Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just the Striker to Come.......................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's no way that it balances out, you definitely save when there's no fee to pay another club.

Hypothetical example : We pay a club £200k for a player , who receives £20k from the selling club as his commission. We sign a player who is a free agent on a 2yr deal and he gets a £80k signing on fee. We still have to pay his wages. We have an additional £120k to play with by not paying a transfer fee. If we had agreed £200k as a transfer fee the player might not want to come here on £6k a week. In a free agent scenario we could negotiate to pay £7.5k a week which he would accept.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just been text a rumour.

If QPR get Defoe this week Bobby Z could be coming home.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Come on pal, Defoe and Zamora are two different completely players.

That would put BZ right down the pecking order behind Johnson, Cisse, Campbell, Hoilet have come in and then add Bothroyd, Dj Campbell and Mackie and you'll see that with the addition of Defoe, that Bobby's QPR days are numbered.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I have heard today that we are after Fernando Cavanaghi. Have no idea who he is.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That would put BZ right down the pecking order behind Johnson, Cisse, Campbell, Hoilet have come in and then add Bothroyd, Dj Campbell and Mackie and you'll see that with the addition of Defoe, that Bobby's QPR days are numbered.

Q.P.R have got more strikers than a box of swan vesta's.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have heard today that we are after Fernando Cavanaghi. Have no idea who he is.

Played in Russia for a few yrs, is all i know from memory, but i would take him in an instant looking at his record however, i doubt that is true

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Played in Russia for a few yrs, is all i know from memory, but i would take him in an instant looking at his record however, i doubt that is true

I heard it from someone who works for the club. Most likely bullshit but I thought it was quite obscure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here