Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The guy was absolute flair and I loved him. He will go down as an Albion legend especially after the wonder goal at Palace. Good luck Knockers!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And how good was Pocognoli in that match - those centres! Just the sort we are crying out for now - but hardly ever seem to get.

Was thinking the same! I don't even know who he plays for now.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Was thinking the same! I don't even know who he plays for now.

He was capable of brilliance. I was right behind that cross for the winner and it was a thing of absolute beauty. As was the free kick against QPR.

Shame he wasn’t very good at defending...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolute legend - great memories and one of our own. Superb player for us. All the best Knocky.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Never given a chance under Potter, but definitely good business for the club. Excellent fee in current climate.

All the best Knocky... you were a pleasure to watch, hugely passionate for our club and always gave 100%.

Agree with well wishes to a great Albion player. And I guess 15 million isn't bad, but when compared with what we paid for Ali J, or Locadia?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The guy was absolute flair and I loved him. He will go down as an Albion legend especially after the wonder goal at Palace. Good luck Knockers!!

It wasn't just the wonder goal though was it, it's what Knocky did next, puffed up, tounge out (a f*** you) deliberately rubbing it into the Palace fans in the Sainsbury's end that made him a legend. He totally gets it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Never given a chance under Potter, but definitely good business for the club. Excellent fee in current climate.

All the best Knocky... you were a pleasure to watch, hugely passionate for our club and always gave 100%.

Not sure why you're only blaming Potter.

Football managers don't give players a chance - the player has to earn their place. Potter gave him every chance, but evidently wasn't overly keen on what he saw. Hughton only picked Knockaert to start 18 times last season, and face it - we thought his career was done after his attempted maiming of the Bournemouth player in our 5-0 defeat.

Well how many games did Knocky start under Potter then?

I’ve been a big fan and defender of Potter all season and think he’s done a great job, but I stand by what I said.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Great servant of BHAFC who always gave it is all.

Loved seeing him at the Chelsea game earlier this season with his boy and everyone in the away end singing ‘We’ve got Knockheart...’

Cheers Knocky!!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Shef Wed home ... those two goals ... going to take some beating as my favourite Amex game .. for starters it was bloody cold that Friday night

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
For me, he is a legend, I loved his passion and hope he will be happy and sucessful at Fulham.

There are so many wonderful memories especially when we were in the Championship.

Once a seagull always a seagull.

KNOCK.gif

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think there's more to it - probably something in his personality Potter didn't agree with, most likely his hot-headedness and his red card potential. Or perhaps he just didn't want any 'stars' in his squad, or players not willing to adapt to his philosophy. Or maybe related to wages? There's no way March offers more, but Potter decided to retain him.

I disagree with the assessment that he was not good enough for the Premier League. He did as well as most of our squad who were in the Championship with us. Of couse the defending is going to be better - but I don't think he found it any tougher than anyone else. Shouldn't be forgotten that he was voted MOTM by TV viewers when we played Man City in the FA Cup semi - rightly judged to be the best player on the pitch against one of the best teams in the world. Would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in a Potter team. An outstanding talent on his day, and offers something we don't really have in our current squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here