Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Murray had a Weston-super tonight. That chance at the start of the second half was Tiltman esque and the one at the end should have been on target at least. Murray isn't there to run the channels or apply pressure to defenders on the ball he really is there to score goals when the chances presents themselves. He didn't today and he cost us tonight.I also thought Locadia was dreadful tonight when he came on. Propper was our MOM by some distance.

We were done for pace today. Both goals were a result of it and we were almost caught out on several more occasions. On the other hand, I've seen post office queues move more quickly than us tonight at times. If we want to improve in the PL, we need to break quicker and cope with it better against us. Saturday really is a must win.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Murray had a Weston-super tonight. That chance at the start of the second half was Tiltman esque and the one at the end should have been on target at least. Murray isn't there to run the channels or apply pressure to defenders on the ball he really is there to score goals when the chances presents themselves. He didn't today and he cost us tonight.I also thought Locadia was dreadful tonight when he came on. Propper was our MOM by some distance.

We were done for pace today. Both goals were a result of it and we were almost caught out on several more occasions. On the other hand, I've seen post office queues more quickly than us tonight at times. If we want to improve in the PL, we need to break quicker and cope with it better against us. Saturday really is a must win.

The blame for being done for pace falls at the managers feet. Poor team selection. Criminal that they have so much pace on the break and we started with zero pace through the middle. Everyone called it as soon as the team was announced, too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Evenly matched sporting contests are often decided on a bit of fortune. Leicester were by far the better side by all accounts on Saturday, but couldn't finish their chances. Today, they had far fewer chances but converted both.

You don't deserve luck or fortune, but sometimes you do just need that deflection, or flick or whatever else to go your way. Every game we are on an even footing, so rare we're going to play someone off the park, and not unusual that when we do pick up points, things will have gone our way a bit.

Long way to go yet before you start chucking the towel in. You might have, but I'm genuinely looking forward to Saturday already.

Hmmm, glad you’re still enjoying our performances. You must be one of the few who are. What I’m struggling to understand is how you can and also be so confident we’ll avoid the drop? Everything suggests otherwise. That’s not being negative, just empirical. I’m all for a bit of blind optimism but 2 points this year, a handful of consolation goals, the PLs worst away record are, just for starters, facts that suggest those of us who can see us snatching 18th position are closer to reality than perhaps those that don’t.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

We were done for pace today. Both goals were a result of it and we were almost caught out on several more occasions. On the other hand, I've seen post office queues move more quickly than us tonight at times. If we want to improve in the PL, we need to break quicker and cope with it better against us. Saturday really is a must win.

We are so easy to play against at the moment. Play a high line and teams know we won't have the pace to get in behind very often.

In the first half of the season Murray was taking his chances and therefore we did well. In the last couple of months he has been very very poor and seems to be missing the one thing he is there for, to put in poachers chances. I think we deserved a point tonight but we were so pedestrian at times, didn't look as fit as Leicester and just didn't seem to want it enough.

Leicester looked really poor defensively but on the counter we were exposed every time and did well not to concede more.

Propper was indeed excellent, a real cut above and Bissouma gave us some threat and pace when he came on. AK worked hard and on another night would have got his goal.

Chris needs to change his starting team against Huddersfield. Time for playing it safe is rapidly running out.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You were wrong last xmas and you're wrong now. I'll give you 5/1 for relegation. Put up or shut up.

Eh? Last Xmas was less than 3 months ago and plenty of fans including me thought the gap between relegation places and where we found ourselves was perhaps a tad fortunate given our performances. If anything, we’ve been proved right given our position in the table tonight. Not my fault I pay attention to the nature of our performances as well as the result. Oh and a few givens such as our appalling away form.

On that matter, and I’m not saying this about you, I don’t know why so many fans get pissed off with other fans stating the bleedin obvious such as away game = defeat? You really haven’t been paying attention if you expected anything else. Look at the last two seasons. We’re an absolute shoe in to lose if the fixture is away from home. All the pre match hope, post match platitudes of playing well, nearly scoring etc are irrelevant. Fact is we stink away from home and have done for a very long time. If you’re a fan who can’t accept that basic truth then go away and sort yourself out. But don’t have a pop at those of us who are of sound mind and can grasp the reality.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are so easy to play against at the moment. Play a high line and teams know we won't have the pace to get in behind very often.

In the first half of the season Murray was taking his chances and therefore we did well. In the last couple of months he has been very very poor and seems to be missing the one thing he is there for, to put in poachers chances. I think we deserved a point tonight but we were so pedestrian at times, didn't look as fit as Leicester and just didn't seem to want it enough.

Leicester looked really poor defensively but on the counter we were exposed every time and did well not to concede more.

Propper was indeed excellent, a real cut above and Bissouma gave us some threat and pace when he came on. AK worked hard and on another night would have got his goal.

