Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anthony Knockaert has completed a permanent move from Brighton & Hove Albion to Fulham, following a successful loan spell.

French winger Knockaert joined the London club last July, initially on loan, with the option of a permanent move, which has now been exercised.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

“There’s no doubting his contribution to this club, as part of the promotion-winning team in 2017, and those first two seasons in the Premier League.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank him for his achievements.”

Knockaert joined Albion from Standard Liege in January 2016 and quickly became a key player in the side. Albion won promotion in his first full season at the club, when he also was named as the EFL’s Player of the Season.

Speaking after he made his loan move to Fulham last summer chairman Tony Bloom said, “Anthony will always have a very special place in the history books of our club, as an important member of the side which won our first-ever promotion to the Premier League.

“He played an integral role across that season and was deservedly named both the Championship and club’s player of the season during that promotion campaign.

“He’s provided some wonderful moments, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to thank him for the memories and say good luck for the future.”

Knockaert played 159 times for Albion and scored the last of his 27 goals in last season’s 2-1 win at Crystal Palace.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Anyone know if the reported £10.5million is correct? Loved Knocky and all he did whilst in the stripes but we've made an absolute killing if that's the case.

Ah sad day, very much the face of one of our greatest seasons

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We would have had a brilliant season in 2016/17 without him, but I also don't think we would have been promoted. He was the difference between promotion and play-offs; that extra piece of Mushtaq Ahmed-type magic that took us over the line.

Merci, M. le Petit Magicien. Et bon chance.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Never given a chance under Potter, but definitely good business for the club. Excellent fee in current climate.

All the best Knocky... you were a pleasure to watch, hugely passionate for our club and always gave 100%.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One of the best players I’ve seen in an Albion shirt on his day.

But when it wasn’t his day, boy did you know it. Shame his attitude will ultimately stop him from becoming a decent PL player.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Saw that after I posted, presume Fulham need to get promoted for it to get up to that.
I think I typed incorrectly though, Naylor reckons CAN reach £15m with Add-Ons so the valuation by yourself was probably right!

Fulham fans on Twitter not happy, saying we've robbed them!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish him well, one of the very few Albion players that could have you off your seat in genuine expectation when he picked the ball up and closed in on goal. What a season he had in our promotion season.

A true Albion legend imo, thanks for the memories Knocky :bowdown:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
One of the most entertaining players we've seen at Brighton and I'm sure he'll be talked about here and remembered fondly for many years.

A flawed genius, undoubtedly, and he could be exasperating at times. But he gave it everything when he pulled on that striped shirt. Good luck with your career at Fulham, Knocky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here