Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews on loan?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The left back position is that we could not afford Wayne Bridge final pay day and there are not many if any experienced left backs available until such time as the Premier sides announce their 25 man squad. So for two more games or so I would make do with them. Keith Andrews doesnt enter the Bridge scenario and I think that he has started both games for BWFC this season, that is not to say he is or isnt rubbish, which he may prove to be , but he obviously doesnt figure in their plans and the way they want to play..

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wages and opportunity cost.

We've saved wages from Hammond, Harley, Vicente, Dicker, Painter and Bridge.
Upson cost similar to what we paid last year. Chicksen cost peanuts. Kemy takes Vicente wage. Andrews takes Harley + Dicker. Still leaves Bridge's (£10kpw) and Painter's (£5k+pw). Say Chicksen gets Painter's.
So, £10kpw left for a quality LOAN left back.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Which I keep saying when the Premier sides announce their 25 man squads and players know they will not get a game unless they go out on loan.

They've been announced, haven't they?

Edit: Not all, apparently. Swansea and Villa definitely have.
Most have announced squad numbers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I really don't know what people on here expect...If we signed someone from a mid table Spanish side, aged 32 who had played 35 times for their country and played over 300 games, a lot of them at this level and above. You would all be having a **** feast. But because his name is Keith Andrews and not Miquel your all really unimpressed....Andrews is basically a far better version of Hammond, so I would say that's an improvement.

Same sort of build as Hammond. I hope he is better.

He could end up as right back?

Some Bolton fans are keen to get rid of him: http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24904

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've saved wages from Hammond, Harley, Vicente, Dicker, Painter and Bridge.
Upson cost similar to what we paid last year. Chicksen cost peanuts. Kemy takes Vicente wage. Andrews takes Harley + Dicker. Still leaves Bridge's (£10kpw) and Painter's (£5k+pw). Say Chicksen gets Painter's.
So, £10kpw left for a quality LOAN left back.

Painter no where near 5k. More like 3k

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So let's be clear. Your solution to replacing Wayne Bridge is two young left backs with zero Championship experience and a 32 year old crock who was forced out by Jay Farking Spearing?

:facepalm:

I understand this signing is a little underwhelming considering we were all licking our lips when Oscar came in at the prospect of some Spanish flair heading our way, but I think Andrews could be a decent acquisition. Certainly not flair but steady and I'm beginning to warm to the idea of long term loans. Keep ourselves within F.F.P and if they're shit, ship them back again. Have no fear, I still believe we'll sign some eye candy before the window closes

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
people seem to have taken Chickeys performances in friendlies as a reason to say hes not good enough

Oh of course - an average few minutes in a pre-season friendly at a new club means that person is not good enough as a player. Clearly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I understand this signing is a little underwhelming considering we were all licking our lips when Oscar came in at the prospect of some Spanish flair heading our way, but I think Andrews could be a decent acquisition. Certainly not flair but steady and I'm beginning to warm to the idea of long term loans. Keep ourselves within F.F.P and if they're shit, ship them back again. Have no fear, I still believe we'll sign some eye candy before the window closes

I hope you're right. However last season all our decent signings (and one rubbish one) were from overseas or Premier League teams. Now we've signed a player that a team we have to finish above don't want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here