Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Come on fans, this is ridiculous. Brighton arguing about who has the most money...? Let's not forget what we've come from and disrespect clubs, implicitly ( i know you haven't explicitly) who don't have as much (no Palace not saying this is you).

For years we had no money and got annoyed at the arrogance of other clubs - let's not become arrogant like those others. For the last decade Brighton have done most of the talking on the pitch; let's make that continue rather than getting involved in rumours about spending loads on opposition players.

I personally think we're going to find next season much tougher than we think, but let's see rather than talking us up.

I don't care how much we spend (as long as its affordable) or whether we're outbid by others etc; football shouldn't be a game about money. I also don't care if we manage to sign our rivals best players. But when it comes to next season what I want to see is all players putting in 100% and the spirit of Brighton remaining. If some hideous event means Bloom has to leave and we have no money again say in 5 years do we really want to be nothing because all we've made ourselves out to be and all we've cared about is money? Let's build a legacy on more than that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And how did you come to that conclusion. :facepalm::shrug:

Pretty much by watching the slow disintegration of your club and the false dawn of CPFC2010! Time will tell of course, but i'm pretty confident. As it stands we have a chairman who has 'spent' £100 million plus, whereas as your guys have spent what? £10.50 to sign a Brighton cast off!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sitting in the pub sipping on a cool magners. SeagullEd I was not bitching about money dude. The Nigels were harping on about it the other week and I just brought it to their attention. Sit back, relax and enjoy the headlamps in eyes trailer trash Palarse telling us how bad/wrong we are. It's priceless.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Come on fans, this is ridiculous. Brighton arguing about who has the most money...? Let's not forget what we've come from and disrespect clubs, implicitly ( i know you haven't explicitly) who don't have as much (no Palace not saying this is you).

For years we had no money and got annoyed at the arrogance of other clubs - let's not become arrogant like those others. For the last decade Brighton have done most of the talking on the pitch; let's make that continue rather than getting involved in rumours about spending loads on opposition players.

I personally think we're going to find next season much tougher than we think, but let's see rather than talking us up.

I don't care how much we spend (as long as its affordable) or whether we're outbid by others etc; football shouldn't be a game about money. I also don't care if we manage to sign our rivals best players. But when it comes to next season what I want to see is all players putting in 100% and the spirit of Brighton remaining. If some hideous event means Bloom has to leave and we have no money again say in 5 years do we really want to be nothing because all we've made ourselves out to be and all we've cared about is money? Let's build a legacy on more than that.

At last some common sense! some of our fans have been completely hypocritical recently. Yes we have got a lot to be happy and confident about, but there is no need for the mis-placed arrogance some of us our showing.

I say hypocritical because, what were saying last season about Saints fans....?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Pretty much by watching the slow disintegration of your club and the false dawn of CPFC2010! Time will tell of course, but i'm pretty confident. As it stands we have a chairman who has 'spent' £100 million plus, whereas as your guys have spent what? £10.50 to sign a Brighton cast off!

Yawn. I thought you were going to come up with an intelligent response.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008

And now money is the most important thing to Brighton?

Completely agree Paddy B. Firstly think we're overstating just how good we are but nonetheless, even if we were dead certs to push for promotion or whatever, the hypocrisy is not attractive.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

You really know f**k all

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm starting to think some 'Brighton' supporters on here are defending the Nigels... must be a bad dream.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I knew it! :clap:

ps I can't work out why he wouldn't stay with your lot if your new money-men are as wedged as you (ie the long-suffering P***ce faithfull) believe them to be. I think you'll just have to prepare yourselves for yet another season battling relegation, although you would - of course - have my very deepest sympathy. Honest.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And now money is the most important thing to Brighton?

Completely agree Paddy B. Firstly think we're overstating just how good we are but nonetheless, even if we were dead certs to push for promotion or whatever, the hypocrisy is not attractive.

So what makes you think Bloom leaving will plunge us in crisis? Do you think there will be no one to take us over?

As far as the nigels are concerned it's banter, don't get so bloody precious!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here