Chris needs to change his starting team against Huddersfield. Time for playing it safe is rapidly running out.

I’m not wishing to pick a fight here but haven’t we heard / said this all before? Many times? Fact is Chris WON’T change things, it doesn’t matter how many ‘other’ nights Knocky (and others) have, they just don’t go in (suggesting it’s more than unlucky) etc etc. In which case, isn’t it somewhat delusional to expect things to turn out differently given the ingredients are always the same?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I’m not wishing to pick a fight here but haven’t we heard / said this all before? Many times? Fact is Chris WON’T change things, it doesn’t matter how many ‘other’ nights Knocky (and others) have, they just don’t go in (suggesting it’s more than unlucky) etc etc. In which case, isn’t it somewhat delusional to expect things to turn out differently given the ingredients are always the same?

No fights necessary as in part I agree with you, hence my suggestion that some of the ingredients need to change. The fact that Chris may or may not make such changes is irrelevant. This is a message board where people exchange their views on what they believe should happen. What I think will actually happen is that we will be beaten at the weekend and we will be in genuine danger of being relegated, however I hope that I am wrong on both counts. Is Chris the best manager I have seen in my 25 years of supporting the club, probably. Is he the man to take us to the next level, in my opinion probably not and that pains me to say as I think he is one of the most classy, genuine and respectful men in football and it will be a crying shame if he can't adapt his own tactics to what we need moving forwards.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Just back.
Ignoring the first 15 mins, we didn't play badly and I think a point would have been fair. Some good individual performances - D&D as usual, Propper ran the show in midfield and Knockaert showed us why he should be starting. See also Bissouma
Onto the negatives - soppy defending for the first goal although tbf was an excellent ball and they're a very pacey side. Murray clearly rushed back when unfit. Our fullbacks suck big time - Montoya really struggles against decent wingers and Demarai Grey had a field day against March and Bong. Atmosphere was pony too apart from when we got one back.

Last edited:

Harry Maguire went on the run of his life tonight. He'll never go on another run like that in his career!! (Until he plays us again next season perhaps)

Yeah sort of reminded me of Izzys run last season 3/4 of the pitch but he was on his own and blew the shot.

And our last 2 games are against Arsenal and Manchester City.
Makes for a great last day of the season.
We get to see Citeh lift the Premier League trophy whilst will get relegated...

Nah...PMA - We go to CIteeh final day needing a point to stay up and prevent them winning the title - that would be sweet (though prefer not to need a point on the final day !)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we go down (we won't) Hughton would be the man to get us back up.

What is crucial is what the recruitment team do this summer. Last year we bought players to fill out the squad, to give us viable cover in all positions. What we didn't do (whether intentionally or not) was buy players to improve the team. One or two of them may eventually do so, but they haven't done yet, which is why most of the time they are on the bench - at best - even when fit.

This summer, we need one or two players who are better than anybody we've already got, who will be first names on the team sheet week in, week out. That's what we failed to do last summer (and last January, when Locadia came in, and who is looking more and more like a panic buy). If the recruitment team deliver, then we'll need to watch and see what CH can deliver. If they don't, then next season will be the same as this, a struggle. And even in that scenario, CH is probably the best bet to drag us over the line.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If we go down (we won't) Hughton would be the man to get us back up.

What is crucial is what the recruitment team do this summer. Last year we bought players to fill out the squad, to give us viable cover in all positions. What we didn't do (whether intentionally or not) was buy players to improve the team. One or two of them may eventually do so, but they haven't done yet, which is why most of the time they are on the bench - at best - even when fit.

This summer, we need one or two players who are better than anybody we've already got, who will be first names on the team sheet week in, week out. That's what we failed to do last summer (and last January, when Locadia came in, and who is looking more and more like a panic buy). If the recruitment team deliver, then we'll need to watch and see what CH can deliver. If they don't, then next season will be the same as this, a struggle. And even in that scenario, CH is probably the best bet to drag us over the line.

For this to happen we will
Have to smash our wage structure. Don’t won’t to pay players £60,000 a week or £100,000 but most others are palace and bmuff may have no choice pay up or get relegated . “CH probably best man todrag us over the line “ . Please god no he’s had his chance lose saturdsy deserves to b sacked !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For this to happen we will
Have to smash our wage structure. Don’t won’t to pay players £60,000 a week or £100,000 but most others are palace and bmuff may have no choice pay up or get relegated . “CH probably best man todrag us over the line “ . Please god no he’s had his chance lose saturdsy deserves to b sacked !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dont have to smash the wage structure, you need better scouting.

There has been some very good signings, also some utter rubbish.

Bournemouth do spend money yes, but the signings like Brooks only cost 11 million and its unlikely he is on 60k a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here