Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Corporal James Brynin

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very sad news.

Deepest Condolences to the family.

I agree 100% with Granny W's idea of a petition.

One of our own.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Can we start a petition to the club to have the picture of James with the brighton flag on the north stand concourse?

Great idea and I'm sure the club will do it. Anyone who puts his life on the line to protect us deserves to be remembered. He was braver then I ever will be. Rest in peace.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond Englands foam

I was lucky to come home from my battles, my heart breaks for james' family. Farewell soldier.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He lived with his family for a number years next door to my Father in law in Lancing before they moved to Pulborough, I remember him well.....my Father in law is very down after hearing this news, he is elderly and an ex squaddie himself....a sad sad day for all concerned.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
A real hero. RIP James, my sympathies to your family and friends. The BHAFC family will not forget you and the sacrifice you have made.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave, I reckon a simple email to The Club will suffice. Great idea btw.

I will do so today.

Thanks everyone. I also appreciate that if agreed by the club, we would need agreement from the family and we must respect their wishes as paramount in this.

Dave

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My son came back from his second tour just three weeks ago, just pleased it wasnt me getting that knock on the door.

RIP Another Brave Warrior

As I don't know you personally (or your name) when I first heard the news it did cross my mind that it might have been your son as I know he's in the Services and you are rightly proud of him. This is horrible, but I'm 'pleased' (totally the wrong word but hopefully you know what I mean) that it wasn't your lad whilst at the same time being upset for the other Dad.

Very, very sad. RIP James.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Paul

I hope you are well.

Following the tragic news of the death of a fellow albion fan in Afghanistan, I made a suggestion on NSC that we look to get his picture, the one with him holding an Albion Flag, put up on the North Stand concourse in his memory.

Can you please broach the subject with the management of the club to see if this is something that they will sanction. If the answer is yes, we can then look at the semantics, ie where it will go, cost, what size etc and more importantly, if the family think it is appropriate to remember James in this manner.

We know James was a great fan of the Albion and feel that this would be an excellent gesture.

Kindest regards

Dave

Sent from my iPad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here