Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For this to happen we will
Have to smash our wage structure. Don’t won’t to pay players £60,000 a week or £100,000 but most others are palace and bmuff may have no choice pay up or get relegated . “CH probably best man todrag us over the line “ . Please god no he’s had his chance lose saturdsy deserves to b sacked !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't blame CH if the club isn't willing to move beyond a certain wage structure. For Palace and Bournemouth it isn't so much 'no choice - pay up or be relegated' as a conscious choice to invest in transfer fees and player wages over infrastructure. The way Premier League finances work, that's a valid approach and one which looks as though it will be successful for both clubs this season. We have chosen to look for bargains abroad rather than investing in Premier-League-ready players and we are at risk of relegation.

Now you could say that our infrastructure will make it easier for us to maintain revenues and attract players if we go down. Bournemouth and Palace, meanwhile, have taken the view that it's better not to go down at all and keep getting Premier League cash.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not having Bong blamed for the first goal. Propper stopped in his tracks letting the defender go past him !

Yup.. I thought similar. it seemed that Dunk and Propper didnt communicate and both blocked the ball rather than marked the man..

Thought it was Dunk's fault. From that position it's Propper's job to go to the ball and Dunk to go with the runner, you can see Propper pointing a Grey telling Dunk to go with him but Dunk got sucked to the ball.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Whats "gone on there" is that within about 3 years of its inception, we won promotion to the Premier League. Now that not ALL down to the training ground obviously, but it certainly helps. You seem to be equating a poor run of form to our players wasting their time there, or doing something "wrong" at the training ground when thats patently bobbins. We've played well at times, we've played poorly at times, we've had some bad luck, we've come up against keepers having worldy's, we've had some shite decisions go against us, and we've had some inexpllicably shocking finishing. In other words, all the usual flim-flam that contributes to a bad run during the course of a season - IT HAPPENS. Whats the training ground got to do with it ?

Your comments about Bissouma are ridiculous. Of course he can be coached, and he quite obviously IS being coached. But you're expecting to see the finished article after he's come over from having played a couple of seasons in France, been here 6-7 months, and played less than 20 games in the Premier League. Give the lad a chance ffs.
A couple of keepers have made decent saves nothing out of the top draw department. All our shots have been to close to keepers.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You can't blame CH if the club isn't willing to move beyond a certain wage structure. For Palace and Bournemouth it isn't so much 'no choice - pay up or be relegated' as a conscious choice to invest in transfer fees and player wages over infrastructure. The way Premier League finances work, that's a valid approach and one which looks as though it will be successful for both clubs this season. We have chosen to look for bargains abroad rather than investing in Premier-League-ready players and we are at risk of relegation.

Now you could say that our infrastructure will make it easier for us to maintain revenues and attract players if we go down. Bournemouth and Palace, meanwhile, have taken the view that it's better not to go down at all and keep getting Premier League cash.

Bargains u say yep u get what U pay for locadia £14mill lol bargain !
AJ £17 mill never gets on but can play in the Asia cup so strange fingers crossed for Saturday but I’m sure we will all know by 2.01pm when that team is announced

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A couple of keepers have made decent saves nothing out of the top draw department. All our shots have been to close to keepers.

Such bloody ordinary run of the mill 'decent' saves that got the GK the man of the match award, eh? Yeh right, your grannie could have saved 'em......................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
AJ £17 mill never gets on but can play in the Asia cup so strange fingers crossed for Saturday but I’m sure we will all know by 2.01pm when that team is announced
He said we chose to look for bargains abroad - nothing about finding them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Whats "gone on there" is that within about 3 years of its inception, we won promotion to the Premier League. Now that not ALL down to the training ground obviously, but it certainly helps. You seem to be equating a poor run of form to our players wasting their time there, or doing something "wrong" at the training ground when thats patently bobbins. We've played well at times, we've played poorly at times, we've had some bad luck, we've come up against keepers having worldy's, we've had some shite decisions go against us, and we've had some inexpllicably shocking finishing. In other words, all the usual flim-flam that contributes to a bad run during the course of a season - IT HAPPENS. Whats the training ground got to do with it ?

Your comments about Bissouma are ridiculous. Of course he can be coached, and he quite obviously IS being coached. But you're expecting to see the finished article after he's come over from having played a couple of seasons in France, been here 6-7 months, and played less than 20 games in the Premier League. Give the lad a chance ffs.

My comments have nothing to do with the facilities and everything to do with what is happening there right now and has seen us become the worst form team in the PL. If that isn't down to coaching maybe you can explain what is. Luck? Nonsense. Poor refereeing? Nonsense? A couple of goalkeepers playing out of their skins? Possibly for 2 games.

