Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just seen the FL show....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
And to quote the commentator Lambert tripped up and was given the second penalty the ref should be sacked he ruined what should have been a great game

The ref didnt stop it being a great game. Your team did by playing so negatively in the first half (lots of position but didnt look like scoring) and losing all discipline in the 2nd. Its a shame from your point of you. I went to your Posh home game and was thoroughly impressed. Crisp solid positive passing and effective penetration. I also went to Palace at home and this game as well as yesterdays shows you are a shadow of the team you were. GP needs to seriously go back to the drawing board.

The ref didnt stop it being a great game. Your team did by playing so negatively in the first half (lots of position but didnt look like scoring) and losing all discipline in the 2nd. Its a shame from your point of you. I went to your Posh home game and was thoroughly impressed. Crisp solid positive passing and effective penetration. I also went to Palace at home and this game as well as yesterdays shows you are a shadow of the team you were. GP needs to seriously go back to the drawing board.

Mate,please,for the love of god could you kindly f*** off and get on some other teams tits,please.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
18th of December at Nottarf Krap.

I don't think you will find many Saints fans saying the first one was a penalty, I was surprised when the referee gave it and expected the linesman to change his mind. This isn't Saints cheating, it's the referee getting a decision wrong.

Hammond's shout for a penalty was soft, he went down too easily and was always looking for the penalty, disappointed in Deano with that. Referee got that spot on.

Our second penalty was probably not a penalty when looking at replays, but in real time it looked certain. Referee can't look at a replay.

The most blatant shout for a penalty was when Painter blocked Lambert off, he wasn't even looking where the ball was.

Navarro very lucky to stay on the pitch, foot off the ground with his studs up when he fouled Morgan. Should have been a straight red.

The thing that you Brighton fans are forgetting about is that you had a penalty last year at St. Mary's which never was. Murray dived to win that penalty, you were jumping for joy when the referee pointed to the spot. What goes around comes around.

I thought du prado's was worse, now he was lucky to stay on the field

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Let's be honest folks, we came for a 0-0 draw, and when Saints scored, there was no Plan B.

Best team won.
Indeed , and although I didn't think either penalties were obvious penalties , they had a couple of clearer penalty shouts !!

No Complaints , fair play to them.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Did anybody else notice Barnes best contribution to the match?

As the second penalty was given and the game effectively over. He immediately seeks revenge by chest slamming the ref! The ref did well to keep his feet .....about the only thing he did well the whole game.

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
Shocking decision by the ref for the first pen and harsh giving Tanno a straight red.
Agreed that the first pen should have been a free kick on the edge of the area. But unless you know what Taricco said to the ref how can you have an opinion on how harsh the red card was?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Did anybody else notice Barnes best contribution to the match?

As the second penalty was given and the game effectively over. He immediately seeks revenge by chest slamming the ref! The ref did well to keep his feet .....about the only thing he did well the whole game.

Yeah saw that
He was pretty up for something yesterday steaming round the pitch like a bull chasing after their players (good to see him showing passion)
That was a quality barge on the ref
Think he probably feels he should be on the pitch instead of Paynter rather than on the bench (I'm not sure why he's not too)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thanks for that. Any chance you can f*** off to a Pompey board now our game is done with? You're cup final

This. Tho poyet bigged this game up too much. Think his compass is wonky. He needs to look north for our rivals not eest.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't think you will find many Saints fans saying the first one was a penalty, I was surprised when the referee gave it and expected the linesman to change his mind. This isn't Saints cheating, it's the referee getting a decision wrong.

Exactly.

Can we now begin to forget about this non-existent rivalry and both get on with the serious job of disliking Portsmouth and - I hope - enjoying their latest descent into poverty and relegation?

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes the ref won the game for us. Thats right.

I went to your Palace game recently - not sure you'll be getting that much revenge. Anyway, we'll see. Looking forward to another ding dong.

So really your saying your a closet Albion fan and can't wait to come to the Amex again to further your knowledge of football, well done for coming out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought du prado's was worse, now he was lucky to stay on the field

Du Prado's on Painter was every bit as bad as Navarro's. Both the BBC and the Saints fans seem to have missed it though. I actually thought he was very lucky not to get a second yellow for his comedy dive about 10 mins later.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I said while watching the Football League Show that we hadn't had a single attack show in the entire highlights. That's SHOCKING in a featured game. I'm pretty sure even when matches finish 6-0 or 7-0 they usually show the losing team at least having a chance, but with the exception of the teams walking out the tunnel I don't think Kelvin Davis came into the camera shot once. I'm not bothered that we lost to Southampton, but I agree with the thread starter - that is very embarrassing.

