Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
And 2 of Cardiff's remaining 4 home games are against Liverpool and Chelsea.

And our last 2 games are against Arsenal and Manchester City.
Makes for a great last day of the season.
We get to see Citeh lift the Premier League trophy whilst will get relegated...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? You don’t think just a few of those 1 nils were just a bit lucky? How is it people cite a shortage of luck when descending? No, think you’ll find the real reason we’re in a mess is poor tactics and ability at this level. We try our best but it’s clearly not good enough. Nothing wrong with that or saying that, unless you try to defend it’s not the case using spurious claims like the absence of luck.

Evenly matched sporting contests are often decided on a bit of fortune. Leicester were by far the better side by all accounts on Saturday, but couldn't finish their chances. Today, they had far fewer chances but converted both.

You don't deserve luck or fortune, but sometimes you do just need that deflection, or flick or whatever else to go your way. Every game we are on an even footing, so rare we're going to play someone off the park, and not unusual that when we do pick up points, things will have gone our way a bit.

Long way to go yet before you start chucking the towel in. You might have, but I'm genuinely looking forward to Saturday already.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
We are having a lean spell and going through a bad patch. It happens to most teams at some point. Nobody was grizzling about Lancing a year ago - were it not for Lancing, we probably wouldn't even be in this bloody division in the first place.

Bissouma is in his first season, as a 22 year old, in a new country, playing in the toughest, most competitive high quality League in the world. He can be forgiven for not looking like Zidane after 6-7 months, can he not ?

I thought we were a fairly realistic bunch on the whole, but the rivers of piss billowing around after tonights game really are something else.

Point of order,can piss, a liquid, billow?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Neatly airbrushes out LCFC destroying us for two goals, everyone admitted embarrassing defending.

Bit harsh on the defence, first goal Knocky lost the ball and left us exposed and the second the midfield sat off making the initial pass far too easy.
In general we played ok. I'm still confident we can turn this around

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don’t you go coming on here with your smug suggestions cos you got three points tonight!!

Ps - we’ll done, but a bit too late?

Definitely too late, but worryingly, the result will give town momentum which we don't want...we want them to roll over

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And our last 2 games are against Arsenal and Manchester City.
Makes for a great last day of the season.
We get to see Citeh lift the Premier League trophy whilst will get relegated...

It's a good job we've got 5 winnable home games before then, isn't it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Easy 10;8795241I thought we were a fairly realistic bunch on the whole said:
We were good after 15 mins tonight, but, at full time, it was clear to see the first 15 told the story. As an old ******* I moaned and groaned as ever for not starting Biss. I moan and groan for not starting him all the time. I felt despair at Muzza's gilt edged chance for 1-1 (think it would have been). I didn't even muster a cheer when Propper scored. But we were good, for all but those 15 mins but we seem to be clueless when it comes to fighting our way back. I'm not totally lost and don't feel we are going down, but we are in a squeaky bum situation.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just like the 2 we have just had against Watford and Burnley.....how did they go?

May as well not bother going then, because Burnley beat us - the first non-top 6 team to beat us at home this season. Never mind that our home record is actually very good for a lower table team.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Home games against Hudds, Cardiff, Saints, Newcastle and Bournemouth obviously. Anything from an away game is a bonus.

The Shyster will **** us Sat when we cant score goals. Think penalty, Doggy free kick. It makes sense. One game gone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If we don't go down it will be because other clubs are even shitter than us. We may well survive and are more likely to do so than 3 others, but things are not right, if we want to stay in the money league. Let's face it, we're shit at PL this season. Luck injuries and suspensions are just a small part, under performing at all levels say it all.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's frustrating but all we can do as supporters is stick with the team and hope they can find a bit of confidence again. It's a real sticky patch at the moment though and Hughton will have to draw on all of his experience to lift things, but at least he'll have a mainly fit squad to draw upon now.

We're in trouble, but it's not over yet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The really frustrating thing is if Palace hadn't stuffed them on Sat and Puel was still manager, we'd have....

...still f****d it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here