[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can understand his predicament. At 28 he has, probably, his last chance to make a lucrative move to end his career, if he gets a 4/5 year deal. The alternative is to commit himself to the Albion on an improved long term deal. His agent will, undoubtedly be pushing for the former.
Understand is one thing but to act like is the way he has isn't the way to do it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, we were told that the calf injury was the reason for not being in the squad on Saturday
On Saturday we were told why he was absent: "I want more from him - he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch, and I want players who give 100% in every training session and every game. Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with me."

This is the first I'd heard of any supposed injury.

scooter1

How soon is now?
On Saturday we were told why he was absent: "I want more from him - he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch, and I want players who give 100% in every training session and every game. Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with me."

Definitely saw it reported on twitter as a minor calf injury

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Bit of both really. RDZ said what you've put above before the game. But he then also said that he hadn't trained because of his calf. But, being dropped, and not at training are not necessarily due to the same reason!

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...zerbi-trossard-brighton-middlesbrough-8005902

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it is getting more likely Trossard will be off this month. He is pushing the manager, who has made it quite clear he won't stand for any dicking about. May be best for all concerned to get as much as we can now before he starts disrupting the squad.
We've got to get an offer for him first.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The little Belgian does appear capable of a big sulk/strop.
What would Monsieur Poirot make of it, I wonder.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very fair from RDZ. VERY firm, but very fair. Love It to be honest. Thanks Tross, but arrivederci.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As quoted here

RDZ “he didn’t train with us yesterday He had a problem with his calf”

problem with his calf??

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Blimey, doesn't take a lot for some of our fans to turn on a long servant of the club apparently!

Recommend that we see how this all plays out before we start turning on him.

He could well pull his socks up, and go on to put in some more great performances for us, following this bollocking from the manager.
I could be wrong but didn't Dunk pull something like this once? Back in the Championship? Had an offer from a Prem club and he wasn't picked for a game or two?

Could be wrong but if it did happen then he's a perfect example of a player who refocused and became an absolute legend.

I might be misremembering the circumstances though :shrug:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
There’s a rumour/report he’s been isolated and Spurs are monitoring …

He has been so good for us at times, I hope that whatever it is he and the club can work through it, however “when they want to go they have to go”

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
problem with his calf??

That's VERY specific...

De Zerbi says Trossard left training early without permission after finding out he was not going to start in the FA Cup win at Middlesbrough last week.

"He left the session without saying anything to me. And it's not good," said De Zerbi.

"I spoke with him and I explained this attitude, behaviour, I don't like."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports