Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy Agustien

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It's good that we have Agustein.

He can provide stiff competition to Conway in the "uninterested, yet quite expensive import from South Wales" role, aka "The Dobbie", this season.

A good team needs 2 players for every position.

Tres drole. Having two such players gives us a nice 'balance'.................but not much else.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My girlfriend's comment after about 80 minutes was "who's that guy in the middle? He's rubbish and keeps losing the ball". I couldn't argue with that, he looked so far out of his depth.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's good that we have Agustein.

He can provide stiff competition to Conway in the "uninterested, yet quite expensive import from South Wales" role, aka "The Dobbie", this season.

A good team needs 2 players for every position.

You can't say things like that Bozza, as the three players you have mentioned have all been identified as just the class of player we need by our top scout David Burke, who can spot a player far better than a man who played for Barcelona

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he did ok when he came on, but no one made themselves available to him when he had the ball

He certainly didn't play worse than anyone else.

thought that he did ok when he came on and if we get the others playing the same game he will do well.

Totally agree ,what is he supposed to do if nobody helps him,

Even by the standards of football blindness exhibited on here, I can't believe what I've just read. Incredible.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You can't say things like that Bozza, as the three players you have mentioned have all been identified as just the class of player we need by our top scout David Burke, who can spot a player far better than a man who played for Barcelona

Makes you wonder what Garcia actually really thinks about them, but after Gus he has probably been advised to not say anything remotely controversial and to work with what he has been given.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
For what it's worth, he IS playing in a team struggling for any spark right now. He does give the ball away quite a bit but if he can get his passing range going he loo:albion2:ks as though he might well be capable of the much lamented defence splitting ball.
Does have the turning circle of an oil tanker though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So much arm waving and head shaking, it looked to me like he thought it was everyone else's fault and he was having a blinder.

He seems to be a very self centred player, he thinks he can do it all!

Classic case of a player who thinks he's much better than he actually is.

Thinks he is too good to play the simple ball!

Yes. This is exactly where I am. Reckon he thinks he's bigger than the club, well he's not, based on what I saw last night we had better players in league 1. Dicker gave the ball away a lot less for one.

He clearly thinks he is too good for our club. Maybe he should try and lose some weight and put some extra training In and get fit/sharp

I can't believe Gary Dicker is plying his trade at Rochdale to make way for this showboating selfish fat prick. ****.

He was only on for around 30-mins and was totally spent, put him on a diet and crash fitness course

I wish Kemy Agustien could read this. There have been plenty of players a whole lot worse than him, over the years. People with nothing remotely close to his actual ability, but its a long time since I've been so genuinely ANGRY at a Brighton player. He wasn't doing badly because he was doing the right things and was just having a bad day. He was losing the ball constantly through trying ridiculous things that were never going to work. In dangerous areas. And then strolling back waving his arms at everyone else, rather than trying to win the thing back.

I'm really not one for laying into our players on here, but in this instance, on that showing, Simsters assesment of 'fat showboating selfish prick' is pretty accurate.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Fat, slow, lazy. I think we bought a pig in a poke. Just don't rate him, he's as fit as he is going to be. If you can't get yourself fit in two months then change career and a little tip Kemy, take some responsibility and stop throwing your arms in the air. Thought his performance last night was embarassing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not been impressed so far and my overall feeling is he seems to be unable to adapt to the tempo of the game.

Whilst not everyone's favourites dicker and Hammond both offered more.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
David Burke is getting flak for some disappointing signings / loanees. I wonder if that is fair - surely his shopping list is being determined by the budget given to him and secondly the calibre of player available. I'm sure he would love to be buying 'premium' players whereas we are only able (or willing) to afford the 'everyday' brand. The reality of life under FFP and all that, hence his recent appeal for FFP to be enforced properly.

Secondly those players he has brought in are decent on paper being from Prem / Championship clubs so ought to be capable of doing a proper job for us. Its not as if we are trawling the lower leagues for their cast offs. OK some of his signings haven't gelled on the pitch. Maybe that is a more a reflection of their lack of fitness / coaching and an element of the players own personal motivation. That's down to Oscar and his team to sort out, so not necessarily Burke's fault. OK Andrews and Ward aren't marquee names but they're doing ok and I'm pleased we've got them, given our injuries and the loss of Bridge etc.

I do think that once Oscar gets more of a feel for English footie he will also have an eye for players that he wants Burke to go after. However it does seem strange that we haven't had a look at any new Spanish players who Oscar knows from his past.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But he did have a couple of moments, Bruno too for that matter, when the passes were sublime and he did beat 3 men.
Just not often enough.

Everyone seems to have forgotten Brunos majestic ball over the top that Ulloa should have tucked away with ease.

Similar ball to Lopez who should have done likewise

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not going to judge Agustien on a small number of outings when he does not look fully fit.

But if he does not get better I will start to wonder whether he wages may not have been better spent elsewhere.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Agree, just noticed your post after I posted, this is the way I saw it.

I thought the same, however, Kemy did play some cracking balls out to the left for Lua Lua. But his commitment seems to dwindle, he doesn't look that determined to be a team player and most of the people around me felt the same on this... Not a fan, would like to see Solly March on the pitch personally.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not going to judge Agustien on a small number of outings when he does not look fully fit.

But if he does not get better I will start to wonder whether he wages may not have been better spent elsewhere.

You only get one chance at a first impression, he's had half a dozen and still hasn't impressed. Sory but at this level and expenditure there are too many apologists on here for lack of committment and even understanding of the game and level that we are playing. Every time I have seen him he has been slow and lazy, not a good signing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

To be honest the fact that he looks so unfit is one of the very things that people ARE judging him on. People look at his physique, consider that he is pocketing thousands of pounds a week to be the best proffessional athlete he can be, and inevitably consider his level of motivation and commitment.

Beyond that, though, the main gripe with him last night was his ludicrous decisions to keep trying to waltz through three defenders - invariably losing the ball. That kind of thing has nothing to do with fitness, and everything to do with his mindset. I hope Oscar and Jones tear him a new one this morning, and that he starts to apply himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought they were both (Kemy and Bruno) too champagney.

Had we actually scored one or 2 of the good first half changes we had, they both probably would have had a ball.
But we didn't, the game got very 'championship' and neither adjusted.

There didn't seem the desire to strip it back to basic pass and move football.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To be honest the fact that he looks so unfit is one of the very things that people ARE judging him on. People look at his physique, consider that he is pocketing thousands of pounds a week to be the best proffessional athlete he can be, and inevitably consider his level of motivation and commitment.

Completely fair comment.

At the moment I am trying to give a few people the benefit of the doubt. But it is hard.

My gut feeling is that Agustien will prove a costly luxury.

He will be on a healthy wage and with our apparent resources being stretched, he will have to be pretty good to justify them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd still have him over Hammond.

donstinhatandsettlesdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here