?

You know very little about the club you are commenting on if you think that they are currently in trouble. The main trouble has passed, the trouble of going out of business and being sucked dry b a couple of parasites (sound familiar?). What you are seeing is the attempts to rebuild themselves back to a team in Europe and challenging for the title. Something which their fans (arrogantly apparently) desire and expect as the most successful team in English football.

To me employing Rogers was going to be a long term project to reinvent the club and it's style of play, there were always going to be some bumps along the way. Are the going to get relegated? It's not very likely is it? Are they going to get a champions league place? that's not very likely either despite what their fans think. Still as long as someone is getting a laugh from it.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
You know very little about the club you are commenting on if you think that they are currently in trouble. The main trouble has passed, the trouble of going out of business and being sucked dry b a couple of parasites (sound familiar?). What you are seeing is the attempts to rebuild themselves back to a team in Europe and challenging for the title. Something which their fans (arrogantly apparently) desire and expect as the most successful team in English football.

To me employing Rogers was going to be a long term project to reinvent the club and it's style of play, there were always going to be some bumps along the way. Are the going to get relegated? It's not very likely is it? Are they going to get a champions league place? that's not very likely either despite what their fans think. Still as long as someone is getting a laugh from it.

And of course the laugh comment was not from me.
I do not know a lot about the club you are right, I can only comment on what I have seen recently. Hodgson was treated pretty badly I thought, they didn't give him time to build even though that is what he has proved best at several times before. If Hodgson was removed so quickly why do you think the club will treat Brendan Rodgers differently, he does not have Roy's experience at this level does he?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And of course the laugh comment was not from me.
I do not know a lot about the club you are right, I can only comment on what I have seen recently. Hodgson was treated pretty badly I thought, they didn't give him time to build even though that is what he has proved best at several times before. If Hodgson was removed so quickly why do you think the club will treat Brendan Rodgers differently, he does not have Roy's experience at this level does he?

Yeah sorry the laugh comment was not from you. I think it is a shame that some people are taking so much pleasure from the demise of one of our great clubs (accepting that if this was happening to United i would be loving it! Fickle football fans, never!).

Yeah Roy was treated appallingly and I am not sure that Rogers will get the time he needs to be honest. But the club have given him a lot of license to impose his style on the club, I believe that was one of his main criteria before he accepted the job. He has got rid of a lot of big name players and has been given license to move Carroll on which given his price tag says quite a lot for the backing he is getting from the club. Although I suspect that they won't put up with too many results like Saturday's I think they will treat Rogers better than the treated Roy.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Yeah sorry the laugh comment was not from you. I think it is a shame that some people are taking so much pleasure from the demise of one of our great clubs (accepting that if this was happening to United i would be loving it! Fickle football fans, never!).

Yeah Roy was treated appallingly and I am not sure that Rogers will get the time he needs to be honest. But the club have given him a lot of license to impose his style on the club, I believe that was one of his main criteria before he accepted the job. He has got rid of a lot of big name players and has been given license to move Carroll on which given his price tag says quite a lot for the backing he is getting from the club. Although I suspect that they won't put up with too many results like Saturday's I think they will treat Rogers better than the treated Roy.

I hope so, I've always been a fan of Hodgson's so thought it was great when he travelled to Liverpool. I take no enjoyment in seeing any club struggle, my point was Liverpool have struggled the last 2 seasons and I am not sure Rodgers is the right man to pull them back to the top. This might make you laugh even more but I thought Benitez was the man to do it but they went in a different direction, we shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here