Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laughing at Palace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had some great 'laugh at Palace' fun over the last few weeks but it's time to lay low because laughing last is really key here.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
I have a horrible feeling that all these laughing at Palace threads will come back to bite us, if they beat us final league positions will count for nothing. Can we not hold on the gloating until its all done and dusted

Our form is worrying, and I'm not looking forward to playing Brighton if we scrape the play offs.

Negatives for Palace:

1. Our form is abysmal
2. Confidence is shattered
3. Defence is crap
4. Overall the team looks tired
5. Murray carrying a hip injury apparantly.
6. We'll be playing you whilst you've hit top form (we peaked at Xmas).
7. Dobbie can't play (our only decent player at the moment)

But, the positives are:

1. You'll expect to beat us
2. There is no expectation on our shoulders
3. We perform better as underdogs
4. We still have players that can really hurt the opposition

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to say that I’m over the moon we’ve finished above palace (again) nothing sweeter than being able to have a little smile at my palace supporting friends after getting so much grief for most of the season BUT I can’t help but think all of the thread bouncing and laughing at their poor run of form is a little premature. These things have a habit of coming back to haunt you and as we could end up with egg on our faces IF they beat us or progress further in the play offs.
If Palace beat us or get further than us in the playoffs, they will be over here lording it regardless of what we say now. As you say, your palace friends have given you grief all season, this is your chance to give some back. Take that opportunity.

You could of course wait until you're 70, then look back over the last 6 decades and see who had the best of it, and laugh then, but what's the point in that? There's no point getting through the lows if you can't enjoy the highs.

Personally I'm enjoying overhauling the (mind the) gap, but I'm not taking any playoff victory for granted. I'm fully aware that we could lose in the semis to Palace (or whoever), but right now, we finished above them (and they're still not sure of a playoff place).

Seagulls! :albion2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been thinking about this. If Palace manage to get promoted, could we see the biggest meltdown in NSC history? The next couple of weeks will be interesting, I'll say that much.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've had some great 'laugh at Palace' fun over the last few weeks but it's time to lay low because laughing last is really key here.

I know it's cliche to do it , but simply "This"

These last few weeks have been very enjoyable and I'm delighted with 4th BUT if we lose to that lot up the road in the play offs it will still hurt , no matter what position we finish.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There's a big palace fan in my office who happened to saunter past my desk for little football chats quite a lot when Palace were 10 points above us, been nowhere in the last month. He came over yesterday and said they were awful but I refused to give it the big 'un who knows what will happen in the playoff and he doesn't need any more ammunition should we lose to them.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Theres give and take. [MENTION=8343]glen[/MENTION]-murray and his ilk were on this board relentlessly when palace were doing well. Stating they would walk promotion, at worst playoffs and we would be lucky to bein the top 10. Also stating their points difference was huge, their goal difference massive and we would never catch them.

As far as i'm concerned the play offs are a different entity all together. As we have seen soooo many times this year, any team could beat any other team on the day. The table however, does not lie. As the table shows, we have morepoints than palace, a far superiorgoal difference and have comfortably made the play offs. They will still be quite lucky to do so without a win on Saturday.

If they happen to make the playoffs, and if they happen to do well then fair enough they played well on the day. But we caught them, we overtook them, and in regular season, we bested them.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Our form is worrying, and I'm not looking forward to playing Brighton if we scrape the play offs.

Negatives for Palace:

1. Our form is abysmal
2. Confidence is shattered
3. Defence is crap
4. Overall the team looks tired
5. Murray carrying a hip injury apparantly.
6. We'll be playing you whilst you've hit top form (we peaked at Xmas).
7. Dobbie can't play (our only decent player at the moment)

But, the positives are:

1. You'll expect to beat us
2. There is no expectation on our shoulders
3. We perform better as underdogs
4. We still have players that can really hurt the opposition

This for me is the key one and the reason I am not too confident.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
this season still has a long way to go, nothing is won yet and on their day Palace do have players that can win matches, so for me, lips are zipped up when it comes to Palace......no gloating until its done and dusted. Derby games throw up all sorts of results and these games asuuming it is Palace will be no different.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Theres give and take. [MENTION=8343]glen[/MENTION]-murray and his ilk were on this board relentlessly when palace were doing well. Stating they would walk promotion, at worst playoffs and we would be lucky to bein the top 10. Also stating their points difference was huge, their goal difference massive and we would never catch them.

As far as i'm concerned the play offs are a different entity all together. As we have seen soooo many times this year, any team could beat any other team on the day. The table however, does not lie. As the table shows, we have morepoints than palace, a far superiorgoal difference and have comfortably made the play offs. They will still be quite lucky to do so without a win on Saturday.

If they happen to make the playoffs, and if they happen to do well then fair enough they played well on the day. But we caught them, we overtook them, and in regular season, we bested them.

Glenn-Murray has single-handedly managed to stir up a lot of anti-Palace feeling with his constant, prolific, arrogant, and somewhat deluded, posting on this board. And then, thankfully, he skulked away.

However, I won't be dancing around the WSU until palace are finally knocked out of the promotion picture.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Expectation will be very low if you make the play offs which is a big concern for me. As much as i'd love such a big game between us in the Semi's or the finals i'll be cheering on Peterborough this weekend to avoid any embarrassment!

I'd be cheering on Peterborough anyway. Lovely club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you just know things like this are going to come back to bite us on the bum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here