We all agree the Albion were fairly poor, but why are you embarrassed by the editing of the FLS? Do you work for the BBC?

If they'd wanted to, they could have shown Noone's shot over the bar in the first half, or his free kick in the second. If they'd wanted to they could have shown the incident when Davies dropped the ball and we had two goal bound efforts blocked on the line. If they wanted to they could have shown Guly's studs up challenge as well as Navarro's.

But they chose not to. Its how editting works - the director chooses the footage he wants, that shows the story he wants to tell - Nothing really for you to get too upset or 'embarrassed' about.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Let's face it... We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored.

Saints aren't cheats, although would argue that Dean Hammond is a vile cheating wanker.

For me only one pen, the one that wasn't given in 2nd half... Lambert incident 1st half was a foul before.. Hammond kicked Harper and fell over .. Pen given miles outside the box and Calderon never touched Lambert for the 2nd. Having said that the goal that won it was a great move, poor defending for us that we left their main threat to be marked by Noone and Tarricco but great play from Lambert to find himself in that position and create the mismatch in height and power.

We were poor going forward and to be honest were victims of the way we set our self up on Saturday, can work if you are solid but move the ball forward quickly but we didn't really look threatening when we had the ball.

I would argue the ref did ruin the game though with his decisions, despite how poor we were 1-0 is still a score you can come back from no matter how shit you are playing... However 2-0 with 10 men against a powerful strong side who won their previous 19 games at home isn't something you come back from when you are under performing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's face it... We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored.

Saints aren't cheats, although would argue that Dean Hammond is a vile cheating wanker.

For me only one pen, the one that wasn't given in 2nd half... Lambert incident 1st half was a foul before.. Hammond kicked Harper and fell over .. Pen given miles outside the box and Calderon never touched Lambert for the 2nd. Having said that the goal that won it was a great move, poor defending for us that we left their main threat to be marked by Noone and Tarricco but great play from Lambert to find himself in that position and create the mismatch in height and power.

We were poor going forward and to be honest were victims of the way we set our self up on Saturday, can work if you are solid but move the ball forward quickly but we didn't really look threatening when we had the ball.

I would argue the ref did ruin the game though with his decisions, despite how poor we were 1-0 is still a score you can come back from no matter how shit you are playing... However 2-0 with 10 men against a powerful strong side who won their previous 19 games at home isn't something you come back from when you are under performing.

Pretty fair summary, although not sure why You rate Lambert and Guly as less cheats than Hammond?

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
How can anyone complain when had virtually no shots on taget

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
We all agree the Albion were fairly poor, but why are you embarrassed by the editing of the FLS? Do you work for the BBC?

If they'd wanted to, they could have shown Noone's shot over the bar in the first half, or his free kick in the second. If they'd wanted to they could have shown the incident when Davies dropped the ball and we had two goal bound efforts blocked on the line. If they wanted to they could have shown Guly's studs up challenge as well as Navarro's.

But they chose not to. Its how editting works - the director chooses the footage he wants, that shows the story he wants to tell - Nothing really for you to get too upset or 'embarrassed' about.

I agree with you in terms of the shots off the line. But Noone's shot over the bar and wayward free kick werent even close. The first game on the FLS isn't 20 mins of hightlights, it's about 5. Those efforts dont warrant being put on for me.

But if you are going to be embarrassed, it should be about the fact your tactics were so negative until we scored and then you lost all discipline. Worst team ive seen at SMS this season. That said, why would you be embarrassed as a fan. It's not as if you were playing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's be honest folks, we came for a 0-0 draw, and when Saints scored, there was no Plan B.

Best team won.

Nonsense. We were better at 1-0 down and it was still entirely an open game until the ref decided to hand the match to southampton on a plate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But if you are going to be embarrassed, it should be about the fact your tactics were so negative until we scored and then you lost all discipline. Worst team ive seen at SMS this season.

Until you scored the 2nd, it DEFINITELY was still an open contest, a bit end to end at times, so that surprises me very much. You can't really talk about our team after the ref handed you the game, as it was an insane situation to be in, I'm sure any team would've reacted the same way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here