Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Largely Forgotten TV Personalities of the 60s, 70s and 80s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fancying the opposite sex starts early! I must’ve only been at junior school, yet adored an actress in Land of the Giants. Who I now know is Deanna Lund.

The era of the mini skirt.

Great show (I have the dvd box set) but I preferred Heather Young :wink:

Heather_Young.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a slight derailment, but there was a fantastic US TV series made in the 90s called VR5 starring Lori Singer, Antony Head and David McCallum. I bought a bootleg DVD about 10 years ago and it is still unavailable in the UK. If anyone knows where I can get a legit copy please pm me.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Gary Wilmot was a familiar face on TV during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

94e3f2da6e415060494c2c7d99a44da9.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
His name is Ron Grainer. He died in 1981 in Cuckfield, which might explain his lack of urgency in collecting his cheques.

The most famous theme music he wrote is the iconic Dr Who theme tune. He also did the theme tunes for "Steptoe and Son" and "Tales of the Unexpected" amongst many others.

Edit: Just realised its the son of Ron Grainer to whom you referred. I'm afraid I can't help you with that one other than his son is called Damian, but you probably already know that.

Although I think this might be him. Same name and was a local lad. Mentions Brighton and Sussex in his linkedin profile. I think he lives in Warrington now:
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/damian-grainer-214a1050

You can also contact him via Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/loveflourishandsucceed/?locale2=en_GB

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Grainer

Top work! I've just sent him a message. It was indeed Damian Grainer.

The cheques only related to "Theme from Shelley" and were in Dollars from an American company... One that clearly slipped the net.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gary Wilmot was a familiar face on TV during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I saw him at Chichester in a musical a couple of years ago. I also saw his Bottom at Regent's Park in the early noughties

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Richard Stilgoe ! I am sure I would appreciate him much more now than I did watching his brief appearances on Nationwide etc!

Richard Stilgoe ! I am sure I would appreciate him much more now than I did watching his brief appearances on Nationwide etc!

Another fascinating fact. Mother in Law used to live in a house across the fields and Kent/Surrey border from his rather splendid residence with lots of land and horses I believe. Apparently a thoroughly decent chap who does a "...lot of good work for charidee mate..." as evidenced by his knighthood for said work.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Wanda Ventham, serious crush on her and was in so many TV series and films, and is the mother of Benedict Cumberbatch.
This is her in The Avengers with the lovely Diana Rigg.

And later in UFO

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Wanda Ventham, serious crush on her and was in so many TV series and films, and is the mother of Benedict Cumberbatch.
This is her in The Avengers with the lovely Diana Rigg.

And later in UFO

I had a HUGE crush on Wanda - her name alone is enough. Remember her in a program with Del Henney who played a crocked rugby player called Fallen Hero.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Top work! I've just sent him a message. It was indeed Damian Grainer.

The cheques only related to "Theme from Shelley" and were in Dollars from an American company... One that clearly slipped the net.

I think I should be cut in on a percentage of the royalties for that particular tune from now on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maggie Philbin, Howard Stableford....er....I think the other woman was called Carole, and...some other bloke.

p076701y.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here