Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Corporal James Brynin

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent post.

Should we try to get a chant going for him as well?

Sussex by the Sea says everything that needs to be said (sung). That will be for him. At least my singing of it will be. Can't speak for anyone else.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Can we start a petition to the club to have the picture of James with the brighton flag on the north stand concourse?

That is a great idea. Its such a powerful image & one that brought a tear to my eye - he was one of us. RIP James.
Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 23.28.21 .png

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I will do so today.

Thanks everyone. I also appreciate that if agreed by the club, we would need agreement from the family and we must respect their wishes as paramount in this.

Dave

Did you do it?, did you get a response?.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
3 years ago today QPR lost one of our own in Afghanistan, David Barnsdale, aged 24. You feel it because whilst you may have never met him, he's one of your own. His parents laid a wreath in the centre circle of Loftus Road before kick off at our next home match and we were given the opportunity to pay our respects. They were clearly heartbroken yet incredibly composed. Not sure I could have done that had it been me in their position.

I know Brighton & Hove Albion and you his fellow supporters will do the right thing by James and his family. I hope if given the opportunity, we the people of Shoreham will show our support too.

My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and friends.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we are doing a minutes silence for him, I was at a game when the ref blew his whistle to start it, a couple of people started humming Abide With Me and it spread around the ground. It was the most moving thing.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Sussex by the Sea says everything that needs to be said (sung). That will be for him. At least my singing of it will be. Can't speak for anyone else.

Well, nearly 100 years ago thousands of young men across Sussex (including my two Grandfathers) marched through the streets on their way to the trenches whilst the bands played Sussex By the Sea. Although many question why we still send our service men and women off to foreign shores, the words of Sussex By the Sea are still relevant. Each time I hear it I have to give thanks to all our brave men and women who gave their lives so that we can be free.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Tomorrow our brave soldier LCpl James Brynin will be Repatriated. God Bless him and all who knew him.R.I.P.Thoughts and prayers especially for his family.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
SHARED FROM A FRIEND

Hi spotted, please can you do me a huge favour and put out a message about a very good friend of mine James Brynin who was killed two weeks ago in Afghanistan, he lived in Pulborough and for several years worked in the leisure centre in billingshurst!!

His funeral is taking place next Tuesday (5th Nov) at St Mary's Church in Pulborough, the service starts at 12:00. We need as many people as possible to line the route from his parents house near the tesco in pulborough up to the church!

Not too sure what time the precession is leaving his parents house so if people could line the road from say 11.30/40.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hi mum also posted this on the Shoreham-by-Sea Facebook page. Thought I'd share it here for anyone that's interested…

"Hello
Hope you don't mind me posting this link on here if you do I will remove it.
As you well know my son James Brynin was killed in Afghanistan 2 weeks ago. The pain at losing your son is unmeasurable and our life has changed for ever .but i will ensure that some good will come out of this and if I can demonstrate a fraction if his determination and strength I will be happy.

Those who knew jay will know this charity which is local would be what he would if wanted www.memorygiving.com/lcpljamesjayleebrynin
Thank you

Sharon James very proud mum x"

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
The club and the Royal British Legion have very close links.

For the Poppy Appeal the club have a number of plans for the Blackburn game, and maybe something could be added so we can all pay our respects to who was one of our own
TB

I'm a Standard Bearer for the RBL, and will be carrying my Standard for him at his funeral tomorrow 5th in pulborough..gud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I,m a Standard Bearer for the RBL, and will be carrying my Standard for him at his funeral tomorrow 5th in pulborough..gud.

All the best to you. I hope it's a dry day tomorrow, and I hope the people of Pulborough turn out in numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
For those unable to attend the funeral of James the club are going to ensure he is remembered, alongside all of our fallen heroes, at the game on Saturday.

I recommend fans get there early, buy a poppy from the volunteers and cadets, and then get to their seats to watch a very moving tribute.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here