Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds sack Javi Gracia - Allardyce appointed for last 4 matches

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The Leeds laugh-along is such now that should we fail to beat Everton on Monday a tiny part of me will snigger at the effect it would be having on desperate Leeds fans across the universe.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I mean, this is funny, in the sense that it's a further humiliation and a further blow the ridiculous sense of exceptionalism that runs through their fan base.

But there is a part of me that's thinking about the situation with Hodgson and Palace. Oh how we laughed, until they cruised to the wins they needed for safety
The difference may be that Hodgson seems to have returned with a different style. Big Sam ? Hmmm….he is pretty passionately in favour of shit football.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Leeds laugh-along is such now that should we fail to beat Everton on Monday a tiny part of me will snigger
Give your self a slap, go and stand in a corner with your hands on your head, and think about what you have said for half an hour. after you have done that, write out a 100 times "I must never snigger when Brighton and Hove Albion lose a football match"

punish:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Here's a tricky one for you all:

Who do you want to win in the Leeds v Spurs game on May 28th?

(No fence-sitting please, as in 'it depends on our and Spurs results', as that is my own answer. This isn't a democracy).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

(No fence-sitting please, as in 'it depends on our and Spurs results', as that is my own answer. This isn't a democracy).
The right answer must surely be Leeds if it favours our league position.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Draw 0-0

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Not tricky for me, let Leeds win 10-0 if it means Spurs slip up for our European tour.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The right answer must surely be Leeds if it favours our league position
Agreed. But if it doesn't favour our league position (i.e. going into the game we have at least 3 points more than Spurs and Villa (our GD is way better than both), so we are guaranteed to finish above them anyway?

I think I might become a Spurs fan for the day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agreed. But if it doesn't favour our league position (i.e. going into the game we have at least 3 points more than Spurs and Villa (our GD is way better than both), so we are guaranteed to finish above them anyway?

I think I might become a Spurs fan for the day.
Yep there's nothing quite like enjoying the discomfort of dislikable fans getting their dreams dashed lol! 🤣

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

My answer is quite definitive: Leeds. Unless we either can't catch, or can't be caught, by Spurs, in which case, Spurs. But if we start our final game needing a win, then Leeds. But if we're 5-0 up with five minutes to go then definitely Spurs.

See? Not tricky at all!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Had a glance at the Leeds forum. What astonishes me is their entitlement and complete lack of humility, despite having been gash for absolutely ages. Not so long ago they were dossing in League One, but many of their fans genuinely believe they are a good manager away from being title contenders - because they’re a “huge club”.

IMG_1072.jpeg

Others are positing that they are quite literally under a voodoo curse, or that Venus wasn’t in conjunction with Zargon IV on the day the future Champions of Europe™ (but not really) were founded…

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

Their fans are beyond parody.

Aside from being the most thuggish, consistently homophobic and Neanderthal fans I’ve ever encountered, they are clearly looney tunes.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Had a glance at the Leeds forum. What astonishes me is their entitlement and complete lack of humility, despite having been gash for absolutely ages. Not so long ago they were dossing in League One, but many of their fans genuinely believe they are a good manager away from being title contenders - because they’re a “huge club”.

View attachment 160431

Others are positing that they are quite literally under a voodoo curse, or that Venus wasn’t in conjunction with Zargon IV on the day the future Champions of Europe™ (but not really) were founded…

View attachment 160432
View attachment 160433

Their fans are beyond parody.

Aside from being the most thuggish, consistently homophobic and Neanderthal fans I’ve ever encountered, they are clearly looney tunes.
When fans start harping on about being a big club you can almost immeadiatley file them under the middle of the road ordinary type club.

The real big clubs don’t need fans to utter those words. It’s ingrained in the club already.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Leeds - without a second's hesitation. Finishing above Spurs after THAT game is arguably the most important thing left to me (along with European qualification, obviously).

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Only a matter of time. Leeds are such a massive club, that the gravitational pull is like a small planet.
I understand that Messi is leaving end of season. I have no doubt that he has been yearning to play for Leeds all of his career and will off oop there like a rat up a drainpipe

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Leeds, 100%. Everton and Leicester going down would be almost as funny.....

....alright, nowhere near as funny, but I want Spurs to crash and burn from here on in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here