Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping Cats Out of Gardens

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Would you consider muzzling your cat to protect your local song bird population, as responsible owners of dogs considered to be dangerous do

Would you consider making all dogs mute because they could bark at any time, day or night, and that could annoy the neighbours?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think if you ring the police and tell them a cat is crapping in your garden and there are children around and so you want to hurt or distress the cat so it doesn't come round anymore they will often come round and take the children away.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Would you consider making all dogs mute because they could bark at any time, day or night, and that could annoy the neighbours?

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that there are procedures in place for dogs that cause noise complaints.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
You need to make an example to deter them from coming back. Crucify the next one that comes over and have it strung up in plain view. Let that be a warning to any of its feline friends.

More realistically though, razor wire round the top of the fences is very effective and you can get it thin enough so it won't even be noticeable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm a cat owner, but there is quite a bit of evidence about how cats are depleting the songbirds of this country. Yes farmers not managing land is a major factor but they have other things to worry about.

As for Mutts, he's just baiting you, he always does when these threads come up and you bite every time.

I do know this
its all animals
he/she gives the impression that dogs are an extension of his persona as are my cats are mine, I might be wrong but I was always maybe wrongly that if you love one type of animal you love all animals, this obviously is not the case where he/she is concerned.
we have had dogs and both of us love all animals

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You need to make an example to deter them from coming back. Crucify the next one that comes over and have it strung up in plain view. Let that be a warning to any of its feline friends.

More realistically though, razor wire round the top of the fences is very effective and you can get it thin enough so it won't even be noticeable.

and end up with a prison sentence
another one who needs to grow up

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
there is a very good product called ROAR
it dried lions poo and by putting it on the garden gives the message that there are bigger cats around ....believe me it works

yeah i don't like cats poo but i don't mind paying money to spread lions sh*t all around my garden instead, that'll learn 'em:facepalm:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Cheers for the replies so far - will give the orange peels a try.

Regarding shooting them with water pistols - is this actually considered ok? As much as personally I feel quite passionately that my neighbours' pets have no right to be in my garden, letting alone pollute it, I don't want to fall out with everyone over it. I can imagine doing it and suddenly hearing "oi, what you doing to my cat?" from an overlooking window!

I'd be happy for someone to squirt my cat with a water pistol, if he was in their garden. He'd soon get the message!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You're worried by a few cats in your garden!

Woke up to find this in our garden a few days back!

IMG_3997.JPG

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's a he! - a young bullock.- and yes he was friendly although the horses weren't too keen on him :)

sorry I thought it was a she
and a horse!!!!:lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd be happy for someone to squirt my cat with a water pistol, if he was in their garden. He'd soon get the message!

That happened to one of my cats at my old house,the neighbour a DOG lover,squirted him,fair enough.................one problem,he was on the communal walk way where the rubbish goes,so a sort on no mans land really.....

Pathetic i thought,a grown man squirting a cat with a water pistol,they did even have any kids,we had a daughter...but as she was too old to have a water pistol it got me thinking......did you go out and buy that,just to shoot at our cat....

Did not want to tell the missus,for fear of all out war....

All this highlights one thing.....dogs require control,their owners are control freaks,possessive and reactionary...............Be more CAT!!!............................and waits :lolol: :fishing:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
yeah i don't like cats poo but i don't mind paying money to spread lions sh*t all around my garden instead, that'll learn 'em:facepalm:

Whats the odds that a lot of those who complain about cats using their garden as a toilet have at some point put manure on their plants?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Now you are being really silly stop it

Am i? - depends on what people are willing to tolerate, some accept dogs barking as natural behavior but fail to see cats going to the loo wherever they happen to be when they need to go and think its something that their owners should control even though that is just natural behavior too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
you need to grow up and realise that we don`t all worship ****ing cats

You don't need to do anything,but could evolve and see the beauty in it all,i personally prefer cats,but have a great affection to dogs,and call me mad,but i talk dog too..i actually talk to animals..well lets call it communicate at a basic life level.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Am i? - depends on what people are willing to tolerate, some accept dogs barking as natural behavior but fail to see cats going to the loo wherever they happen to be when they need to go and think its something that their owners should control even though that is just natural behavior too.

Even dog owners need to sleep, why would they let their dogs bark all night long,NORTH STAND CHAT the site that just keeps on giving,long may it reign

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here