Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kane?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dont agree at all. Nobody is expecting or wanting Oscar to change his philosophy and ideals. What I am saying is play CMS in a 4-3-3 formation either left or right of Ulloa and Ulloa knock the balls into the space goal side of the defenders or behind them for CMS to then grab and run at the defence which he is very good at, his speed will either take him past the defenders into the area for a shot on goal or to get a cross into Ulloa again.

So, as I described then. The position employed by KLL / Buckley on Saturday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Oh, and Gus had NOT s single clue how to play CMS. Here's hoping Oscar has a better idea how to use him, which is, as I said earlier, playing off of Ulloa.

Why do you think Oscar will change his whole system to accommodate CMS? Baffling.

we had this last year when we bought Ulloa, people believing Gus was suddenly going to play 4-4-2 to have CMS and Ulloa upfront.

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To suggest that CMS is 'shit' is fairly idiotic.

To suggest that he is the 'PERFECT striker for our system' isn't far behind though.

The role of the ONE striker Garcia plays is to be strong in posession. To win the aerial balls. To lay it off to the wide support men. To hold it at his feet, and draw a foul. To convert crosses.

So basically all of the facets of centre-forward play that are NOT part of CMS' game.

I honestly can't think of a striker anywhere who is LESS suited to Ulloa's role (for that's what it is) than CMS. Not one.

How unbalanced is your assessment of CMS!? Shocking. Yes, of course, if you compare him, or any other Championship striker for that matter, to Defoe, then he comes out 2nd best. But he WAS our top scorer last season (playing about 20 games), and deserves some respect from his club's alleged supporters.

His assessment of CMS as the lone striker is spot on if we are talking a straight swap for Ulloa. No way he can do the same role as him, he proved that last year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So, as I described then. The position employed by KLL / Buckley on Saturday.

This is the way I see it. KLL and Buckley have more skill than CMS, but I genuinely believe that CMS is the best man we have at being in the right place at the right time in and around the 6 yard box. He's the sort of player who'll always be there to stab home those balls that roll agonisingly across the goal, and his ability to turn and hit a shot is also a massive strength.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I do indeed.

I don't, but I do recall that there are several different theories - one of them quite rude.

As a quick aside from the football binfest I have just arrived at my Hotel in Sittingbourne (tattoo and piercing Capital of the UK) after a days work in lovely Ramsgate to confirm that Rosebud was apparently Hearst's nickname for a feature of his mistresses Lady Garden..... :ohmy:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Oh, and Gus had NOT s single clue how to play CMS. Here's hoping Oscar has a better idea how to use him, which is, as I said earlier, playing off of Ulloa.

Am i right in thinking, you were not Gus,s greatest fan?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is the way I see it. KLL and Buckley have more skill than CMS, but I genuinely believe that CMS is the best man we have at being in the right place at the right time in and around the 6 yard box. He's the sort of player who'll always be there to stab home those balls that roll agonisingly across the goal, and his ability to turn and hit a shot is also a massive strength.

But he isn't though is he, he can only run onto balls played over the top

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
image.jpg I preferl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here