Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just disappeared down a time hole watching this... What a night that was. Two Knocky goals, great double-save by Stockdale, and two reds for massive :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wish him well, one of the very few Albion players that could have you off your seat in genuine expectation when he picked the ball up and closed in on goal. What a season he had in our promotion season.

A true Albion legend imo, thanks for the memories Knocky :bowdown:

Well said.....

Would love to have seen him under Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure why you're only blaming Potter.

Football managers don't give players a chance - the player has to earn their place. Potter gave him every chance, but evidently wasn't overly keen on what he saw. Hughton only picked Knockaert to start 18 times last season, and face it - we thought his career was done after his attempted maiming of the Bournemouth player in our 5-0 defeat.

Really half a friendly game? And two weeks pre-season.

Would be surprised if Potter opted for video’s.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really half a friendly game? And two weeks pre-season.

Would be surprised if Potter opted for video’s.

You don't think a deep thinker like Potter doesn't look at video analysis of the squad he was inheriting ? Either way he is not quite good enough for the PL and his temper massively let him down. He is still our most sent off player in the PL era - which is terrible for a winger.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You don't think a deep thinker like Potter doesn't look at video analysis of the squad he was inheriting ? Either way he is not quite good enough for the PL and his temper massively let him down. He is still our most sent off player in the PL era - which is terrible for a winger.

If I inherited a player I’d want to see them in person, I’d be staggered if he was totally reliant on a video.

TV and videos can give you an idea but not the full picture.

As per my post he might have flourished under Potter and from a consistency perspective is probably no worse than some of our existing team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If I inherited a player I’d want to see them in person, I’d be staggered if he was totally reliant on a video.

TV and videos can give you an idea but not the full picture.

As per my post he might have flourished under Potter and from a consistency perspective is probably no worse than some of our existing team.

And this is as pointless as the Hughton argument - no-one knows or can prove either way. But regardless what we do know is overall the team and its league standing this year has marked an improvement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just disappeared down a time hole watching this... What a night that was. Two Knocky goals, great double-save by Stockdale, and two reds for massive :lol:

And how good was Pocognoli in that match - those centres! Just the sort we are crying out for now - but hardly ever seem to get.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And this is as pointless as the Hughton argument - no-one knows or can prove either way. But regardless what we do know is overall the team and its league standing this year has marked an improvement.

So true.
But as it’s a discussion forum it’s okay to debate.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Loved him.

Like that ex-Girlfriend who was astonishing in the sack and great at a party but was not really mother material.

We all have to move on.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Great player for us but that's one helluva fee. Great business by the club.

I agree it sounds a decent fee, but that was agreed in principal back at the beginning of this season so no real surprise that it equates to about £14m (£4m loan fee and £10m for the completion of the transfer). It will though, as others have said, be interesting to see how much of that we get up front or whether it's payable over the length of his contract at Fulham. Be surprised if we've just banked a cheque for the full £10m balance.

As sad as it is sometimes to see players go, we have to sell to help balance the books, and if AK didn't figure in the clubs plans then it makes total sense. I just hope that we can pull in some reasonable sums for Andone and Ali J (assuming they were to depart in the close season).

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Anthony, you are a star and a legend, great goal against Palace, good luck with Fulham, all the best, see you next year!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Loved the fella. I've missed seeing him in the stripes but we all have to move on in life. If this is best for him, and best for the club, then so be it. Win/Win.

Good Luck Knocky. You'll always be welcome at the Amex (as long as you don't score... ???)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good point.

Racking my brains. Only Ulloa comes close, unless I've missed someone obvious?

Not higher, but the most OTT transfer fee received was the Million that Celtic paid us for Adam Virgo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here