Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy Agustien

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if that is fair - surely his shopping list is being determined by the budget given to him and secondly the calibre of player available. I'm sure he would love to be buying 'premium' players whereas we are only able (or willing) to afford the 'everyday' brand.

In which case is it fair that Tony Bloom EXPECTS playoffs when giving a budget seemingly nowhere near the top 6 in the division? I would suggest not.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bruno had a good first half when we were on the front foot, but as mentioned above doesn't seem able to adapt when we get into a battle. At 1-0 down with 10 mins to go he was still doing backheel volleys to no one in particular. Cheers for that Bruno.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
David Burke is getting flak for some disappointing signings / loanees. I wonder if that is fair - surely his shopping list is being determined by the budget given to him and secondly the calibre of player available. I'm sure he would love to be buying 'premium' players whereas we are only able (or willing) to afford the 'everyday' brand. The reality of life under FFP and all that, hence his recent appeal for FFP to be enforced properly.

Secondly those players he has brought in are decent on paper being from Prem / Championship clubs so ought to be capable of doing a proper job for us. Its not as if we are trawling the lower leagues for their cast offs. OK some of his signings haven't gelled on the pitch. Maybe that is a more a reflection of their lack of fitness / coaching and an element of the players own personal motivation. That's down to Oscar and his team to sort out, so not necessarily Burke's fault. OK Andrews and Ward aren't marquee names but they're doing ok and I'm pleased we've got them, given our injuries and the loss of Bridge etc.

I do think that once Oscar gets more of a feel for English footie he will also have an eye for players that he wants Burke to go after. However it does seem strange that we haven't had a look at any new Spanish players who Oscar knows from his past.

If Bruno and Dave (on current form by all accounts) are an example of what we can attract and afford maybe he would be better looking elsewhere?

Belgium and Germany seem to be developing a lot of talented players these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He has started FOUR matches for us. I can't believe anyone can feel so strongly about him after such a short period of time. He may turn out to be a dud, but there is no way he should be written off and criticised so severely now.

That's pretty rich coming from you, isn't it? Or was this post meant to be a joke?

For the record, people on the whole have not said 'Kemy IS shit'. They've said 'Kemy was shit last night', or 'Kemy has been shit so far', or 'if Kemy doesn't improve from what we've seen, he's going to be a big waste of wages'. All of which is perfectly fair, don't you think?

Personally though, I'd go further than to just say he was shit last night. I'd say he played like an absolute wanker who didn't give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion. I really hope he puts in a string of world-beating performances and makes me eat my words, because his wages no doubt blow a sizeable hole in our playing budget, but on last night's viewing, I don't suppose he cares either way.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Dreadful. If that's what he has to offer, I hope I never see him in a Brighton shirt again. Disgraceful. Poor fitness / effort. Appalling decision making. Crap control. Clearly didn't give two shits about the result. Far more interested in displaying a few flash touches to try to make himself look good, than contributing to a team effort.

Not a fan.

Wow what the google did you say about Ryan Harley if this is how you treat Langoustine?
*rushes to do search*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's pretty rich coming from you, isn't it? Or was this post meant to be a joke?

For the record, people on the whole have not said 'Kemy IS shit'. They've said 'Kemy was shit last night', or 'Kemy has been shit so far', or 'if Kemy doesn't improve from what we've seen, he's going to be a big waste of wages'. All of which is perfectly fair, don't you think?

Personally though, I'd go further than to just say he was shit last night. I'd say he played like an absolute wanker who didn't give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion. I really hope he puts in a string of world-beating performances and makes me eat my words, because his wages no doubt blow a sizeable hole in our playing budget, but on last night's viewing, I don't suppose he cares either way.

He was dreadful last night. As well as everything you explained so eloquently he DUCKED a header. On last night's showing he's a fat, gobby luxury player.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If Bruno and Dave (on current form by all accounts) are an example of what we can attract and afford maybe he would be better looking elsewhere?

Belgium and Germany seem to be developing a lot of talented players these days.

Bad signings? - I don't recall so many complaints when Bruno and Dave first arrived and settled into the team, they were popular with most fans so I am not sure they were bad signings back then. However I do agree they are now shadows of their former selves and not worthy of starting places. But don't forget Bruno lost his footballing compass under Gus when he returned from a long lay-off last season and has carried that lack of form into this season. Even under Gus, Dave used to drift in and out of games and occasionally go missing altogether but often redeemed himself with his dead ball skills. Since his return this season he has looked lost and probably needs a couple of confidence building goals from free kicks to give him a boost, but sadly that means giving him more pitch time when he isn't earning his place, so is a conundrum for Oscar.

