• No

Votes: 87 59.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't recall any top club sides who have had what seems to be RDZ's policy this season of keeper rotation.

But I have the memory of a goldfish, so I may be missing some obvious cases - please remind me if so.

Anyway - keeper rotation: yes or no?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
After yesterday and we stop rotating when both are in goal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It says it all on what he intends to do, yes.

But how many other top teams/world class managers have done the same? Few, if any that I can think of.
It’s been talked about a lot in the media recently with Arsenal signing Raya alongside Ramsdale and the consensus has been sharing the keeper role doesn’t work and you need an established order.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It says it all on what he intends to do, yes.

But how many other top teams/world class managers have done the same? Few, if any, that I can think of.
Maybe RDZ is just ahead of the game. After Sanchez' strop, I can't think of a better way of a manager demonstrating that he has complete confidence in both keepers and that not being selected for a particular game does not constitute a demotion

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Orthodoxy says no, but as @Affy said yesterday de Zerbi isn't exactly an orthodox manager.

Things and ways change, maybe this approach is the start of a new trend. Be interesting to see how it works out if both keepers play 50% each...

So should we rotate, I don't know, but I trust RDZ.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Personally, I think that Steele should start most of our Premier League matches as number one.
Since Verbruggen has recently joined the squad, and is also relatively young, I feel like he has to develop into that keeper role.
I feel like giving him chances in the cups, and the "easier" Premier League matches, allows the chance to prove his role as the future number one.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Personally, I think that Steele should start most of our Premier League matches as number one.
Since Verbruggen has recently joined the squad, and is also relatively young, I feel like he has to develop into that keeper role.
I feel like giving him chances in the cups, and the "easier" Premier League matches, allows the chance to prove his role as the future number one.
I fear we did give him a chance in one of the "easier" Premier League matches 😄

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe RDZ is just ahead of the game. After Sanchez' strop, I can't think of a better way of a manager demonstrating that he has complete confidence in both keepers and that not being selected for a particular game does not constitute a demotion
Completely agree. A lot of what Brighton are doing at the moment hasn’t really been done before. Im
not surprised old goalkeepers are saying it wouldn’t work, it’s not in their interest for it to.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Don't agree with this. Creates inconsistency. You need your number one keeper to be match sharp at all times, and playing this game and that game just confuses them - and the defence.

However, I'm not RDZ so my opinion counts for nowt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, rotating outfield players depending on the opposition is something I’ve long felt our managers should do. Why not keepers?

Teams with big aggressive players relying on hoofs or crosses play Bart as he appears to be better at taking crosses under pressure…from what little I’ve seen. Going for a ball with Soucek and coming out on top was impressive and not convinced Jason would have got the same outcome. Just a feeling, haven’t seen enough of him to state it as a fact.

Anyway, yes, if RDZ thinks it’s an option I’m in.

Luckily Jason appears to be a player who accepts his lot, is Bart?

Jason did nothing wrong in the first two games, not convinced Bart did yesterday. Are people really blaming Dunk and Webster underperforming on a change of keeper? Don’t see it myself :shrug:

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It’s not that new. Shilton/Clemence.
Bit of a different scenario, isn't it? Plus that was ~40 years ago, pretty sure the trend and orthodox approach during the last 40 years, and possibly the last 140, has been to have a consistent #1.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bit of a different scenario, isn't it? Plus that was ~40 years ago, pretty sure the trend and orthodox approach during the last 40 years, and possibly the last 140, has been to have a consistent #1.
Agreed. And rotating Shilton and Clemence didn’t exactly lead to much England success. I think it’s a terrible idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here