Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kane?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The same CMS who was shit before he got injured? He will take time to even get back to that.

We certainly need a quality second striker from somewhere.

The same CMS who was our top scorer?

Oh, and he is the PERFECT striker for our new system.

Other than that yes he is shit, and lets pay him £15k a week to play in the reserves.

Idiot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The same CMS who was our top scorer?

Other than that yes he is shit, and lets pay him £15k a week to play in the reserves.

Idiot.

Agreed. Bit not sure 're ur Conway comments. Not seen much of him but Sat didn't fill me with confidence he could fill in up top...

Good to see many on here remembering how gd cms was first half of last season :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Idiot

To suggest that CMS is 'shit' is fairly idiotic.

To suggest that he is the 'PERFECT striker for our system' isn't far behind though.

The role of the ONE striker Garcia plays is to be strong in posession. To win the aerial balls. To lay it off to the wide support men. To hold it at his feet, and draw a foul. To convert crosses.

So basically all of the facets of centre-forward play that are NOT part of CMS' game.

I honestly can't think of a striker anywhere who is LESS suited to Ulloa's role (for that's what it is) than CMS. Not one.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I know this isn't related to Harry Kane in any way, but I think it'd be interesting to see how a system like this would work. Bit of the old diamond 4-4-2

------------------------Kuszczak-------------------------------
-----Bruno---------Greer----------Upson--------Ward-----
-------------------------Bridcutt--------------------------------
-----------Andrews------------------Crofts-------------------
-------------------------Orlandi---------------------------------
-----------------Ulloa--------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------CMS-------------------------

Not saying it would work, I'd just be interested to see us play with two quality strikers for a change. If not the above then maybe:

------------------------Kuszczak-------------------------------
-----Bruno---------Greer----------Upson--------Ward-----
-----------------Bridcutt----------Andrews-------------------
------Buckley--------------------------------------LuaLua----
--------------------Ulloa----------CMS-------------------------

Woooooar, 4-2-4 :drool:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He had 13 games on loan with Leicester last season scoring twice. Their reaction is "meh". He did well on loan at Millwall in 2012 and they desperately need a striker now.

I'd be surprised if Spurs loan him out, and even then I'd be surprised if QPR weren't the ones who got him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

To suggest that he is the 'PERFECT striker for our system' isn't far behind though.

The role of the ONE striker Garcia plays is to be strong in posession. To win the aerial balls. To lay it off to the wide support men. To hold it at his feet, and draw a foul. To convert crosses.

So basically all of the facets of centre-forward play that are NOT part of CMS' game.

I honestly can't think of a striker anywhere who is LESS suited to Ulloa's role (for that's what it is) than CMS. Not one.

Sorry I disagree with your assessment of the suitability of CMS playing with Ulloa. I think that he will be used as the slightly wider man in the Buckley Lua Lua of recent games type of role neither of whom are playing their normal wide winger role but a role coming inside the defenders and supporting the main striker. Yes they are still going wide and getting in some crosses but not as much as during Gus's time here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry I disagree with your assessment of the suitability of CMS playing with Ulloa. I think that he will be used as the slightly wider man in the Buckley Lua Lua of recent games type of role neither of whom are playing their normal wide winger role but a role coming inside the defenders and supporting the main striker. Yes they are still going wide and getting in some crosses but not as much as during Gus's time here.

So you say you disagree with my assesment (which is that CMS is very far from 'the perfect striker for our system') then go on to say that you'd have to play him somewhere else to get him a game. Got it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
was he shit then?didnt he score 10/11goals before he got injured,thats what i remember,its been so long since he played,wouldnt call him shit tbf

Spot on!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Defoe or Andy Johnson?

Defoe, ratty little scrote that he may be, has finishing ability approximately twenty times better than CMS. Did you see Defoe's two finishes in Spurs European game on Thursday? CMS scores the occasional great goal, but could only dream of tidy, reliable finishing like that.

Johnson is quite similar to CMS, but better at winning free kicks. CMS is a shockingly unconvincing diver!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

CMS WILL play off of Ulloa.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Defoe, ratty little scrote that he may be, has finishing ability approximately twenty times better than CMS. Did you see Defoe's two finishes in Spurs European game on Thursday? CMS scores the occasional great goal, but could only dream of tidy, reliable finishing like that.

Johnson is quite similar to CMS, but better at winning free kicks. CMS is a shockingly unconvincing diver!

How unbalanced is your assessment of CMS!? Shocking. Yes, of course, if you compare him, or any other Championship striker for that matter, to Defoe, then he comes out 2nd best. But he WAS our top scorer last season (playing about 20 games), and deserves some respect from his club's alleged supporters.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CMS WILL play off of Ulloa.

CMS might, as Bens Grandad suggests, get a game or two in place of Buckley / Lua lua in one of the wide roles. He is really not a good enough player to convince Oscar to completely re-draw his philosophy and system. Never going to happen.

And even if it ever did, Barnes would be better...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and Gus had NOT s single clue how to play CMS. Here's hoping Oscar has a better idea how to use him, which is, as I said earlier, playing off of Ulloa.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CMS might, as Bens Grandad suggests, get a game or two in place of Buckley / Lua lua in one of the wide roles. He is really not a good enough player to convince Oscar to completely re-draw his philosophy and system. Never going to happen.

And even if it ever did, Barnes would be better...

Barnes! Yeah, right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here