I don't know if Belgian or German players are on David Burke's radar but I agree they probably couldn't do any worse. Certainly we had VvD on our radar for a while so must have some spies in Europe. Having said that VvD hasn't looked all that special playing for Celtic when I 've seen glimpses of him. Then there was Roland Bergkamp...........so even the Dutch aren't nailed on successes either.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am quite aware now that nobody on here saw him play for Swansea, I saw him a few super sundays and believe me, when he's fit he is going to be absolutely brilliant for us. Obviously in this day and age when a manager is expected to bed in and have us promoted all within a season and have every player playing at his full potential immediately it won't suit and he'll be out the door in Jan if NSC get their way but alas, he is quite the midfielder when fit.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This years Ryan Harley, can we stop buying players from Swansea as 3 in 4 have been shite.

Your saying that after he has played only a few games for us, mostly sub appearances too - ****ing hell :facepalm:

He looked shite last night as our players left him on his own. He had to do it all as none of our team bothered to help him, hence the attempts of "skill" to try and get away from the 3 Wednesday players who had him surrounded. He still isnt fit either remember, hence why he has been missing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am quite aware now that nobody on here saw him play for Swansea, I saw him a few super sundays and believe me, when he's fit he is going to be absolutely brilliant for us. Obviously in this day and age when a manager is expected to bed in and have us promoted all within a season and have every player playing at his full potential immediately it won't suit and he'll be out the door in Jan if NSC get their way but alas, he is quite the midfielder when fit.

:thumbsup:

I can't believe I am hearing the deafening sound of knife sharpening on here, it's pretty close to trolling and only serves as an own goal for any bitter rival trolls reading this.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I hate it when people compare Agustien with Messi. I mean he's good, but he's not Agustien.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow what the google did you say about Ryan Harley if this is how you treat Langoustine?
*rushes to do search*

I'll save you the trouble. I thought that Harley was going to be BRILLIANT, and I'm fairly sure I said as much after the Sunderland cup game. I was wrong. Hopefully I'll be wrong in reverse, on Kemy.

This years Ryan Harley, can we stop buying players from Swansea as 3 in 4 have been shite.

THREE is very harsh. Orlandi has been excellent, and Painter was bought for League One where he was superb, and part of winning us the division at a stroll.

:thumbsup:

I can't believe I am hearing the deafening sound of knife sharpening on here, it's pretty close to trolling and only serves as an own goal for any bitter rival trolls reading this.

Trolling! Give over. Its telling it how it is. Kemy WAS lazy, out of shape, disinterested, and sloppy last night. Hopefully that is NOT representative of what he has to offer long term.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
While he gave the ball away when surrounded by lots of players, and flapped his arms a lot, I did think he made an improvement to the team when he came on yesterday. We needed a link from defence to attack and he gave us that and meant we didn't hoof it forwards quite as much as we had been. So yeah 50% of his performance was crap (mainly down to fitness/match sharpness), the other 50% was much needed.

If anyone was lazy second half it was Bruno. That or he was injured but he was often out of position with Sheff Wed breaking down their left flank and he was literally walking or strolling to get back and cover his position. Why Oscar though Bruno would be better at right back than Calderon I'm not quite sure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Trolling! Give over. Its telling it how it is. Kemy WAS lazy, out of shape, disinterested, and sloppy last night. Hopefully that is NOT representative of what he has to offer long term.

Didn't we all say the same thing about Guy Butters until he lost 12 kilos ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You are wrong though and that is your version of the truth.

The whole team was poor before he came on, and when he did I saw some good things. He was often passed to when in a crowd of Wed players without any support and when he was in space the ball was never passed to him.

I was more dissapointed with Ulloa fluffing his lines when he was in space one on one with Kirkland.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are wrong though and that is your version of the truth.

The whole team was poor before he came on, and when he did I saw some good things. He was often passed to when in a crowd of Wed players without any support and when he was in space the ball was never passed to him.

I was more dissapointed with Ulloa fluffing his lines when he was in space one on one with Kirkland.

The ball bounced badly for him. I thought so at the time and the extended highlights confirmed it. FWIW I thought Agustien had a poor game too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here