Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And now money is the most important thing to Brighton?

Completely agree Paddy B. Firstly think we're overstating just how good we are but nonetheless, even if we were dead certs to push for promotion or whatever, the hypocrisy is not attractive.

I suppose you had us down for relegation last pre-season. I never said we are certs for promotion, just that we will be above the nigels!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
So what makes you think Bloom leaving will plunge us in crisis? Do you think there will be no one to take us over?

As far as the nigels are concerned it's banter, so get so bloody precious!!

Potentially it could. We don't know the exact financing arrangements - if we don't perform well, crowds dwindle and loans are called in who knows. Having a 22.5k seater stadium doesn't gaurantee security. Also, Palace could potentially get the new Ibrahamovic, so what you said is just stupid.

I'm not getting precious, don't try to make this out to be some kind of diva fit. Go through most of the threads on the first page and it's people getting overly carried away (which I don't have a problem with) but far too much focus on how much we're going to be spending, what big names we're going to get etc. We need to remember Brighton as a club which is about the football, the fans and also don't forget the youth. I for one don't want to see the youth players who have contributed so much including those in last season getting crowded out. I don't need football rivalry explained to me thank - you, but it's a wider point which I really think needs to be addressed.

We're going to get a hell of a lot of new Brighton fans in the next couple of years and I dont want their support of Brighton to be biased on financial muscle but for them to experience the same great things that kept most of us still watching at the Withdean.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I knew it! :clap:

ps I can't work out why he wouldn't stay with your lot if your new money-men are as wedged as you (ie the long-suffering P***ce faithfull) believe them to be. I think you'll just have to prepare yourselves for yet another season battling relegation, although you would - of course - have my very deepest sympathy. Honest.

Ill be honest

Our owners said they will consider a bid for all players. If it is what they want for the player and they think with the money we can improve the squad they will accept it.

I do worry if we lose Clyne and/or Ambrose we are going to be in for a long season.

But in Dougie i trust.

My prediction.

Palace 16th
Brighton 17th :p

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I suppose you had us down for relegation last pre-season. I never said we are certs for promotion, just that we will be above the nigels!

Nope, didn't have us down for relegation. Not a negative or pessimistic fan whatsoever. Interesting you're not arguing with what I am saying but what I could have said and trying to brand me as a fan. I;m not making this point personal to you. I just think it needs to be recognised that this new owner, stadium and financial gain are a novelty and Brighton is so much more than that and as a Brighton fan said - we don't want to be this years Saints.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
We have 1 billionaire owner and 3 multi millionaire owner.

Means nothing as i explained to another of you jokers ,this cpfc2010 are just a smokescreen(look at qpr)will only spend when when money comes available from selling your best players,that comes from 2 palarse fans i know who are very worried:(

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
LondonBlue

It's very childish. Leave them to it, or complain to Wiki, they are pretty much on the ball, so to speak.

I agree [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION] The one and only time i will agree with you.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
SeagullEd get a life and stop backing the Nigels. Jeeeze.

Wow.
Most unintelligent response from a brighton fan on a real issue that could affect this club.

You honestly put us to shame. The kind of fan who wouldn't have got involved in trying to rescue the club after the Goldstone days but would have got fully enjoyed in ripping the place up. Hear for the headlines.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
SeagullEd get a life and stop backing the Nigels. Jeeeze.

Sorry mate, I completely agree with [MENTION=10958]SeagullEd[/MENTION] - but don't think he's backing the Nigels. I'm more than happy to banter and whatever with the Palace fans, and I'm convinced we'll finish far above them this year (I think they'll get relegated, but that's not the topic at hand).

The point is, bragging about the mega bucks does make us sound exactly like the Saints fans who thought money gave them a divine right to win League One last year, and it really doesn't look good IMHO.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You spout so much crap it's unreal! We signed a player (who played in the last World Cup) on Monday for 600k!
As far as Ambrose joining you, dream on. There's more chance of you winning the lottery this Friday. We nick you're best player's, not the other way round...

I keep reading so much waffle about Digkacoi or whatever his name is. Reading that he played in the world cup and is proven in the premiership. well f*** me if Chris Wood didn't play in the world cup, and he's not that good, plus Dickchops has only played 13 times in the PL... Wooo

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Potentially it could. We don't know the exact financing arrangements - if we don't perform well, crowds dwindle and loans are called in who knows. Having a 22.5k seater stadium doesn't gaurantee security. Also, Palace could potentially get the new Ibrahamovic, so what you said is just stupid.

I was in the same room as Tony Bloom when he said that the stadium money is ring fenced and will never be recalled early whatever the circumstances. I don't know the legal bits but basically the money is ours until 2023 at the very earliest.

What I said what banter to the nigels..don't take everything so seriously.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Sorry mate, I completely agree with [MENTION=10958]SeagullEd[/MENTION] - but don't think he's backing the Nigels. I'm more than happy to banter and whatever with the Palace fans, and I'm convinced we'll finish far above them this year (I think they'll get relegated, but that's not the topic at hand).

The point is, bragging about the mega bucks does make us sound exactly like the Saints fans who thought money gave them a divine right to win League One last year, and it really doesn't look good IMHO.
Exactly, not trying to stop you enjoying 'banter' with Palace fans, just realise we're a football club.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I keep reading so much waffle about Digkacoi or whatever his name is. Reading that he played in the world cup and is proven in the premiership. well f*** me if Chris Wood didn't play in the world cup, and he's not that good, plus Dickchops has only played 13 times in the PL... Wooo

He is good. Championship standard. Just what we need. It just so happens he is in the South Africa squad.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Wow.
Most unintelligent response from a brighton fan on a real issue that could affect this club.

You honestly put us to shame. The kind of fan who wouldn't have got involved in trying to rescue the club after the Goldstone days but would have got fully enjoyed in ripping the place up. Hear for the headlines.

You really are a nutcase. How do you know he didn't help the club? For the record I was a founder member of BISA in case you were going to suggest the same about me. :)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ill be honest

Our owners said they will consider a bid for all players. If it is what they want for the player and they think with the money we can improve the squad they will accept it.

I do worry if we lose Clyne and/or Ambrose we are going to be in for a long season.

But in Dougie i trust.

My prediction.

Palace 16th
Brighton 17th :p

Fair play R 'n' B.

I personally don't wish all the evils of the world on your club (I reserve that for Brumscum Shitty), but I honestly thought you were in relatively safe hands now. Actually, maybe you are - but it certainly doesn't bode well if you have to sell all your best players in order to make improvements. I can only conclude that either Freedman has a good few tricks up his sleeve or he's a glutton for punishment! I guess we'll all find out soon enough eh?

Anyways, see you at Selhurst when hostilities resume. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Nope, didn't have us down for relegation. Not a negative or pessimistic fan whatsoever. Interesting you're not arguing with what I am saying but what I could have said and trying to brand me as a fan. I;m not making this point personal to you. I just think it needs to be recognised that this new owner, stadium and financial gain are a novelty and Brighton is so much more than that and as a Brighton fan said - we don't want to be this years Saints.

I agree! But Palace fans have been ramming their 'success' down our throats for years, they don't appear to like their own medicine! The only thing we have over them at the moment is a fantastic new stadium and more season ticket holders than they can dream of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here