[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Looks like he is turning into a bit of a Prima Donna as no one man is bigger than the club, and if he wants to go, then good riddance. He can go and fail with Potter and Cucurella at Chelsea.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I could be wrong but didn't Dunk pull something like this once? Back in the Championship? Had an offer from a Prem club and he wasn't picked for a game or two?

Could be wrong but if it did happen then he's a perfect example of a player who refocused and became an absolute legend.

I might be misremembering the circumstances though :shrug:
I think you are right. Fulham if my memory serves me correctly

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I could be wrong but didn't Dunk pull something like this once? Back in the Championship? Had an offer from a Prem club and he wasn't picked for a game or two?

Could be wrong but if it did happen then he's a perfect example of a player who refocused and became an absolute legend.

I might be misremembering the circumstances though :shrug:

Fulham rings a bell.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Blimey, doesn't take a lot for some of our fans to turn on a long servant of the club apparently!

Recommend that we see how this all plays out before we start turning on him.

He could well pull his socks up, and go on to put in some more great performances for us, following this bollocking from the manager.
Theres a strong whiff of Liam Bridcutt with a dash of Dale Stephens.

It certainly looks like bad behaviour to try and force a move? Could be another reason, but that looks most likely from RDZ comments, which is massively disprespectful imho, the club has been good to Tross and generally doesnt hold people back who said they want to leave (Dale Stephens was the outlier, but that was timing of transfer window closing).

If he wants to move, sure he'll get it, so why burn bridges and effectively go on playing strike? This isnt the way.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
problem with his calf??
His original explanation for his absence v Boro in quotes to the press last weekend. - a cover story I guess - A few days later he’s now saying he was dropped v Boro and left training early as a result when he found out - hence bust up , a chat on z Monday tgat didn’t resolve it , training on his own (some reports ) and absence v Liverpool too.
No mention of his calf anymore !

Jul 7, 2003
Bit of both really. RDZ said what you've put above before the game. But he then also said that he hadn't trained because of his calf. But, being dropped, and not at training are not necessarily due to the same reason!

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...zerbi-trossard-brighton-middlesbrough-8005902
Could well be that he does have a calf injury and was there being treated. If he was still required to be at the training ground for other team meetings or even just RDZ wanted to chat to him to see how he was feeling you can see why RDZ is hacked off that he left without speaking to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blimey, doesn't take a lot for some of our fans to turn on a long servant of the club apparently!

Recommend that we see how this all plays out before we start turning on him.

He could well pull his socks up, and go on to put in some more great performances for us, following this bollocking from the manager.
Yep - either sort attitude out and sign new deal now or the Summer

Or

28 and won’t sign new deal 18 months left - if you ain’t got the attitude to play and think you’re bigger than the club we’ll cash in - simple as.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fulham rings a bell.
It was Fulham but we were both Championship clubs.

Maybe, and I'm only thinking out loud, maybe Trossard has got a slight problem with his calf, and thinks he should only be doing light exercise, but the doctor has said he can take part in full training, and he won't?
Just a thought?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep - either sort attitude out and sign new deal now or the Summer

Or

28 and won’t sign new deal 18 months left - if you ain’t got the attitude to play and think you’re bigger than the club we’ll cash in - simple as.
He hasn't refused to sign a new contract. That was confirmed a couple of days ago.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It’s the curse of becoming our top PL scorer again. It did for Maupay and now one goal away Trossard is having a strop.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To Chelsea, Colwill + £30m??
Not sure if this is serious but I reckon he’ll go for around £35m if he does - 28 and 18months on contract - bit like why Biss only went for £35m.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was Fulham but we were both Championship clubs.

Maybe, and I'm only thinking out loud, maybe Trossard has got a slight problem with his calf, and thinks he should only be doing light exercise, but the doctor has said he can take part in full training, and he won't?
Just a thought?
No - as he got the hump he wasn’t starting at Boro…!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's all gone a bit Pierre van Hooijdonk...

I find the fact that he's boarded a train a bit 'made up' surely he'd take a flight ? Where's he off to? 'finding himself' whilst doing a spot backpacking round the f***ing Pyrenees?

I feel a bit conflicted, this has the air of Poyet about it - Tross is undoubtedly one of our best players, it's a bit of a mess.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He hasn't refused to sign a new contract. That was confirmed a couple of days ago.
I was saying it could go either of 2 ways and we don’t know. Where’s the quote about the contract though - and from who? I didn’t see that / if that’s the case what’s he been waiting for though as know we’d have wanted this done earlier…

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s up to Trossard now ..balls in his court ..knuckle down and give to the team (including the matches you don’t fancy) and it’ll be good for all of us …if not, you don’t play simple as that

Hopefully he’ll learn and we’ll see an even better player …but I wonder if he has the maturity

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Any truth in that and it's all over sadly. Shame to end like this.
Why is it all over?

He has 6 months and club have 1 year option, he may have buggered off home as he has a couple of days off until training resumes again and hes been dropped.

Maybe he deems that better than sitting in Brighton a few days with nothing on his schedule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports