Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Corporal James Brynin

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Regardless of which club you support, the loss of a brave young man is a loss to all of us.

RIP fella.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Hi Paul

I hope you are well.

Following the tragic news of the death of a fellow albion fan in Afghanistan, I made a suggestion on NSC that we look to get his picture, the one with him holding an Albion Flag, put up on the North Stand concourse in his memory.

Can you please broach the subject with the management of the club to see if this is something that they will sanction. If the answer is yes, we can then look at the semantics, ie where it will go, cost, what size etc and more importantly, if the family think it is appropriate to remember James in this manner.

We know James was a great fan of the Albion and feel that this would be an excellent gesture.

Kindest regards

Dave

Sent from my iPad

Nice one GW. A front page tribute on the next match-day programme will also be very fitting.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
http://www.yeovilpress.co.uk/blog/2...ton-football-put-into-perspective-once-again/

From Yeovil

It has also been posted by someone to their Independent Supporter Website.

Everyone I have ever had contact with connected to that club has always been thoroughly decent.

Respect to Yeovil for doing that.

We were out for a walk one day summer of last year with our daughter, her partner and a friend of theirs who was a serving (female) army officer at the time. While we were out she took a call on her mobile through which she found out that her best friend - a (female) bomb disposal expert in the Royal Logistics Corp - had been killed by a bomb she was attempting to defuse. Devastating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]390842483552575488[/tweet]

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Just wondering if it would a nice idea to send something to soccer am for the forces part!
Just an idea to show how proud we are of him and all the service personnel?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just wondering if it would a nice idea to send something to soccer am for the forces part!
Just an idea to show how proud we are of him and all the service personnel?

Go for it

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I don't have twitter account to get the pic of him with the flag but if someone can send it to me via PM I'll get something sent in the morning.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
RIP always sad to see any loss, thoughts with family and friends.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is all just so sad. Its so easy to live our own individual cosy existences, with our metaphorical fingers in our ears, pretending this stuff isn't real. To my shame, I'll admit that you hear of another fatality in some far away war-zone, and it all washes past, in the torrent of other news.

Then you hear about a local lad, that you can feel a kinship with, and suddenly its all so very real.

I don't know this lad's family, but I feel for them desperately. I shall be singing Sussex by the Sea at Yeovil tomorrow, slowly, loudly and proudly, with James in mind. When we reach the Stand or Fall line, I may shed a private tear.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is all just so sad. Its so easy to live our own individual cosy existences, with our metaphorical fingers in our ears, pretending this stuff isn't real. To my shame, I'll admit that you hear of another fatality in some far away war-zone, and it all washes past, in the torrent of other news.

Then you hear about a local lad, that you can feel a kinship with, and suddenly its all so very real.

I don't know this lad's family, but I feel for them desperately. I shall be singing Sussex by the Sea at Yeovil tomorrow, slowly, loudly and proudly, with James in mind. When we reach the Stand or Fall line, I may shed a private tear.

Totally agree HKFC. When I head about it via a friend's facebook post, and realised that he was from my town, and supported my football club, I felt a real sense of loss. I never knew him, or his family, but I still felt incredibly sad at this loss.

There is talk of a plaque being put on the new Adur Ferry Bridge in Shoreham-by-Sea in James' honour. Very fitting, I think.

Also a great effort being made by the club, by the way, with shirts for the funeral, the armbands at Yeovil, and the minute's silence and invitation to his family to the Amex. :clap2:

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire

Excellent post.

Should we try to get a chant going for him as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here