Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping Cats Out of Gardens

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Doesn't sound quite like the hysterical nature of your post.

http://www.cathaven.com.au/new-wa-cat-laws/

Read the link regarding the new law in W.A. - I'd like to see something similar in force in the UK but applying not only to cats but all domestic animals, cats, dogs ,horses, chickens, reptiles etc.

Specifally unless you are a licensed breeder then they should be sterilised, and in all cases microchipped, tagged and registered with the local council.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Read the link regarding the new law in W.A. - I'd like to see something similar in force in the UK but applying not only to cats but all domestic animals, cats, dogs ,horses, chickens, reptiles etc.

Specifally unless you are a licensed breeders they should be sterilised, and in all cases microchipped, tagged and registered with the local council.

God if only
seems the Australians are progressive in some fields of animal care then
here they think it will be very expensive.

I have highlighted what I wish might happen

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All i'm seeing with these replies is the onus being put on the person who doesn't own the cat nor want it in their yard.

Would you go around picking up other peoples dog shit?

If someones dog constantly shit on your front yard would you be ok with that? You know, you could go out every day with a shovel and pick it up.

1st World probelms eh. - It's a tough life

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All i'm seeing with these replies is the onus being put on the person who doesn't own the cat nor want it in their yard.

If someones dog constantly shit on your front yard would you be ok with that? You know, you could go out every day with a shovel and pick it up.

So if a fox were to poo in your garden every night, that would be acceptable because it's not owned by someone who should be telling it not to go there or would you whine about that too. (its not fair, i have to do some maintainance on my property whaa whaa whaa.....

Or maybe just maybe, cats are actually secretly well trained pets after all and it's your neighbours fault for instructing them to use your yard? - Do you all get along? Have you done anything to upset them?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

No I wouldnt ,but seems like I blo*dy well have to,unless of course I want a stinking rockery made of dog turd to look at .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here