Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justin Edinburgh

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
There was a bloke sitting opposite me who seemed to be filming Edinburgh and his bald croney when they were inciting the crowd. Will be interesting if it ends up as evidence to any complaint!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yep I was row A. I'm no prude but there were kids around and I thought the abusive language and gestures from Edinburgh were unacceptable. Is your daughter young?

Yeah - shes 7 - she was covering her ears when up when their bench was giving it some back - she knows there is swearing at football and accepts that, but this evening was unacceptable. I'm no prude either, glad someone else feels the same.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Justin Edinburgh petulant little child !!!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Some nonsense on their forum about how Edinburgh's reaction was because we apparently booed a player with a broken leg off the pitch...

Obviously too stupid to understand the boos were for the referee and too deaf to hear the applause when Anthony was stretchered off.

A lot of boos coming from back of north west corner as the bloke was stretchered off, long after calders red card, a complete lack of class in my honest opinion.
There is a couple of good blokes up there, but lost all respect for many of them....

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Is there any difference between JE doing that Tomasz Kuszczak doing that against Palace? He was in front of our fans goading them constantly when you beat us 3-0 yet I bet he's considered a legend for doing that on here.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Is there any difference between JE doing that Tomasz Kuszczak doing that against Palace? He was in front of our fans goading them constantly when you beat us 3-0 yet I bet he's considered a legend for doing that on here.

Different between goading and swearing, no? It is like a reversal of what your manager wet his pants about during preseason vs Crawley..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

And what the shag is it to do with you ? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh man up, chaps, I accept kids shouldn't have to hear it, but it gets right on my nerves when people who probably swear for 90 minutes get the hump because a player or manager momentarily does the same. Also looks a bit sour grapes in the circumstances.

Complaining will get you precisely nowhere, unless it's something of the Kazim-Richards nature. Edinburgh is a tool, fine, but move on.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Edinburgh shouted at the bloke one row up from me: f*** off you fat c*** repeatedly. There was a bloke filming it. Hope he sends it in to be reviewed.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah - shes 7 - she was covering her ears when up when their bench was giving it some back - she knows there is swearing at football and accepts that, but this evening was unacceptable. I'm no prude either, glad someone else feels the same.

I definitely do. I was appalled and pretty shocked in all honesty.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
got a bit nawtey in the tunnel afterwards Bruno was having a right go at JE and his bald mate stewards had to separate them ,JE was really cvnting are club off and Bruno was having none of it .Told JE he should have more respect as he was really letting the F.s and C,s at the crowd fair play to Bruno kept his head and didn't swear once .

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Oh man up, chaps, I accept kids shouldn't have to hear it, but it gets right on my nerves when people who probably swear for 90 minutes get the hump because a player or manager momentarily does the same. Also looks a bit sour grapes in the circumstances.

Complaining will get you precisely nowhere, unless it's something of the Kazim-Richards nature. Edinburgh is a tool, fine, but move on.

It really wasn't momentarily, if he wasn't swearing loudly at his players it was at the crowd or at the bench or at the official, or the linesman or Spanish David. He was non stop. There was no need and he completely provoked the crowd. I've seen players get sent off for bad language before. He should have been removed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No there were a few boos in the east when he was on the stretcher, whether they were to the ref or player is difficult to say but it was not good.

Has he said anything post match?

"I'm not particularly interested in anybody else's supporters apart from our own and the conduct of my players, but to boo a player off the pitch who's had a double leg break is ludicrous, but we won't worry about that - we won't let that take away from what was a fantastic performance and a fantastic win. They can't even fill their stadium for their fancy new foreign manager. That summed up Brighton fans for me. We'll just enjoy playing in the next round while they're watching us on Sky or whatever".

Bit uncalled for.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

So.....you,re complaining about people complaining....hmmmmm...OK then.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Cant agree with this Edna. Not just about the swearing. Inciting the crowd, could have been serious trouble and it would be the fans getting bans not the numpties on the bench. The fact that the stewards didn't act apart from basically telling the fans to hush, just made the situation worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here