Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justin Edinburgh

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
The bloke with the baseball cap and one of the subs were the worse - having proper swearing and gesturing session at fans, especially when kids were about too.

I have NEVER had a go at the stewards but all they were doing were having a moan up at the BHAFC fans - while Newport bench got on with it. Stand Manager was present while ALL this happened, women went up and said their piece to him - hopefully he reports what happened and its not just a case of fans getting letters for gesturing back etc.

I just can't get my head around them being allowed to consistently incite the crowd pretty much the whole time after Calde was sent off. Assume they're trying to be the new Crazy Bunch or something equally tin pot.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It was a complete disgrace. Some of the language used by Justin was terrible. His assistant was no better. I was sitting right behind him and the stewards and officials did nothing about it.

Shame you didn't manage to get a few good digs in on the pair of tossers (or at least give 'em a good handbagging).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who was the gangsta anyway? Was he a player? Didn't look like one. Any ideas? Newport fans out there who can tell us?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was their Man City game. Which incidentally a few seasons on none of the Man City fans I know can remember now. It is not a big deal. It's cup football. It happens. Every season.

That's a bit over the top. There is not much difference between us then and Newport now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The bloke with the baseball cap and one of the subs were the worse - having proper swearing and gesturing session at fans, especially when kids were about too.

I have NEVER had a go at the stewards but all they were doing were having a moan up at the BHAFC fans - while Newport bench got on with it. Stand Manager was present while ALL this happened, women went up and said their piece to him - hopefully he reports what happened and its not just a case of fans getting letters for gesturing back etc.

Indeed... one of the subs was shouting "you ****ing pricks", etc. etc. at us. Interestingly, one of their players said "it was a 50:50 challenge" just before calde was sent off.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not as bad as the player who called us a "f*cking bunch of ******s".

Classy bunch.

Edit: Last word begins with fa....

We did play like a f*cking bunch of f****** though.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Good post. The red card changed the game and we were fortunate, but this result does mean a lot to us. I wouldnt have cared if we went out, it was always a bonus. We are living the dream at the moment, waited so long for this moment.

Who was the rude boy on your bench with the baseball cap on? Complete tool and makes you look amateur.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who was the gangster that appeared out of nowhere on their bench?
Thought he was going to pop some caps after their bloke went off injured.
Justin however is a complete an utter clown. You can get away with that language in non league (where he belongs) but his language (and his bald assistant) was an absolute disgrace.

Black guy in red hat seemed to know Watto well pre match. That bald **** was a disgrace and incited a bit of aggro. Pathetic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was there any need for the constant goading and gesturing to our fans every time your team scored tonight you smug smarmy prick. His assistant/ coach was worse too.

Not only unprofessional but just showed him and his club for what they are, nobodies treating us as a huge scalp.

"He's just a shit Ian Holloway , he's just a shit Ian Holloway , shit Ian Holloway" :lol:

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008

Ironic he was called the 'Stand Manager' when all he did was 'sit' on his arse and do absolutely bugger all despite the complaints.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Black guy in red hat seemed to know Watto well pre match. That bald **** was a disgrace and incited a bit of aggro. Pathetic.

Just been on the Newport County website - squad list and to me - it was the Number 4 and Number 10 that were the biggest offenders.

Led by that bald idiot and Edinburgh. At one point in fairness, Edinburgh saw a lady complaining to the steward and said to the bench - whats that about, then told the players to back off. Then goes on himself to antagonise and wind up the crowd.

NOTHING will be done, it was blatantly instigated by their bench as kicked off at the crowd when Calde got his red. If it was the crowd, people would be getting letters from the club. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen on this occasion, this was 100% Newport bench this time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Some nonsense on their forum about how Edinburgh's reaction was because we apparently booed a player with a broken leg off the pitch...

Obviously too stupid to understand the boos were for the referee and too deaf to hear the applause when Anthony was stretchered off.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Some nonsense on their forum about how Edinburgh's reaction was because we apparently booed a player with a broken leg off the pitch...

Obviously too stupid to understand the boos were for the referee and too deaf to hear the applause when Anthony was stretchered off.

That's rubbish, everyone around me clapped him off and I was right next to the dugout. So that's what Justin would have heard. There were boos just after for the ref.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
That's rubbish, everyone around me clapped him off and I was right next to the dugout. So that's what Justin would have heard. There were boos just after for the ref.

Must have been so close to where my daughter and I were sitting - Row I by dug out. Was a disgrace

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Good post. The red card changed the game and we were fortunate, but this result does mean a lot to us. I wouldnt have cared if we went out, it was always a bonus. We are living the dream at the moment, waited so long for this moment.

Good luck to you. Unfortunately your managers comments before the match, and his actions and his bench in the match, were very poor and juvenile, spoiled what was a good night for your club and supporters.
I actually thought that the foul was on Calderon, i was amazed when he got sent off. The booing was for the ref, your player was clapped off the pitch, it looked a serious injury, but i think 50/50 at best, but self inflicted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

No there were a few boos in the east when he was on the stretcher, whether they were to the ref or player is difficult to say but it was not good.

Has he said anything post match?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Must have been so close to where my daughter and I were sitting - Row I by dug out. Was a disgrace

Yep I was row A. I'm no prude but there were kids around and I thought the abusive language and gestures from Edinburgh were unacceptable. Is your daughter young?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yep I was row A. I'm no prude but there were kids around and I thought the abusive language and gestures from Edinburgh were unacceptable. Is your daughter young?

He's got no class, certainly as a manager, not much better as a footballer either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here