Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets all laugh at Liverpool :)

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
United were able to dominate during that period partly because Liverpool were going though their own transitional period...............

Hell of a long transitional period for you Liverpool fans.................

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Surely Liverpool will always be struggling financially against United, Chelsea and Man City particularly until they can redevelop or relocate from their undersized disgrace of a stadium. Towards the back of the Anfield Lower during our cup match there the other year, you could barely see the Kop end goal for example.

They have a very good manager and strike force but in my opinion not the financial clout to sustain a serious challenge against the big boys year in, year out.

The fact that Liverpool's gate revenue is around half of United's is not the most relevant issue. Revenue from TV, Champions League, merchandise, Asian pre-season tours etc have all added to the might of United's supposed wealth but that in itself is insignificant compared to City and Chelsea.

Admittedly if the Premier League version of FFP really takes hold then United will be dominating again soon

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think for Liverpool to compete long term again with the big boys, Anfield has to be expanded or a new ground to be built. There was talk of a ground share with Everton like Inter and AC Milan. As for knocking Man Utd of there perch sounding rediculous, they have won 2 more European cups and have won the league 18 times, just 2 less than Man utd despite not having won the league in ages, and despite Man Utd being able to fit 30,000+ more people in the stadium nower days and other greater finances. Lverpool have been a joy to watch this season at times, so i hope they win it this season. It would be totally unexpected after where they have finished in the last few seasons.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if anyone can get time to watch the series . being liverpool.,worth every minute,could see the passion then,will go on to manage one of the even bigger clubs if not acheiving it with liverpool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here