Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds sack Javi Gracia - Allardyce appointed for last 4 matches

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I mean, this is funny, in the sense that it's a further humiliation and a further blow the ridiculous sense of exceptionalism that runs through their fan base.

But there is a part of me that's thinking about the situation with Hodgson and Palace. Oh how we laughed, until they cruised to the wins they needed for safety

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I mean, this is funny, in the sense that it's a further humiliation and a further blow the ridiculous sense of exceptionalism that runs through their fan base.

But there is a part of me that's thinking about the situation with Hodgson and Palace. Oh how we laughed, until they cruised to the wins they needed for safety
The Palace debacle is still very funny - their inability to have any style or to create any form of identity is fantastic. They just get dragged back to dinasaur football in a ramshackle hut of a ground with owners only interested in earning from them. There's no escape, like one of those horror films when regardless of which escape route you try, you return to the haunted house and certain death.

They've gone back years by returning to Roy and remain held hostage by Zaha, despite his obviously declining ability. I so want them to spunk £200k a week on him. They seem to think they will sink without him and long may that belief last.

I also heard they were considering keeping Roy on board for next season to bring more stability in the event that they mortgage themslevs to the hilt (AKA ringfence in stupid boy terms) to chase their new stand.

Them hanging on to PL life means they cannot break the cycle of overpaying for old cloggers and codgers and wasting all their PL cash. Meanwhile, 50 miles south...........

Leeds are just making more noise about their stupidty, which goes with the territory I guess. Great entertainment though.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Marvellous scenes.

The behaviour of their fans when rejoining the PL and the exploits re BW make this fully deserved. I remember telling Leeds fans that the PL is a very different beast to when they last took part. Clubs have become poor powerful and you can't rely on just 'being leeds'. They laughed at me. They now get what they deserve.

Apart from a few bits of fun from Bielsa they have been ordinary at best and laughable at other times, culminating in what we see today. Mess off the pitch, mess on the pitch. Wasted their chance and now need to re-build from scratch if they have any sense.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Imagine being the manager of a club knowing you may well be replaced by a lying cheating fraudster who if they stooped any lower in life could slither under a closed door.

If Leeds appoint that horror of a human they will get exactly what they deserve, 4 games of hoofball culminating in a magnificent 19th place finish.

On the other hand,what a great idea Leeds,go for it. :)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1683029174837.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Big Sam flying in for the final 4 games really emphasises how mad a season this has been.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great times call for great songs:

"From Bielsa to Big Sam
Everywhere we go
Shocking shots and shipping goals
White is one of our own, White is one of our own"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes in reality it would be good if they still had a chance of survival on the last day.
Or, if they are already relegated by then and play with no care – and win – against Spuds. That would be marvellous...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here