Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Fair play R 'n' B.

I personally don't wish all the evils of the world on your club (I reserve that for Brumscum Shitty), but I honestly thought you were in relatively safe hands now. Actually, maybe you are - but it certainly doesn't bode well if you have to sell all your best players in order to make improvements. I can only conclude that either Freedman has a good few tricks up his sleeve or he's a glutton for punishment! I guess we'll all find out soon enough eh?

Anyways, see you at Selhurst when hostilities resume. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Cant wait either.

Fair play to Brighton though.

New stadium etc.

We have all that to come. Just 10 years behind you.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You spout so much crap it's unreal! We signed a player (who played in the last World Cup) on Monday for 600k!
As far as Ambrose joining you, dream on. There's more chance of you winning the lottery this Friday. We nick you're best player's, not the other way round...

Hahahahahahahahaha. 600k I don't think so! It was an undisclosed fee and I'd be surprised if was anywhere near that for a player no-one has ever heard of - 'Kagisho Dikgacoi'? Who the fcuk is he? Oooooo played in the world cup so bleedin what, we had 2 players with World Cup experience playing for us last season!?!, you lot are priceless and clutching at straws big time but the most hilarious thing is all you Nigels thinking you have money but choose not to spend it! Yeah right, you lot really are a bunch of deluded gimps. :facepalm::lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Dougie Freedman told the Advertiser and the Evening Standard that none of our senior players will be leaving after Danns left. He considers it too much of a risk to lose any more. Our assistant manager said the same thing.
That means that Ambrose, Clyne, Speroni etc. will all be staying. Unless, of course, a Premier League club comes in and bids an amount of money that would benefit us more than their presence in the team - obviously this would be a very significant figure in the region of a few million quid for each. Thankfully Ambrose signed a contract extension last year.
As it stands, this is a complete windup. Freedman will not sell Ambrose to another Championship club, nor would Ambrose want to go to one. QPR have tried to buy him before, and will probably try again unless Warnock walks out (which looks quite likely)

I appreciate that you like to think of us as completely skint, but it really isn't the case. We aren't in a position to spend £2.75m on a 27 year old - it doesn't make good business sense. However, we are in a position to spend a million or so on a young player that could be resold for me.
We haven't got enough money to spend millions on one player, but we've got enough that we don't have to sell anyone. We're being run sensibly - at long last.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a problem with your rhetoric and total lack of humour. I shall leave you to it SeagullEd.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hahahahahahahahaha. 600k I don't think so! It was an undisclosed fee and I'd be surprised if was anywhere near that for a player no-one has ever heard of - 'Kagisho Dikgacoi'? Who the fcuk is he? Oooooo played in the world cup so bleedin what, we had 2 players with World Cup experience playing for us last season!?!, you lot are priceless and clutching at straws big time but the most hilarious thing is all you Nigels thinking you have money but choose not to spend it! Yeah right, you lot really are a bunch of deluded gimps. :facepalm::lolol:

Kagisho Dikgacoi - Captain of the South Africa squad and one of the reasons for our 10 consecutive home games without conceding.

The Mirror says 800k
Fulham midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi to sign for Crystal Palace on a permanent deal today - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

South London Press says 600k
http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/s...to wrap up deal for Fulham's Kagisho Dikgacoi

If you don't have a clue, don't bother saying anything - it just makes you look stupid. Oh, and Fulham reportedly paid £5m for him last year.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fair play R 'n' B.

I personally don't wish all the evils of the world on your club (I reserve that for Brumscum Shitty), but I honestly thought you were in relatively safe hands now. Actually, maybe you are - but it certainly doesn't bode well if you have to sell all your best players in order to make improvements. I can only conclude that either Freedman has a good few tricks up his sleeve or he's a glutton for punishment! I guess we'll all find out soon enough eh?

Anyways, see you at Selhurst when hostilities resume. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

This is a nice post.

& I've been thinking, last season we completely hogged the ball. There are 22 players on the pitch, all of whom I am sure would like a touch of the ball. All we ever seem to do is pass to our own players. I think we should start sharing the ball with our opponents. All this selfishness and hostility in football just does not make sense. Infact since we play two games against each team a season, why dont we just agree to have 3 points each, no hard feelings and no need to fight or squabble. Then we can all get along and really enjoy football, and each other.

Infact f*ck it, lets hang up our boots and work together. We could build an ark or something.

Solidarity! Who is with me?

