Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Largely Forgotten TV Personalities of the 60s, 70s and 80s

Clodagh Rodgers

I always fancied her! I bought her a drink once or, to be more precise, the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington where I was night manager did, but I signed the bill :thumbsup:

I believe she now lives in Sussex. I don't suppose anyone has her address or telephone number by any chance? :whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember this, but don't know what happen to Jill Gascoine

A mate of mine shagged her in the early 80s (or so he claimed and he's not normally a fibber). I see that she has advanced Alzheimer's now, which is desperately sad.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
James Montgomery, presenter of Southern TV in the 70s and 80s.

I know you would probably all prefer a pic of his "punching above his weight" partner of the time Fiona Richmond but this post is not about her so hard luck.

Just learnt he died in December 2019. I don't remember a James Montogomery RIP thread.

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.u...n-television-presenter-james-montgomery-dies/

View attachment 122608

Edit: Oh go on then, just a little one..
View attachment 122609

Remember seeing Fiona Richmond on the Palace Pier in the 'play' Pyjamas Tops. I can see a giant fish tank on stage with several nude girls swimming in it. Great actress!!!!!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
images (1).jpegimages (1).jpeg

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
tarot.jpg

Anyone remember Ace of Wands on ITV in the early 70's.

Lead was played by Michael MacKenzie. Never saw him in anything else.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Francis Matthews always seemed to be on TV when I was a kid. He was usually playing Paul Temple....

Francis_Matthews_publicity_shot.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You've got to be kidding me. You turn on the TV to any programme made in Wales and he seems to be there. In the run-up to any rugby international, he seems to be there. Go to a Welsh game and he's there

I do believe he's been ill lately and hasn't been around for a couple of years but he was everywhere before that.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
You've got to be kidding me. You turn on the TV to any programme made in Wales and he seems to be there. In the run-up to any rugby international, he seems to be there. Go to a Welsh game and he's there

I do believe he's been ill lately and hasn't been around for a couple of years but he was everywhere before that.

I spoke to him not so long ago to tell him that my Dad had sadly passed away at the beginning of last month. Dad organised a gig for Max at the Priory School in Lewes just after his first album "Live at Treorchy" had been released and they remained firm friends ever since.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'm actually going to invite guesses for this one. Appeared in three series of a costume drama and one series of a comedy series as a 'side kick' to the main star. Never to be seen on the tellybox again. My old mate John, known professionally by his middle name and birthplace. I last saw him at a Brighton game. :cheers:

View attachment 122586

That’s Johnny Aden Gillett. Ex Sussex Uni. I was good friends with his brother Charlie In Guernsey where they lived. . Used to have a flat in Brunswick Square (or was it Palmeira). Saw him (but not to talk to)last time we played Brentford away. Unfair to say he disappeared with out trace when he was in this comic masterpiece in Worthing last year
28354000-CA04-4A0C-9358-C4CF1C9D2DA0.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Not a fan then???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s Johnny Aden Gillett. Ex Sussex Uni. I was good friends with his brother Charlie In Guernsey where they lived. . Used to have a flat in Brunswick Square (or was it Palmeira). Saw him (but not to talk to)last time we played Brentford away. Unfair to say he disappeared with out trace when he was in this comic masterpiece in Worthing last year
View attachment 122651

Brilliant! As I posted earlier I worked with them both at the Royal Pavillion Tavern.

Glad John's still at it. He's looking a bit Pete Posselthwaite lately :lolol: But....aren't we all? ???

Brunswick.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here