Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the best players I’ve seen in an Albion shirt on his day.

But when it wasn’t his day, boy did you know it. Shame his attitude will ultimately stop him from becoming a decent PL player.

All about opinions. Mine is that he lacked the pace to beat most PL fullbacks, it killed much of his game and him mentally.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Never given a chance under Potter, but definitely good business for the club. Excellent fee in current climate.

All the best Knocky... you were a pleasure to watch, hugely passionate for our club and always gave 100%.

Not sure why you're only blaming Potter.

Football managers don't give players a chance - the player has to earn their place. Potter gave him every chance, but evidently wasn't overly keen on what he saw. Hughton only picked Knockaert to start 18 times last season, and face it - we thought his career was done after his attempted maiming of the Bournemouth player in our 5-0 defeat.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great player for us but that's one helluva fee. Great business by the club.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Flawed genius. Bloody loved him. One of the most exciting players I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt. Scored a worldy against Palace and played a major role in getting us to the PL.

Whatever he does, where he goes, I'll remember him fondly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
His classic goal against Palace is the one everyone remembers, but, his two goal performance against Wolves at Molineux was just typical Knocky.

So sad at this parting of the ways,but, the memories wil remain.

Look after yourself, Anthony.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Loved him. Set the championship alight in the 18 months prior to promotion. Saw glimpses of what he was about in the PL but better full backs meant it was only glimpses. Sad to see him go some of the best recent memories of the Albion include knockaert but the fee is a very good one

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
One of our most entertaining players and he made a massive contribution to our promotion. One of the best signings ever, I wish him personal happiness even more than football success and I hope he finds peace of mind. Wonderful player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Guaita-beaten-2nd-goal.jpg

Got so drunk after this I smashed my own face up falling over.

Knocky - Legend.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Knocky definitely is a modern day legend, the way his play with Bruno on the right side that ripped many Championship defences a new one on a consistent basis was simply breathtaking to watch.

It's quite sad that his Albion career petered out last season, but even then, he played for our badge and who could forget THAT goal against the great unwashed?

He was partly an embodiment of the #together spirit that defines our club, especially after his late father's death.

Thank you for the memories Knocky. We'll miss your flair and you deserve a standing ovation if you line up at the Amex soon.

On another note, it is another cracking piece of business as usual by the Albion though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here