:dunce:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Dougie Freedman told the Advertiser and the Evening Standard that none of our senior players will be leaving after Danns left. He considers it too much of a risk to lose any more. Our assistant manager said the same thing.
That means that Ambrose, Clyne, Speroni etc. will all be staying. Unless, of course, a Premier League club comes in and bids an amount of money that would benefit us more than their presence in the team - obviously this would be a very significant figure in the region of a few million quid for each. Thankfully Ambrose signed a contract extension last year.
As it stands, this is a complete windup. Freedman will not sell Ambrose to another Championship club, nor would Ambrose want to go to one. QPR have tried to buy him before, and will probably try again unless Warnock walks out (which looks quite likely)

I appreciate that you like to think of us as completely skint, but it really isn't the case. We aren't in a position to spend £2.75m on a 27 year old - it doesn't make good business sense. However, we are in a position to spend a million or so on a young player that could be resold for me.
We haven't got enough money to spend millions on one player, but we've got enough that we don't have to sell anyone. We're being run sensibly - at long last.

Yeah and Craig Mackail-Smith is definitely 100% signing for Leicester City. Ooops. Every player has his price and if your club is being right like a proper business like you claim then if we put a decent acceptable bid in he'll come to us end of story, otherwise that doesn't make good business sense. It matters not an ounce whether the club is Premiership or Championship, money talks and you are a selling club and our wallets open. I'd be very worried if I was you with us sniffing around your best players.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Kagisho Dikgacoi - Captain of the South Africa squad and one of the reasons for our 10 consecutive home games without conceding.

The Mirror says 800k
Fulham midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi to sign for Crystal Palace on a permanent deal today - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

South London Press says 600k
http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/s...to wrap up deal for Fulham's Kagisho Dikgacoi

If you don't have a clue, don't bother saying anything - it just makes you look stupid. Oh, and Fulham reportedly paid £5m for him last year.

I'll say what I like you 6 toed pikey.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yeah and Craig Mackail-Smith is definitely 100% signing for Leicester City. Ooops. Every player has his price and if your club is being right like a proper business like you claim then if we put a decent acceptable bid in he'll come to us end of story, otherwise that doesn't make good business sense. It matters not an ounce whether the club is Premiership or Championship, money talks and you are a selling club and our wallets open. I'd be very worried if I was you with us sniffing around your best players.

Why should I be worried? You're are NOT sniffing around our best players? This whole thing was started by one completely discreditable "source" on Twitter? Unless you were talking about Garvan? :)

Every player does have his price, which is exactly what I said. The difference is - Ambrose wouldn't WANT to sign for Brighton. Why would he? He's a hero here, he's settled in London, he loves the fans and the club and the club fits for him. He's also the highest earner here. He's one of the best midfielders in the League and scores more goals than any other midfielder in the Championship I can think of.

We're a "selling club" - as are you. If you weren't, you wouldn't have lost Bennett. Every club in the nPC is a selling club. If you put in a bid of, say, £3m - we'll jump at it. However, the board will ensure that any deal made is favorable to us and ensure that you pay more than we think he's worth.

It matters MASSIVELY whether it's a Premiership club or an nPC club. If it's the Premiership, he'll likely want to go. To you? No chance.

To conclude - we're not worried, Ambrose isn't leaving for anything less than a very high fee to a Premiership club, and this rumour was likely started by a spotty teenager in his bedroom in Brighton. If it had any substance, it would have been picked up by "real" sources and newspapers. You are an imbecile :)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This is a nice post.

& I've been thinking, last season we completely hogged the ball. There are 22 players on the pitch, all of whom I am sure would like a touch of the ball. All we ever seem to do is pass to our own players. I think we should start sharing the ball with our opponents. All this selfishness and hostility in football just does not make sense. Infact since we play two games against each team a season, why dont we just agree to have 3 points each, no hard feelings and no need to fight or squabble. Then we can all get along and really enjoy football, and each other.

Infact f*ck it, lets hang up our boots and work together. We could build an ark or something.

Solidarity! Who is with me?

:dunce:

Listen 'ere Dingo. I didn't come here to read a bleedin' lecture on Communism! :mad:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll say what I like you 6 toed pikey.

A nice response, and a witty and intelligent way of accepting your mistake. Rest assured, a written apology for your silly factual errors will not be needed.

We signed Dikgacoi for somewhere around £600k-£800k. You said it was a lie. You were wrong. You are a silly billy. You enjoy tickling the naughty parts of a man. I have never lived in, owned or even been inside a caravan - nor do I live in London. Case closed :)

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

I can post the link from our local in the know press if you like? Mug

Edit: someone beat me to it! But your still a mug

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
And now we are being linked to players like Bogdanovic :(

Are we? Oh well - at least it would stop him scoring against us!

To the weeds who keep saying our future looks bleak - we have one of the best academies in the country, a responsible board, a young and eager legend in charge and a new stadium on the way. What could possibly look bleak about that?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For years we had no money and got annoyed at the arrogance of other clubs - let's not become arrogant like those others. For the last decade Brighton have done most of the talking on the pitch; let's make that continue rather than getting involved in rumours about spending loads on opposition players.
This. It's embarrassing lording it about and waving notes. We're thankful that instead of robbing us, the new owner is putting money in (even if it ends up just being for the ground). Let's just leave it at that, and not go on about it like it makes us special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here