Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just seen the FL show....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
lets get one thing straight - our first pen was a comical decision. Not only was it outside the box but im not sure it was a foul. And our second was a bit soft.

However, RL was blatantly held back in the first half and was blatantly barged off the ball in the second when the cross came over. The BBC commentator agreed that both those WERE blatant pen. Also, Hammonds claim i've seen given plenty of times (although he was looking for it).

Yes Tarrico 's grizzling for the 1st pen caused you to go down to ten which made the game safe, but if we had the pen in the first half it would have been 2 nil by then anyway. And im sure your assistant mgr would have found reason to complain about that anyway.

So anyone calling us cheats etc is a very poor loser. The entire highlights of the game was Saints attacking Albion - not one Albion attack (although they did miss that one cleared off the line just after our 1st goal). I've never seen that before.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Thanks for that. Any chance you can f*** off to a Pompey board now our game is done with? You're cup final

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
lets get one thing straight - our first pen was a comical decision. Not only was it outside the box but im not sure it was a foul. And our second was a bit soft.

However, RL was blatantly held back in the first half and was blatantly barged off the ball in the second when the cross came over. The BBC commentator agreed that both those WERE blatant pen. Also, Hammonds claim i've seen given plenty of times (although he was looking for it).

Yes Tarrico 's grizzling for the 1st pen caused you to go down to ten which made the game safe, but if we had the pen in the first half it would have been 2 nil by then anyway. And im sure your assistant mgr would have found reason to complain about that anyway.

So anyone calling us cheats etc is a very poor loser. The entire highlights of the game was Saints attacking Albion - not one Albion attack (although they did miss that one cleared off the line just after our 1st goal). I've never seen that before.

Hammond was booked for diving. Which he did. I believe that is cheating. Cheats.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Redneb - you are correct Saints probably should have had a pen or two in the first half, I guess the ref probably realised that at half time and decided two soft decisions in the 2nd would make up for it.

Question - With 1175 posts on this board in 2 years, you are either really an Albion supporter or have just too much time on your hands..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sorry but the one in the first half was not a penalty, didn't pick up the intitial infringement by Lambert - can't argue with the second half Painter on Lambert, so maybe 2-0, which I feel would have been about right.

What the incredibly one-sided highlights didn't show was the foul on Mackail-Smith before the first penalty - I'm never surprised with the Beeb though. I mean why show Navarro's challenge for a yellow and not the scathing challenges on Painter and Noone?

You are not cheats as a club, the incompetence of the officials is beyond your control. Deserved win, but I think if you didn't have Lambert, you'd be a third of the team - great player.

D

Deleted member 2719

Strange you forgot to mention how Lambert cheated when diving for the penalty against calderon he really didn't even breath on him and should have got a straight red card for thoses sort of dives.

We haven't got to long to wait for revenge against you perhaps we can have a unbiased ref that day.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Strange you forgot to mention how Lambert cheated when diving for the penalty against calderon he really didn't even breath on him and should have got a straight red card for thoses sort of dives.

We haven't got to long to wait for revenge against you perhaps we can have a unbiased ref that day.

Yes the ref won the game for us. Thats right.

I went to your Palace game recently - not sure you'll be getting that much revenge. Anyway, we'll see. Looking forward to another ding dong.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

you whinging sailor shaggers realy do not like your own medicine at st marys do you.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not sure why everybody is getting so upset at Redneb here. Even allowing for what went on in the editing suite I'm pretty sure the highlights package doesn't lie. The game was all Southampton and they took the lead with a perfectly good goal. We could argue all day about penalties that were versus penalties that weren't but all we're actually doing is haggling over the size of the defeat. We were well beaten and there's no sense in looking for other people to blame for that. That stops a team acknowledging its own faults and looking to address them.

Good luck to Southampton. They look like a real team right now. We must hope that Gus and the team have a plan of attack to get their mojo back because it seems that not only are we not scoring but now not even making chances and that way danger lies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let's be honest folks, we came for a 0-0 draw, and when Saints scored, there was no Plan B.

Best team won.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
When do Saints play Pompey and is it home or away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here