Just seen the FL show....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not sure why everybody is getting so upset at Redneb here. Even allowing for what went on in the editing suite I'm pretty sure the highlights package doesn't lie. The game was all Southampton and they took the lead with a perfectly good goal. We could argue all day about penalties that were versus penalties that weren't but all we're actually doing is haggling over the size of the defeat. We were well beaten and there's no sense in looking for other people to blame for that. That stops a team acknowledging its own faults and looking to address them.

Good luck to Southampton. They look like a real team right now. We must hope that Gus and the team have a plan of attack to get their mojo back because it seems that not only are we not scoring but now not even making chances and that way danger lies.

The voice of reason. My heart says it will all work out all right in the end.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Southampton did cheat and was always looking for the penalty's, and maybe if you had a first half penalty then we probably still had 11 players on the pitch, the ref killed it for us as being 2.0 down with ten players were never going to get back in it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Clutching at straws perhaps, but why the f*** do those highlights completely ignore the effort we had cleared off the line not long after they took the lead?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Not sure why everybody is getting so upset at Redneb here. Even allowing for what went on in the editing suite I'm pretty sure the highlights package doesn't lie. The game was all Southampton and they took the lead with a perfectly good goal. We could argue all day about penalties that were versus penalties that weren't but all we're actually doing is haggling over the size of the defeat. We were well beaten and there's no sense in looking for other people to blame for that. That stops a team acknowledging its own faults and looking to address them.

Good luck to Southampton. They look like a real team right now. We must hope that Gus and the team have a plan of attack to get their mojo back because it seems that not only are we not scoring but now not even making chances and that way danger lies.

This with bells on

OWTS

May 24, 2010
When do Saints play Pompey and is it home or away?

18th of December at Nottarf Krap.

I don't think you will find many Saints fans saying the first one was a penalty, I was surprised when the referee gave it and expected the linesman to change his mind. This isn't Saints cheating, it's the referee getting a decision wrong.

Hammond's shout for a penalty was soft, he went down too easily and was always looking for the penalty, disappointed in Deano with that. Referee got that spot on.

Our second penalty was probably not a penalty when looking at replays, but in real time it looked certain. Referee can't look at a replay.

The most blatant shout for a penalty was when Painter blocked Lambert off, he wasn't even looking where the ball was.

Navarro very lucky to stay on the pitch, foot off the ground with his studs up when he fouled Morgan. Should have been a straight red.

The thing that you Brighton fans are forgetting about is that you had a penalty last year at St. Mary's which never was. Murray dived to win that penalty, you were jumping for joy when the referee pointed to the spot. What goes around comes around.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ref had a shocker no doubt......penalty decisions even themselves out over the course of a season...ye at one nil we were still in it....playing well enuff until the final third so doubtful we would hav scored..but I guess u will never know.....rednob....are we yur second club? U spend an awful lot of time over here

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
For me yesterday reminded me of Leciester away, carbon copy of them going 1-0 up just after the break.

From the 55th minute the rest of the game is irrelevent. But I could quite imagine the game was going to end 1-0 just like at The King Power in September up until that point. I was quite suprised that Saints didn't ram home the adavantage like Manchester City did at Old Trafford recently and also the Huddersfield 7-1 defeat a few seasons ago.
I thought Southampton were pretty much on par with Leciester, they just seem to have got the consitendcey to win at home every week.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hammond was booked for diving. Which he did. I believe that is cheating. Cheats.

Add to that Lamberts dive for the 2nd penalty, which i believe is also known as cheating.

Once in a game, ok, but a couple of dives in a game where they are looking for penalties clearly shows a team prepared to cheat in order to get results.

OWTS

May 24, 2010
Add to that Lamberts dive for the 2nd penalty, which i believe is also known as cheating.

Once in a game, ok, but a couple of dives in a game where they are looking for penalties clearly shows a team prepared to cheat in order to get results.

Much like Brighton last year at St. Mary's then. You lot seem to forget that Glenn Murray took a blatant dive last year to try and win you lot the game. We had a clearer shout for a penalty last year in the first half when Calderon took Lallana down that wasn't giving.

We had one stonewall penalty turned down and another which was questionable in the first half. The FL show didn't include the first half one in their highlights.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Shocking decision by the ref for the first pen and harsh giving Tanno a straight red. 2nd pen was soft but we've had plenty like that given; CMS and Vicente this season for starters. Those shouting 'cheats' at Southampton are blinkered fools. As much as I hate Hammond I'm sure the majority of players in that situation would have gone to ground. We got beaten by the better side, albeit controversially (although they had two other good shouts for pens). Move on. Was strange that the Beed decided not to show a single Albion attack on the FLS though, but hey ho.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well, you only had one attack. But yes, was a bit odd they didn't show Davis dropping the ball and the subsequent scramble. But really, that was it for you going forward.

At least you've picked an honest username. Feel free to f*** off when you've had your fill though.

lets get one thing straight - our first pen was a comical decision. Not only was it outside the box but im not sure it was a foul. And our second was a bit soft.

However, RL was blatantly held back in the first half and was blatantly barged off the ball in the second when the cross came over. The BBC commentator agreed that both those WERE blatant pen. Also, Hammonds claim i've seen given plenty of times (although he was looking for it).

Yes Tarrico 's grizzling for the 1st pen caused you to go down to ten which made the game safe, but if we had the pen in the first half it would have been 2 nil by then anyway. And im sure your assistant mgr would have found reason to complain about that anyway.

So anyone calling us cheats etc is a very poor loser. The entire highlights of the game was Saints attacking Albion - not one Albion attack (although they did miss that one cleared off the line just after our 1st goal). I've never seen that before.

f*** off you Cvnt.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ref had a shocker no doubt......penalty decisions even themselves out over the course of a season...ye at one nil we were still in it....playing well enuff until the final third so doubtful we would hav scored..but I guess u will never know.....rednob....are we yur second club? U spend an awful lot of time over here

Yeah second club and yes a lot of time on here. It's great fun especially at this point in time. Love putting some of you straight, especially after so much of you suddenly and bizarly see us as rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports