Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews on loan?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There can be many reasons why a player doesn't play well for a certain club. Family issues, style of play, team mates etc etc etc. Just because the Bolton fans didn't take to him that doesn't mean jack. One mans pleasure is another's poison. There is enough in his playing history to suggest he is a very good championship player. People forget that Bridcutt wasn't wanted by a number of div 1 clubs years ago, because everyone thought he was crap....Horses for courses.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
His names Keith, of course he's going to be shit.
But seriously, quite happy with this, think he'll be a decent signing,but as Kev the Rev said, I think people are reacting negatively to this because he's not called Jose and from Barca b team.We all expect flair now and still awaiting an "Oscar" signing

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
So because Bolton finished below us (despite us not actually beating them at all last season) they don't have any good players? Riiiiight

Once again, someone else misses the point. Of course they have good players; players that would walk straight into our team. But how do you expect people to get excited when Bolton fans are celebrating the same way we did when Harley left and saying that they are not sure which news is better: Signing Spearing or Andrews leaving?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Once again, someone else misses the point. Of course they have good players; players that would walk straight into our team. But how do you expect people to get excited when Bolton fans are celebrating the same way we did when Harley left and saying that they are not sure which news is better: Signing Spearing or Andrews leaving?

Who cares?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Well thats that then. Did you listen to Man City/West Ham/Sunderland fans when we signed Bridge?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
This isn't Football Manager.

Keith Andrews is a GOOD, SOLID midfielder who has played 35 times for the Republic of Ireland and many times in the Premier League.

You didn't answer my question. Which sort of signing would make you happy?

He may well be a good, solid midfielder. I haven't see him play enough to make a fair judgement on him. I hope that he turns out to be a good signing for us.

I am happy with this signing. Just underwhelmed. I hope that answers your question in terms of my ambition.

You didn't answer my question. How can you say fans need to get a grip for being disappointed with a signing from a club that finished below us who are celebrating the same way we did when Harley left?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agreed. This is such an underwhelming signing. Last season we played Bolton off the park at The Amex. With better finishing we'd have scored 5 or 6. Now we're signing their highly paid rejects.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You didn't answer my question. Which sort of signing would make you happy?

Iniesta, puyol, Gomez, thieri Henri, julie Caesar, revelinho, ravenelli, toto scallachi.....you see the pattern here?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There can be many reasons why a player doesn't play well for a certain club. Family issues, style of play, team mates etc etc etc. Just because the Bolton fans didn't take to him that doesn't mean jack. One mans pleasure is another's poison. There is enough in his playing history to suggest he is a very good championship player. People forget that Bridcutt wasn't wanted by a number of div 1 clubs years ago, because everyone thought he was crap....Horses for courses.

totally agree

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Well thats that then. Did you listen to Man City/West Ham/Sunderland fans when we signed Bridge?

Yes. But he hadn't played in the championship. I was excited to see how he could perform at Championship level. Also, in terms of being experienced, how can you even compare Wayne Bridge to Keith Andrews?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
You didn't answer my question. How can you say fans need to get a grip for being disappointed with a signing from a club that finished below us who are celebrating the same way we did when Harley left?

Harley was highly rated when we signed him but it didn't work out. He may be superb this season for Swindon.

Keith Andrews has a bad season for Bolton but he is a GOOD FOOTBALLER.

...however it appears alot of our fans will only be happy with Wayne Bridge / Vicente type signings these days. They need to get a grip. Do you see?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Last year's star loan signing - Wayne Bridge. This year's - Keith Andrews. You'll forgive me if I don't do somersaults.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
how can you even compare Wayne Bridge to Keith Andrews?

They both have the letters..a, n, e (x 2), i, d, r, & w in their names.......?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Kemy was a replacement for Hammond.....and Andrews a replacement for Dicker....doesn't that make us a stronger team?

It certainly does.
Can't understand the negativity.

Spanish Dave
Orlandi
Kemy
Andrews
Liam
Kaz
March
JFC
Ince

Sounds pretty good to me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am quite happy with this but cannot understand why we didnt go after Xavi or Iniesta or even Luca Modric. As we are about 3 weeks behind in our planning and for not signing those players I think it is time we looked at sacking Bloom and Barber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here