Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep - either sort attitude out and sign new deal now or the Summer

Or

28 and won’t sign new deal 18 months left - if you ain’t got the attitude to play and think you’re bigger than the club we’ll cash in - simple as.
He's been offered multiple new deals over the last year. Pretty clear his mind is made up IMO.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Assuming nothing personal is going on and the club have tried to give him a cuddle and he's just being a stroppy little git (he is a French-speaking Belgium after all) do other clubs desire this trait? Will this get him and his agent a big 6 move? Or is he hoping for an Aubameyang type outcome?

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I'm not saying Tross has done this but wouldn't it be nice if there was a law brought in that stated that if a player has downed tools, they can be suspended without pay for 3 months and that their contract can be extended (by the club only if they want to) by the same 3 months so the original contract that was signed by the player at outset is honored.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
He hasn't refused to sign a new contract. That was confirmed a couple of days ago.
Was it? Andy Naylor keeps quoting the reports in the Belgian press that he is refusing to sign on. Something Naylor wouldn't be doing if they weren't true

Obviously Albion can't publicly comment themselves on an individual contract discussion

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Was it? Andy Naylor keeps quoting the reports in the Belgian press that he is refusing to sign on. Something Naylor wouldn't be doing if they weren't true

Obviously Albion can't publicly comment themselves on an individual contract discussion
He an smell that free transfer signing on bonus..... Albion should initiate the option, then we can flog him in the summer.

He can then cry all he wants.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Tross is playing silly buggers then he becomes a commodity that you get the best possibly money for…. And that’s it….I expect Bloom to win this hand like he wins all the others …. 25 to 30m ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
SO many assumptions fly around.

If I was going to assume anything about him flying to Belgium, it would be that he's doing it for personal reasons.

Why is it all over?

He has 6 months and club have 1 year option, he may have buggered off home as he has a couple of days off until training resumes again and hes been dropped.

Maybe he deems that better than sitting in Brighton a few days with nothing on his schedule.
Would you say, after RDZs press conference, leaving the country on the eve of a massive game is knuckling down and showing the right attitude? The only way it can be framed positively is if RDZ has told him to go home to sort his head out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Would you say, after RDZs press conference, leaving the country on the eve of a massive game is knuckling down and showing the right attitude? The only way it can be framed positively is if RDZ has told him to go home to sort his head out.

Depends. We don't know what's going on.

If he has indeed flown to Belgium, it suggests that he is doing so with the blessing of the club, and for personal reasons. This may have happened following the press conference.

If he, as some fans seem to be speculating, is going AWOL to force a move - it is unprecedented behaviour from him, and he will be subjected to disciplinary action from the club. It could also affect any 'big move' he's supposedly chasing. It's just not a likely scenario at all.

Probably best wait until we have the facts here...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So conflicted about this player. On his day perhaps the biggest talent in the squad and was scoring an average of a goal every two games before the World Cup. But when it's not his day, boy does he stink the place out. Charlton anyone?

Similarly I admire his flexibility and willingness to play at winger, false 9, CAM or wingback when needed. Yet of all our big names he's the one I think we'd miss less. Ferguson is now a genuine first team player, Mitoma and March are great on the wings, loads of our players can play as a 10 and Mac and Gross have both caught him up as top scorer.

We weren't really wanting to do any business this window IMO but this might force an exception. If he goes to Chelsea and they get Brilliant Tross I shall be spitting nails. But if it fucks his career like it has Cucurella's it'll be even more chucklesome.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think Tross is a great player, and since Arsenal away until the World Cup was probably in his best form for us since he joined, with both goals and assists
The noise around him not be willing to sign a new contract and his agent "offering him" around to other clubs has just been too loud to have some hint of truth.
But RdZ is great for calling him out. I think it sends the right message that no one is bigger than the club.
I hope Tross actually comes to realise that he is better off at Brighton than sitting on the bench at a "big 6" team.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1673627929175.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Roberto doesn’t f@ck about does he. Very different stance to GP.
Tells it as it is even if it risks p@sing off the player.
However, what Roberto is saying is that he thinks team rather than individual and says we can’t afford any passengers, and he’s right ...’we are not Real Madrid, we are not Barcelona, no?’....
sends Avery clear message out to others that they have to give their all or they will be excluded from the team.
Tross will be off but we won’t be bullied into selling at a discount. See Maupay, Cucurella etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's all gone a bit Pierre van Hooijdonk...

I find the fact that he's boarded a train a bit 'made up' surely he'd take a flight ? Where's he off to? 'finding himself' whilst doing a spot backpacking round the f***ing Pyrenees?

I feel a bit conflicted, this has the air of Poyet about it - Tross is undoubtedly one of our best players, it's a bit of a mess.
Why would he take a flight, as the article stated he drove to the Euroshuttle no doubt he'll drive the other end home

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would he take a flight, as the article stated he drove to the Euroshuttle no doubt he'll drive the other end home
Exactly. Belgium is just one hour from Calais. The Eurotunnel is the quickest way home for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here