• No

Votes: 87 59.6%

• Total voters

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Orthodoxy says no, but as @Affy said yesterday de Zerbi isn't exactly an orthodox manager.

Things and ways change, maybe this approach is the start of a new trend. Be interesting to see how it works out if both keepers play 50% each...

So should we rotate, I don't know, but I trust RDZ.
Thank you for saving me typing those exact words.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Terrible idea.

Steele had a worldie against Wolves and was dropped and we lose. Seems strange. He won't rotate Mitoma when he's dead on his arse after half a season so why rotate a keeper

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Slightly unfair. I’m sure RDZ would have liked to rest Mitoma, but who was able to play in that position with the attacking threat after March’s injury? He rested starting players against Newcastle and came unstuck. RDZ had to balance the squad competing for top 6 against fatigue, as shown in playing an injured Dunk until European football was all but secured.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There’s your answer, from the horses mouth!

De Zerbi on Bart and Jason

“They will play 50% of the games this year”

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think it's a smart way of phasing in a young talent. We have a LOT of games this year, keeping him and Steele happy won't be easy. So game time for both might be a good idea.

I dunno... until RDZ's decisions really cost us he could put his Mum in goal for all I care

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Rotating keepers seems like a risky plan to me.

But then if you would have asked a couple of years ago about the idea of having your centre backs just stand there with their foot on the ball as attackers rush to get it off them before releasing it at the last minute, I would have said that was a risky plan as well.

RDZ deserves our trust.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A keeper could get injured and the number two be asked to play regularly. This would keep them both match ready. I can also see an advantage to playing Sanchez against a big strong side who score from set pieces over Steele. Maybe Verbruggen offers something different to Steele

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It says it all on what he intends to do, yes.

But how many other top teams/world class managers have done the same? Few, if any, that I can think of.
England (with Shilton and Clements).

That went well :facepalm: :shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once upon a time, Ron Greenwood rotated Ray Clemance and Peter Shilton in alternate England games because he couldn't decide who was the better keeper.
I see you beat me two it :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And it turned out to be completely counter-productive.
Hard to tell. England were double plus shite back then. Struggled even to qualify for the end of season home championship.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
20230916_084419.jpg

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Don't like the idea of rotating,both good keeper's so will Jason be in today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here