I'm not criticising Bissouma and want to see him playing regularly. His decision making is often dreadful and that needs coaching out of him. His age has eff all to do with anything. He is 22 years old, not the finished article but looks a great talent. My issue is with the COACHING Staff. We look very poorly coached.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
I know everyone keeps harping on about 1983 yet the parallels are very, very similar. I remember us putting in some decent performances during the final months of the 1982/83 campaign but, much like today, it often wasn't enough to get the wins you need to pull away from danger (playing Manchester United off the park at Old Trafford and being held 1-1, going 2-0 up at home to Liverpool before being pegged back to 2-2, drawing 0-0 away against an excellent Southampton side, and so on). That said, I've always felt like we slept-walked to relegation in 1983 as Wembley edged closer. With every passing week, so I'm beginning to feel like my 14-year old self.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Watford manager Javi Gracia said goalkeeper Ben Foster produced a "special performance" after preventing Brighton from claiming their first league win of 2019. Foster pulled off a string of impressive saves in the goalless draw at the Amex Stadium and the Hornets boss said the 36-year-old is a "very important player for us". Brighton forced the agenda after the interval, but Foster not only made four crucial saves, he was also a commanding presence inside his area. The visiting keeper was alert off his line and won two free-kicks after punching the ball clear deep inside the box during the second half. Having performed heroics with his hands and feet, Foster then completed another accomplished stop with his body in the final stages. "He has an amazing character and ambition, and his experience is very good for us," said Gracia.

Goalkeeper Tom Heaton produced a series of outstanding saves as Burnley eased their relegation worries with victory at Brighton. Wood's five goals in those seven games have been important in his side's new year resurgence, but it has been the displays of 32-year-old Heaton, re-introduced at the start of the run, that have given Sean Dyche's side the platform. At Amex Stadium, he excelled again - twice denying Pascal Gross and making another brilliant block to keep out an effort from Solly March. Even by Heaton's recent standards this display was something special. He was the standout performer in January's 0-0 draw against Watford and at Brighton once more underlined why he is now indispensable to the Clarets in their fight to stay in the Premier League.

Right-o.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My comments have nothing to do with the facilities and everything to do with what is happening there right now and has seen us become the worst form team in the PL. If that isn't down to coaching maybe you can explain what is. Luck? Nonsense. Poor refereeing? Nonsense? A couple of goalkeepers playing out of their skins? Possibly for 2 games.

Has someone flicked a switch on the coaching ground to suddenly turn us into the worst form team in the PL then ? Once the players cross the white line, a myriad of factors such as form (ours and the oppositions), luck and poor decisions all get thrown into the equation. To isolate and blame this poor run down to "bad coaching" at Lancing is ridiculous. The coaching in December was fine when we were comfortably midtable wasn't it ? I very much doubt CH and his staff have pulled the plug on their established methods since then. We're having a poor run of form and results - again, it happens at some point to everyone !

I'm not criticising Bissouma and want to see him playing regularly.
followed by
His decision making is often dreadful.
If thats not a criticism...?

I don't believe he is being poorly coached. He is a terrific talent but still raw, and coaching him is an ongoing process. He's not even played 20 games for us yet, so yes, sometimes he shoots when he shouldn't. There are some creases to iron out, but in the meantime he still causes the opposition problems and is learning how to play and compete in the PL. To say he's being "badly coached" because he's not yet the finished article is WELL wide of the mark imo.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm not criticising Bissouma and want to see him playing regularly. His decision making is often dreadful and that needs coaching out of him. His age has eff all to do with anything. He is 22 years old, not the finished article but looks a great talent. My issue is with the COACHING Staff. We look very poorly coached.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You managed to say nonsense twice, then type a load of nonsense. :smile:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Some might say that those fees for Locadia and Ali J were still low by current (insane) Premier League standards. And I imagine their wages are lower than, say, Solanke's at Bournemouth.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Some might say that those fees for Locadia and Ali J were still low by current (insane) Premier League standards. And I imagine their wages are lower than, say, Solanke's at Bournemouth.

The old adage....."You get what you pay for".

Locadia- still shown me nothing to suggest that he isn't at least one division too high. Seems to have got a regular starting spot as soon as he went bleating to the press that he wasn't happy at the club. I'd have offloaded him then.

Ali J - well....can't really tell. Lack of opportunities / playing out of position. He might be good enough to justify the money but why spend all that money on a player who has very rarely been a starter.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems to have got a regular starting spot as soon as he went bleating to the press that he wasn't happy at the club. I'd have offloaded him then.

I'm not sure Tony Bloom has the money he has, by spending £16M on an asset, then selling it for £2M 12 months later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here